• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy Note 10 (Exynos)

Search This thread

geiti94

Mar 18, 2009
Zürich
so again new builds since i needed to revert the mtp changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked anymore on sammy roms

Reactions: Ahmadhmedan

aljoscha81

Apr 23, 2016
so again new builds since i needed to revert the mtp changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked anymore on sammy roms
Is there a chance to get back to stock rom without harm any knox score or so ?
And what does it mean cause you wrote about in some country it does not matter when get this software flashed and guarantee?
Can you give me some basic knowledge it is my first samsung phone exynos i am a little bit unwilling and reluctant by lost my warranty maybe......you know?
And what about the chance to flash gsi with stock rom and your recovery boot and how to flash the other .img
file now?:silly::confused::good:?

Ahmadhmedan

Mar 28, 2015

I know it is a bit rude of me to ask out of this thread subject and i apologise for it.
But do you have any idea about custom roms for the note 10/10+?
It runs great but i mess some of the custom rom features of my old s7 edge and there seems to be not a single mention of rooting or roms anywhere on the internet but this thread,exynos devices got roms in the past and my 7 edge got at least 10 roms during its lifetime.

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
Guide:
  1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
  2. power off the device and boot in download mode with power + vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
  3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
  6. setup the phone without google account etc
  7. reboot in download mode and flash the magisk prepatched tar for your device with odin in the AP field (if you want to patch twrp byself download unpatched tar and select it in magisk manager. patched tar is in downloads folder after patch)
  8. hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
  9. format data in twrp
  10. flash the multidisabler zip by ian in twrp
  11. press reboot to recovery in twrp for boot rooted with magisk.

Tried this method. Followed the steps.
Could not get root for my apps.
Magick Manager says root not installed.
Where did I go wrong?

Reactions: badmuff

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191105-114024.jpg
    Screenshot_20191105-114024.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20191105-120645.jpg
    Screenshot_20191105-120645.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Ok, looks like you didn't boot correctly to enable magisk.
Power down then press and hold the bixby/power and vol+ , when screen lights up continue to hold vol+ but release the bixby/power button.
Keep holding vol+ through screen with bootloader message, and once it gets to screen with red letters go ahead and release.....
Magisk should be running root now

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
Ok, looks like you didn't boot correctly to enable magisk.
Power down then press and hold the bixby/power and vol+ , when screen lights up continue to hold vol+ but release the bixby/power button.
Keep holding vol+ through screen with bootloader message, and once it gets to screen with red letters go ahead and release.....
Magisk should be running root now

Key combo takes me into TWRP
Vol Up + Vol DN + usb cable insert takes me to bootloader lock/unlock screen

Last edited:

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
Hmm....should only be taking you to twrp if you continue to hold vol+ on the bootscreen with the red lettering.
Not sure whats going on....you sure you're letting go at right point

Yes, I am sure. But, I used the bootloader message fix to remove the red letter msgs.
Key combo takes me into TWRP. Once in TWRP, then what?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
    In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
    1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
    2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
    (Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
    3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
    (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
    4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: Note 10(Exynos variants - N970/971/975/976/N/F/B)
    Download

Sources:
    TWRP Tree and kernel source

Changelog:
    - Updated TWRP for Android 10.0
    - From now on no more Magisk Prepatched images (if you need it patch it byself or flash my kernel where patched recovery is not needed)

-Reverted MTP Changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked in system

- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked any more on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
    - Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)
    - Reverted FFS MTP changes since new way is more stable :)

- Fixed MTP using FFS_MTP in recovery (Thx to @bigbiff for add FFS MTP support on TWRP 3.3.0. FFS_MTP dont corrupts large files like the mtp used by samsung in the roms)
    - Removed File Based backups because the phone refuses to boot from filebased backups since they breaks the rootfs

-Initial Release

Bugs:
    -No one

Telegram Group
    https://t.me/twrp_n10

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] TWRP for Galaxy Note 10 (Exynos), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-08-27

Created 2019-08-27
    Last Updated 2019-12-15
    Guide:
    1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
    2. power off the device and boot in download mode with power + vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
    3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
    4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
    5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
    6. setup the phone without google account etc
    7. reboot in download mode and flash twrp tar for your device with odin in the AP field (if you want to patch twrp byself patch the downloaded tar in magisk manager. patched tar is in downloads folder after patch)
    8. hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
    9. format data in twrp
    10. flash the disabler that is on TWRP download link
    11. flash my kernel avaiable here
    12. press reboot to system in twrp.
    so multidisabler is updated to v2 and stock rom boots again normaly :) sammy added 2 more encryption in the n10 that needed to get disabled

Magisk Patched builds are now uploaded too for the one that dont wants to patch byself
    So twrp is updated for Android Q. there will be no more prepatched images since my kernel can now be used. if someone wants a patched recovery instead of kernel he can patch it byself with magisk manager.

N10 5G and N10+ 5G TWRP will get updated after sammy release Q tars
    so since i am not all the time here on xda here is a telegram group link. use it for report bugs etc since i dont read all the time the complete thread here https://t.me/twrp_n10