Development [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A53 5G (Exynos)

Search This thread

Mariosstam

Aug 25, 2022
I did exactly as this guide said
except kernel and magisk flash
Then I flash a gsi and I got bootloop
Any solution ?

Also after I flashed the gsi I couldn't get back to recovery and I ended up flashing the stock firmware again !!

aximut

May 15, 2022
I did exactly as this guide said
except kernel and magisk flash
Then I flash a gsi and I got bootloop
Any solution ?

Also after I flashed the gsi I couldn't get back to recovery and I ended up flashing the stock firmware again !!
The bootloop you can only fix by flashing the patched kernel as well. Had exactly the same issue.

And it is possible to exit the bootloop without reflashing stock. Just press Pwr + Vol down very long to shut down the device and then once it starts again be very quick in pressing the recovery combo.

Last edited:

aximut

May 15, 2022
And of course, you also need vbmeta.img flashed at some point, but I assume you did that already when unlocking the bootloader.

Reactions: Mariosstam

Lowkeys

Jul 11, 2022
So If I flash the kernel that is posted here I will be able to boot into gsi ? Right ?
When you flashed the gsi did you flash it into the super partition, and did you make a .zip file with the .img like in the following tutorial?
Because I'm tryna install lineageos and lol I'm trynna flash it.
Edit: Here's the screenshot of the image being installed:
I got the .img for my arm64 in the following:

Last edited:

Lowkeys

Jul 11, 2022
Can you send me a link to the lineageos .img file you downloaded? As it seems my phone just goes into the bootloop even after flashing the kernel as said above, after flashing the os, note I flahsed lineage-19.1-20220814-UNOFFICIAL-a64_bgS.img.xz from the Sourceforge link provided above from .19 subfolder.
Here's the twrp log of what happened during the downloading of the os:
IMG_20220827_194404.png

If you could help I would much appreciate it, as my phone is just going in a bootloop!

• Wow
Reactions: aximut

aximut

May 15, 2022
Can you send me a link to the lineageos .img file you downloaded? As it seems my phone just goes into the bootloop even after flashing the kernel as said above, after flashing the os, note I flahsed lineage-19.1-20220814-UNOFFICIAL-a64_bgS.img.xz from the Sourceforge link provided above from .19 subfolder.
Here's the twrp log of what happened during the downloading of the os:
View attachment 5698059
If you could help I would much appreciate it, as my phone is just going in a bootloop!

Of course your system goes into bootloop...
A53 is an ARM64 device and not A64 ;)

aximut

May 15, 2022
Ine more thing, in lineageos when I update the os I do not get to go back into the os and it goes into a bootloop again, this is after booting into the system and updating it.

Go into TWRP and wipe your "data" partition. Then try again. Data is encrypted by default and this makes it unencrypted.
Let me know if this works for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy A53 5G A536B, A536E, A536N & A5360

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Downloads for A53 5G: a53x twrp and kernel
    3. Reboot to download mode
    4. Put the TWRP TAR for your device with Odin in the AP slot, vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in USERDATA slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo (Vol up + power + USB connected).
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    - Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.​
    - Reboot to recovery.​
    7. Flash custom kernel and magisk apk in twrp.
    8. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Support:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram:
    https://t.me/twrp_a_m_series

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @MaloyZV on telegram for testing
    @ianmacd for multidisabler
    @Dan_FFM (David Dean) for helping with convert readonly f2fs vendor to readwrite
    Donators

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    OK thanks. What partition does the multidisabler actually patch to disable encryption? System? Or boot?
    Vendor is ro, it convert it to rw then patch vendor/etc/fstab.exynos****
    The GSI has no support for userdata encryption, which means that the internal data can't be encrypted (and should be unencrypted in /data). Otherwise I would not be able to boot into the ROM. But maybe I am wrong on this.

So if I reformat my data and run the multidisabler, does that mean I can access data in TWRP even having a custom ROM?
    Yes after running multidisabler and formatting data. You might able to boot GSI without custom kernel but not stock
    Changelog:
    12.07.2022 - Initial Release.
    Is it also possible to make system/product partitions RW optional? That would be great for debloating/removing GOS.