Thanks for posting this! I'll more than likely be using your page once I finally get my bootloader unlocked from Sampwnd. The fact that US model bootloader unlocks need to be done with internal Samsung tools is pretty dang goofy...
It always costs about 1/5 to 1/6 of the phone's starting price and it isn't a set of tools - it is someone who has access to said tools who will remote into your computer and will use their set of internal Samsung tools to unlock the bootloader.
In all honesty, it isn't worth it due to you no longer being able to update your phone fully without relocking the bootloader =(. This is why I am staying away from Samsung phones from now on. Their products are good, however, their apps are all loaded with ads and you cannot easily customize the phone to remove said ads as there is no way to effectively unlock the bootloader and therefore root your phone =/.
As you would expect, the phone world is in a crummy state as it seemingly always is for the most part, haha. Samsung has software restrictions (but great hardware - some of which enforces these restrictions); Google has hardware performance issues due to a financial issue from a goofy lawsuit (but they have great looking software layouts and OS interfaces AND they allow you to unlock the bootloader); and Apple is just....well....Apple (we presumably all know their phone problems if we are here on XDA, haha).
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader.
2. Download Note 20 Ultra: c2q.
3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
6. Disable encryption:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.
7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
8. Reboot to recovery.
9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.
To disable encryption manually:
You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak