[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos)

Search This thread

bober10113

Mar 12, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: akanesaki31

akanesaki31

Feb 14, 2016
that was your mistake.

please read carefully dr.ketans guide on using method 01:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/how-to/root-note-9-n960f-fd-experimental-t3832143

do NOT skip any of the steps.

when flashing his root oem fix, in aroma setup choose patch oem fix and magisk root.( say yes to all)

i have the same phone as you and it works if you follow everything.

Sorry I mis-read the question. It only success on flashing Stock firmware and boots. After that, I can't flash TWRP

bober10113

Mar 12, 2017
ok then since the initial problem you will have to wait a few days till state is checking instead of prenomal. but i was able to get it to switch to "checking" withing 1 or 2 hours.

try to disable oem unlock and wait a few hours. also go check software update menu again after the reset. ( disabling oem unlock will reset device) maybe also remove sim before disabling oem unlock. also try to login samsung and Google account while waiting. something will trigger the prenormal state back to checking. i just dont know what. but as i said its possible to make it change within a few hours.

also the very 1st attempt to flash twrp you made a while ago, what did you do? did it flash but then it gave you the red binaries error on 1st reboot? something must have happened for this prenomal status to appear....

Last edited:

akanesaki31

Feb 14, 2016
ok then since the initial problem you will have to wait a few days till state is checking instead of prenomal. but i was able to get it to switch to "checking" withing 1 or 2 hours.

try to disable oem unlock and wait a few hours. also go check software update menu again after the reset. ( disabling oem unlock will reset device) maybe also remove sim before disabling oem unlock.

also the very 1st attempt to flash twrp you made a while ago, what did you do? did it flash but then it gave you the red binaries error on 1st reboot? something must have happened for this prenomal status to appear....

The phone vendor screwed up my phone and it got the prenormal state. I don't know this is a time-based check.
I disabled the oem unlock. I will update when something changes.

bober10113

Mar 12, 2017
The phone vendor screwed up my phone and it got the prenormal state. I don't know this is a time-based check.
I disabled the oem unlock. I will update when something changes.
i know this this link is not 100% exactly like your issue( you at least have oemunlock) but it does cover prenormal status:
https://www.the***********.com/prenormal-rmm-state-on-samsung-galaxy-guide/

edit: xda is being racist on urls, this should work:

https://bit.ly/2KQyCSC

maybe if you follow the steps it can work.

Last edited:

akanesaki31

Feb 14, 2016

jult

Apr 22, 2011
Amsterdam, NL, EU
jult.net
yes exactly.
but something happened to make it prenormal...
Same here. It got locked again AND OEM unlock disappeared from Dev options!
Only trick that worked for me was to date back the device (I picked 2 weeks back in time), disconnect wifi/sim, reboot into recovery, factory reset or install a new rom zip and wipe through that,
then after the aroma setup etc. is done power off, put sim back in, wifi on and auto update time online etc.
OEM option came back in dev options.
You have to trick it into having installed it earlier. Don't ask me why, but it works.

Reactions: Jwatt5225

namfat

Feb 10, 2007
VietNam
tpb.vn
Sang đây mò xem có cài dc ko bạn ạ. Hi

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Mà sợ coa bản twrp upded mới nếu cài dc thì rom coock sợ ko cài dc vì thấy rom coock ae làm toàn trên nên level 1+2. Hix
You dont understand about rom cook. Rom cook dont touch BL & BB. Just PDA & CSC. So your broblem is twrp. If you can flash twrp then it fine. As I recommend from our site. Try to downgrade to lower base first.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: hainguyenthao

turbomann

Apr 20, 2014
Hi, I flashed twrp upgrade and now i lost access to /data and internal storage... I read that solution is based on format data after installation of twrp.

The problem is: I have twrp backup in internal storage. I have media with backup in internal storage.

Any idea to access this files before format data? maybe from ADB?

Thanks

user109

Apr 29, 2010
Hi all, when I installed the TWRP on my Note 9, I use it to backup regularly until last month. It prompted error unable to continue the backup. I tried reboot a few times but invalid to backup. I doubt the new installed apps will cause the TWRP stopps. I did install some apps last month. I could not think why the TWRP suddenly stops working.. Any idea?

Tops1

Nov 17, 2015
Melbourne
Hi need help urgent please
i flashed twrp 3.2.3-0 through fox recovery
and now i cant boot at all not even into download mode
all it says is
could not do normal boot. invalid KERNEL LENGTH!
thanks so much for any help

All good now had to plug into pc got into download mode and flashed recovery using oden

Attachments

• Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

manne49

May 12, 2015
There are too many problems with twrp and the note 9,I own my N9 now about a year and it's the first note ever I dont change the recovery ti get root and/or get customroms.Maby after the update to Android 10 I will try it.Why is there no official TWRP?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N960F mit Tapatalk

bober10113

Mar 12, 2017
There are too many problems with twrp and the note 9,I own my N9 now about a year and it's the first note ever I dont change the recovery ti get root and/or get customroms.Maby after the update to Android 10 I will try it.Why is there no official TWRP?

this twrp( 3.2.3-0) has no problems really.( encryption maybe..)

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor

It's now more than a year now on this TWRP and I have zero issue with it on my N9, even on android 10. Who cares title shows official or unofficial.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.2.3-0

https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fhome.png
    https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fbackupname.png

Exynos ONLY.
    In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
    1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
    2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
    (Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
    3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
    (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
    4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: Crownlte (Exynos variants - N960F/FD/X/N)
    DOWNLOAD TWRP FOR CROWNLTE

Sources:
    TWRP Tree
    Kernel Source

Changelog:
    Check #2.

Guide:
    Check #3.

Bugs:
    -nothing

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY]TWRP for Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-08-25

Created 2018-08-25
    Last Updated 2018-08-25
    HOW-TO FLASH TWRP:
    1. In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
    2. Go to Settings -> Developer options and enable OEM Unlock option.
    3. Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phones Drivers.
    - Option 1: Download and Install Smart Switch for PC.
    - Option 2: Download and Install standalone driver package.
    4. Download and extract Odin (Samsung's Flash Tool) to your computer.
    5. Download a .tar image of TWRP.
    6. Reboot your device to download mode.
    - Shutdown your Note 9
    - Hold [VOLUME DOWN] + [BIXBY] and connect usb cable (make sure usb is connected to the pc!)
    - Read the warning carefully.
    - If you agree, press [VOLUME UP] to get into Download mode. If you don't agree, STOP.
    7. Open Odin and place that TWRP tar file in the [AP] slot.
    8. Hold [VOLUME UP] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] on your phone and then press start on Odin.
    9. Wait for the phone to reboot. DO NOT release [VOLUME UP] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] or you may not reboot into TWRP.
    here's a build of 3.3.0
    it boots and backup has been tested, it should work fine.

Edit: deleted as somehow there's issues and I haven't had time to look at it
    AUG. 25:
    Initial Release
    Hi guys!

I have successfully worked on build the twrp 3.3.0-0 (first time I do that) for our note 9.
    After few days of use all seems ok!
    But I need more feedback to be sure. So it's up to you!

I optimized some features :
    - Removed unused and space hungry System Image backup option
    - Vendor is no more backed up as disk image, save more space in back up
    - Tried to get better read/write external sdcard speeds, seems to match my sdcard specs now (I especially need your tests about that)
    - Probably improve MTP compatibility (USB connection), closer to aosp, it fixed some MTP issues I had with previous TWRP on Ubuntu

I will probably open a new thread and perhaps inquire to integer my build tree in official twrp.
    At the moment, as I said, more feedbacks are needed.

Download link : twrp-3.3.0-0-crownlte-beta1.tar