[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy Note 20/Note 20 Ultra

Search This thread

geiti94

Mar 18, 2009
Zürich
Team Win Recovery Project 3.4.0

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: Note 20/Note 20 Ultra(Exynos variants)
Download

Sources:
Kernel source
TWRP source
Device Tree: Sorry are not under GPL License since are my own so they will not get released :(

Changelog:

- V4 Release
- Twrp boots now without nulled Vbmeta.img

- V3 Release
- Fixed Optics and Prism Backup and Restore
- Brightness is now no more at max
- CPEFS error is gone
- Sec-EFS added in the FStab

- V2 Release that fixes Problems booting in TWRP (RKP was not disabled in kernel config)

-Initial Release

Discord server for support:
https://discord.gg/BCHTXSQ

Bugs:
-MTP and Encryption (ADB PUSH WORKS when you disable mtp in TWRP mount settings!)

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY] TWRP for Galaxy Note 20/Note 20 Ultra, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Contributors
geiti94
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2020-09-03

Created 2020-08-24
Last Updated 2020-10-18

geiti94

Mar 18, 2009
Zürich
Guide:
  1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
  2. power off the device and boot in download mode with vol up+ vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
  3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
  6. setup the phone without google account etc
  7. reboot in download mode and flash twrp tar for your device with odin in the AP field
  8. hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
  9. format data in twrp and disable encryption! (Encryption disabler is in download folder!)
  10. Flash Latest Magisk
  11. press reboot to system in twrp.

Last edited:
Guide:
  2. power off the device and boot in download mode with vol up+ vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
  7. reboot in download mode and flash twrp tar for your device with odin in the AP field
  9. format data in twrp and disable encryption! (Encryption disabler is in download folder!)
  10. Flash Latest Magisk

Is it compatible with super img. partitions? Does it mount /system, /data, etc?

Conan179

Apr 28, 2010
I could only wrong as recovery, in which I had created a tar that did not contain the vbmeta.
It doesn't start for me, German N986B, it gets stuck in the screen.

Reverender

Mar 17, 2009
Screenshot_20200826-092315.jpg

I didn't got the TWRP to Work so next thing i did was :
OEM Unlock
Unlock Bootloader
Factory Reset (because of unlock bootloader)
Setup Device and install Magisk Manager.
Download Stock FW
Extract Boot.img
Put Boot.img on to phone.
Patch boot.img with magisk manager.
extract output file name it boot.img.
Create TAR file of boot.img (boot.tar)
Flash TAR file with Odin AP slot.

Now Succesfully rooted

Last edited:

ca12bon

Mar 15, 2012
New Castle
OnePlus 8 Pro
Sigh... when we only got the Exynos variants here in Korea, TWRP was only released for Snapdragon. Now that Snapdragon is released in Korea, TWRP is only available for Exy XD
Still, job well done~

geiti94

Mar 18, 2009
Zürich
so twrp is fixed. thx to @dr.ketan for testing it since i dont got the n20 since is like a downgrade for me (i still love the 5000mah battery of my s20 ultra:eek:). i see next month if get it or not. was my fault that twrp dont booted because on n20 kernel config i forgot to disable rkp :eek:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.4.0

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
    In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
    1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
    2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
    (Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
    3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
    (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
    4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: Note 20/Note 20 Ultra(Exynos variants)
    Download

Sources:
    Kernel source
    TWRP source
    Device Tree: Sorry are not under GPL License since are my own so they will not get released :(

Changelog:

- V4 Release
    - Twrp boots now without nulled Vbmeta.img

- V3 Release
    - Fixed Optics and Prism Backup and Restore
    - Brightness is now no more at max
    - CPEFS error is gone
    - Sec-EFS added in the FStab

- V2 Release that fixes Problems booting in TWRP (RKP was not disabled in kernel config)

-Initial Release

Discord server for support:
    https://discord.gg/BCHTXSQ

Bugs:
    -MTP and Encryption (ADB PUSH WORKS when you disable mtp in TWRP mount settings!)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] TWRP for Galaxy Note 20/Note 20 Ultra, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-09-03

Created 2020-08-24
    Last Updated 2020-10-18
    Guide:
    10. Flash Latest Magisk
    Kudos to you!
    Will test tomorrow when get my device. Fun begins!
    so twrp is fixed. thx to @dr.ketan for testing it since i dont got the n20 since is like a downgrade for me (i still love the 5000mah battery of my s20 ultra:eek:). i see next month if get it or not. was my fault that twrp dont booted because on n20 kernel config i forgot to disable rkp :eek: