I successfully installed TWRP, installed a custom ROM, and had everything the way I wanted it. Then I made a backup, formatted data and tried to restore it. It went into a boot loop. I tried again with the same result. I used compression. Is that supported, and if so, what else could be wrong? The backup had completed successfully. Should I have backed up everything?
Hey, I'm getting a bootloop on my A505F/DS. I followed all the instructions but the phone just bootloops after installing TWRP. It comes up with the unofficial firmware message on the A50 screen and then the bootloader unlocked message then it restarts. It's running the latest version of Android 10.
1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" and unlock BL in download mode (located in Developers options).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work
power off the device and boot in download mode with vol up + vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
setup the phone without google account etc
reboot in download mode and flash the magisk prepatched tar for your device with odin in the AP field (if you want to patch twrp byself download unpatched tar and select it in magisk manager. patched tar is in downloads folder after patch)
hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
press reboot to recovery in twrp for boot rooted with magisk.
NOTE: for boot rooted press vol up+power until you see a50 logo and release it or in twrp select reboot recovery.
-Rebased to ASK9/ASL1 Kernel source
- Rebased Kernel Source to ASJ1 one
- Added Random Reboot fix by ahronshor
- Magisk patched Builds use now Magisk 20.1. so if your rom dont boots anymore = broken rootfs and its not a problem of the recovery but from the rom and rom dev needs to fix it
-Reverted MTP Changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked in system
- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked any more on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
- Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)
- Reverted FFS MTP changes since new way is more stable
- Fixed MTP using FFS_MTP in recovery (Thx to @bigbiff for add FFS MTP support on TWRP 3.3.0. FFS_MTP dont corrupts large files like the mtp used by samsung in the roms)
- Removed File Based backups because the phone refuses to boot from filebased backups since they breaks the rootfs
- Fixed completly bootloop issue
- Fixed the data error (was my fault because data was set to f2fs)
-Release a V2 of todays build with a bug fix (recovery dtbo was not included in image because i forgot a string in the boardconfig)
-Reworked Device tree completly
-Kernel Source Reworked completly too and Rebased to ASH2 kernel source
-Fixed the bug with twrp dont boots when phone is encrypted
-System as root implemented right in twrp (note all old zips will not work anymore and the devs needs to update it. Look on s10 threads how the updater script is made)
-Magisk can get updated normaly with magisk manager (make sure you are on a custom rom or a stock rom with rootfs that is intact and not broken or you get a bootloop) If magisk 19.4 cant boot then its not a problem of twrp but from the rom dev that breaked rootfs support on the system or vendor partition