- Sep 18, 2013
Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1
In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.
1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work
Download: A40(Exynos variant - A405F)
- Go to developer settings and enable OEM unlocking
- Reboot the device into download mode
- Follow instructions in download mode to UNLOCK your bootloader
- This will wipe your data partition so beware , boot phone to system and let it connect to internet after bootloader unlock.
- Reboot into download mode and FLASH included TWRP tar file
- Boot into twrp
- Format Internal storage in TWRP
- Flash the multidisabler zip *Copy this to your SDCARD before wiping internal etc* this is for disabling all checks ( HUGE thanks to @geiti94)
- Make sure you are rooted with latest Magisk otherwise you will lose twrp
- USB OTG mount for the moment
NOTE: I don't own the device myself , but i do have A305F which is pretty similar to this device so building should be fairly similar
Thanks to @DerGraf1997 for testing blindly for me