[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy Note 20/Note 20 Ultra

Search This thread

mikeymc

Feb 21, 2008
just want to clarify that the current V4 isn't working for Android 11? after the bootloader unlock, flashing the current V4 results in a bootloop. my N986B/DS has N986BXXU1DUC8

Reactions: manhnct

mikeymc

Feb 21, 2008
If you find any way to solve this, please share with me. I am also stucking at bootloop. :|
Thanks in advance
just had to reflash the stock firmware to start from scratch again. root the device with Magisk, move the AP file back on the device and patch it using Magisk, then flash the device with the patched AP file. after that, I used Dr. Ketan's recovery on his website.

manhnct

May 18, 2014
just had to reflash the stock firmware to start from scratch again. root the device with Magisk, move the AP file back on the device and patch it using Magisk, then flash the device with the patched AP file. after that, I used Dr. Ketan's recovery on his website.
Thank you for your suggestion
I am going to check it out now

Serpentinefire76

Oct 9, 2008
Nassau
Flashing TWRP V4 on Odin is a pass but the device does not go to recovery mode [this feature has now become non functional]. This on N985F

Update: To boot to TWRP: Device must be powered off. USB cable must be connected to PC.
Connect the USB cable to device, hold power button + volume up

Last edited:

zakgj01

Feb 6, 2013
Is the link for downloading the TWRP working ?
I get this message:

Unable to download file(s).
Thanks for the help

I got the same problem and still not working with me

Reactions: sheebee
When i flashed dr.ketan twrp and i go to twrp and wipe data and say yes and patch it then try to install custom rom R5 and restart i just get stuck in a bootloop even when i try to get to recovery mode with twrp my screen just keep going pn and off on twrp and nothing works for me please help on my note 20 ultra N986B

Calamityx1

Jun 6, 2013
format data in twrp and disable encryption! (Encryption disabler is in download folder!)

Hello, to preface, I don't yet have my Note 20 ultra, but it's coming in.

For clarification, does this mean the "download" folder for the flash drive of the phone? I'm assuming so.

If so, will the formatting not affect the files, including the download folder? I think at least one person ITT reported back saying they were not able to access their decryption file due to the formatting.

Serpentinefire76

Oct 9, 2008
Nassau
Hello, to preface, I don't yet have my Note 20 ultra, but it's coming in.

For clarification, does this mean the "download" folder for the flash drive of the phone? I'm assuming so.

If so, will the formatting not affect the files, including the download folder? I think at least one person ITT reported back saying they were not able to access their decryption file due to the formatting.
Multidisabler file should be in your external SD

Calamityx1

Jun 6, 2013
So I got twrp installed--3.5.2. Everything is running smoothly--up until I need to restore a back up. I get this message:

"cannot restore System -- mounted read only."

I've googled up and down on how to resolve this issue, and almost all of them recommend unticking the read only option in "Mount". That problem is: that option ISN'T there for me.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.4.0

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
    In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
    1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
    2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
    (Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
    3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
    (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
    4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: Note 20/Note 20 Ultra(Exynos variants)
    Download

Sources:
    Kernel source
    TWRP source
    Device Tree: Sorry are not under GPL License since are my own so they will not get released :(

Changelog:

- V4 Release
    - Twrp boots now without nulled Vbmeta.img

- V3 Release
    - Fixed Optics and Prism Backup and Restore
    - Brightness is now no more at max
    - CPEFS error is gone
    - Sec-EFS added in the FStab

- V2 Release that fixes Problems booting in TWRP (RKP was not disabled in kernel config)

-Initial Release

Discord server for support:
    https://discord.gg/BCHTXSQ

Bugs:
    -MTP and Encryption (ADB PUSH WORKS when you disable mtp in TWRP mount settings!)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] TWRP for Galaxy Note 20/Note 20 Ultra, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-09-03

Created 2020-08-24
    Last Updated 2020-10-18
    Guide:
    1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
    2. power off the device and boot in download mode with vol up+ vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
    3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
    4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
    5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
    6. setup the phone without google account etc
    7. reboot in download mode and flash twrp tar for your device with odin in the AP field
    8. hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
    9. format data in twrp and disable encryption! (Encryption disabler is in download folder!)
    10. Flash Latest Magisk
    11. press reboot to system in twrp.
    Kudos to you!
    Will test tomorrow when get my device. Fun begins!
    so twrp is fixed. thx to @dr.ketan for testing it since i dont got the n20 since is like a downgrade for me (i still love the 5000mah battery of my s20 ultra:eek:). i see next month if get it or not. was my fault that twrp dont booted because on n20 kernel config i forgot to disable rkp :eek: