[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy Note 10 (Exynos)

Search This thread

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Thread lightly cleaned. Just a friendly reminder to all. Whether you agree/disagree with another members comment or findings, profane or disrespectful comments will be removed per XDA rule 2.1:
2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.
If you have a discrepancy with another member, please keep it relegated to PM's, and not post them in the public forums. Thanks to all for your cooperation in this matter.

-Badger50

sevsman

Mar 24, 2011
Yes is there a link to this? There is an updated version for note 10+ 5G model? N976B?

There's no update for the 976B and geiti is notorious for failing at keeping things updated.
Ian has just said in his telegram group that he may be building one for a couple of the users there so your best bet is to go to the TWRP thread for the S10 and join his group.

He has already built for the 975F and I'm currently using it without any issues.

sevsman

Mar 24, 2011
Thats not thrue. There ist no TWRP for CTC9 rom Yet

At no point did he state CTC9 and as you've not stated which device I will educate you and say there is a TWRP for CTC9 and 975F, but just not for the 976.

If I'd replied saying that there was a 976B TWRP then I would be wrong, but I didn't :laugh:

Nussi29

Apr 21, 2012
Lustenau
OnePlus 9
At no point did he state CTC9 and as you've not stated which device I will educate you and say there is a TWRP for CTC9 and 975F, but just not for the 976.

If I'd replied saying that there was a 976B TWRP then I would be wrong, but I didn't :laugh:

The question was if there is a twrp for note 10. Not note10+ or other phones. And you say yes, there is a version on Nas server. The answer is: NO, there is no twrp for note 10 now that work with ctc9. Stop

sevsman

Mar 24, 2011
The question was if there is a twrp for note 10. Not note10+ or other phones. And you say yes, there is a version on Nas server. The answer is: NO, there is no twrp for note 10 now that work with ctc9. Stop

I was referring to BTB for geiti TWRP and there is a fully functional CTC9 TWRP for the 975F but it's not from geiti.

Feel free to read my previous posts and you'll see that I also stated that :laugh:

I've flashed this to my Note 10 PLUS SM-N9750/DS both TWRP_3.3.1_N10+_N975_ASHE_V3.tar and TWRP_3.3.1_N10+_N975_ASHE_V3_MAGISK_PAT]......

Hi, as the image clearly shows you haven’t even unlocked your bootloader yet so obviously you can’t flash anything till unlock it first. Own lock is on so you need to enable Dev options, enable usb debugging and oem unlock,then before getting into download mode where it ask you to continue or cancel there’s an option to press and hold Bol up for the 3 step of BL unlock. It’ll ask are you Sure and when you click on or whatever the menu says for okay. Your entire data will be wipe so take a backup. Your phone is a Qualcomm snapdragon device so confirm different as they probably are.

Get the TWRP official recovery that is available for snapdragon variants and is supported as it is official.

Hope this helps

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

@geiti94 is there any way we can get one done for the Note 10 Lite? I only ask since you are covering all of the Note 10 models with Exynos chipset here and the Note 10 Lite is Exynos chipset.

Maybe exynos but not the same chipset haven’t you noticed your device model number isn’t the same series I mean it is N970 for note ten, N975 for note10 plus, N976 for 10+ with G.

Yours is probably an exynos chipset that is the exynos version of a Qualcomm 7 series chipset.

popi_922

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
@geiti94 are you planning to update to CT9 base for SM-N976B version?

Thanks!!

PD: When I flash last posted TWRP version (DECEMBER 2019) break camera..

Regards!

Enviado desde mi SM-N976B mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

bearusa

Jun 22, 2011

Thanks!!

Regards!

Don't forget, after install you need to reboot into twrp, wipe data, reboot. I had same issue with camera....

sevsman

Mar 24, 2011

Thanks!!

Regards!

Hello mate,

Please look in the 420rom thread and you'll find that we have a fully working CTC9 TWRP and a working custom base ROM and add-on module for the 975F and 976B.

Regards,

Nathan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
    In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
    1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
    2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
    (Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
    3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
    (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
    4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: Note 10(Exynos variants - N970/971/975/976/N/F/B)
    Download

Sources:
    TWRP Tree and kernel source

Changelog:
    - Updated TWRP for Android 10.0
    - From now on no more Magisk Prepatched images (if you need it patch it byself or flash my kernel where patched recovery is not needed)

-Reverted MTP Changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked in system

- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked any more on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
    - Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)
    - Reverted FFS MTP changes since new way is more stable :)

- Fixed MTP using FFS_MTP in recovery (Thx to @bigbiff for add FFS MTP support on TWRP 3.3.0. FFS_MTP dont corrupts large files like the mtp used by samsung in the roms)
    - Removed File Based backups because the phone refuses to boot from filebased backups since they breaks the rootfs

-Initial Release

Bugs:
    -No one

Telegram Group
    https://t.me/twrp_n10

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] TWRP for Galaxy Note 10 (Exynos), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-08-27

Created 2019-08-27
    Last Updated 2019-12-15
    Guide:
    1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
    2. power off the device and boot in download mode with power + vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
    3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
    4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
    5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
    6. setup the phone without google account etc
    7. reboot in download mode and flash twrp tar for your device with odin in the AP field (if you want to patch twrp byself patch the downloaded tar in magisk manager. patched tar is in downloads folder after patch)
    8. hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
    9. format data in twrp
    10. flash the disabler that is on TWRP download link
    11. flash my kernel avaiable here
    12. press reboot to system in twrp.
    So ASHE sources are out. Today after work i will upload ASHE builds for all 4 modells
    So twrp is updated for Android Q. there will be no more prepatched images since my kernel can now be used. if someone wants a patched recovery instead of kernel he can patch it byself with magisk manager.

N10 5G and N10+ 5G TWRP will get updated after sammy release Q tars
    so n10 5g and n10+ 5g twrp is added too