[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A51 5G (Exynos)

Search This thread

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
home.png
backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
Galaxy A51 5G A516U, A516U1, A516W, A516V, A516B, A5160 and A516N

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
here

Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader.
2. Download A51 5G: a51x.
3. Reboot to download mode
4. Put the TWRP TAR for your device with Odin in the AP slot, vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in USERDATA slot and click start.
5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo (Vol up + power + USB connected).
6. Disable encryption:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
- Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.​
- Reboot to recovery.​
7. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
8. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Support:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram:
https://t.me/twrp_a_m_series

Bugs:
- Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
@ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
Kernel tree
Device tree

Last edited:
Reactions: fauna

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Changelog:
29.11.2021 - Update to TWRP 3.6.0
- Add Symlinked dynamic partitions to fstab
- Update multidisabler
- fstab clean up
- Fix haptic feedback
08.06.2021 - Initial Release.

Last edited:

cornaljoe

Hi nice to see we finally have a way to unlock the bootloader. I noticed your sources are based on andriod 10. Do you plan on updating it to andriod 11 or should they already work? The A51 5G is currently on 11. I'm interested in testing with compiling roms since I own this device.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Hi nice to see we finally have a way to unlock the bootloader. I noticed your sources are based on andriod 10. Do you plan on updating it to andriod 11 or should they already work? The A51 5G is currently on 11. I'm interested in testing with compiling roms since I own this device.
Hi, the android 11 bootloader is not unlockable yet, not tested but most likely.
I can update my kernel in twrp but its useless.

AokJay

Jul 30, 2021
hello hate to trouble anyone but im a newb. im trying to bypass a password my grandmother forgot
on her samsung a51 so she can use it again we are totally locked out of phone and could really use some help.
i have downloaded odin but not sure how to use it or what all of it does . my grama is the best, she
always does everything for me so i would really like to be able to help her out for once. Any help is wanted and appreciated thanks.

MoreChaosTheory

Jan 30, 2022
Update: It seems that the File Manager is 'Read Only', unless I'm missing something. There was no option to remove the 'Read Only' permissions. I am able to install zip files like normal.

Hi, just wanted to let you know this worked fine for me. I unlocked my bootloader early last year, so I had no issues. I haven't tried everything in it but everything I needed worked.
My phone details:
Model: SM-A516B/DS
Android Version: 11
One UI Version 3.1
Baseband: A516BXXU4CUE3
Security Patch: 1 April 2021
Bootloader Status: Unlocked
Root Method: Magisk

Last edited:

madawic1992

Sep 30, 2022
Hello i have samsung a51 5g sm-a516b i need drivers for flashing exynos 7920 drivers and cfg to reset usb any guys help me?