[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10 Lite (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

Tony522

Feb 20, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
after a long day, i installed the twrp on my s10 lite. During the procedure i encountered many errors, so ill'leave just some advices (sorry for possible bad english)

. first, i recommend to have usb drivers installed and the 3.14.4 version of odin.
During the flashing of vbmeta_disabled if you have an error saying "only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed" then try to make sure to have debug usb enabled, and also a wifi connection. (if you come from a fresh installed stock firmware as me, maybe you will need to control about those two things).

if you have problems whit the showing up of twrp, and even after flashing it, the phone boots to stock recovery instead of twrp , you need to reflash the twrp, unticking the "autoreboot" option. At this point hold power + volume down key for 7-8 seconds for restart and as long as the screen turns back (you'll need to be fast), hold the power key + volume up until twrp is not showing up. if twrp is not showing up idk what to do, at least it worked for me.

EDIT: i forgot to say that during the key combo for recovery mode you need to have plugged a usb wire (like the pc connected one or some sort of wired earphones) otherwise device will boot into system.

hope those little thing can help someone struggling to install twrp.

Last edited:

Techguy777

after a long day, i installed the twrp on my s10 lite. During the procedure i encountered many errors, so ill'leave just some advices (sorry for possible bad english)

. first, i recommend to have usb drivers installed and the 3.14.4 version of odin.
During the flashing of vbmeta_disabled if you have an error saying "only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed" then try to make sure to have debug usb enabled, and also a wifi connection. (if you come from a fresh installed stock firmware as me, maybe you will need to control about those two things).

if you have problems whit the showing up of twrp, and even after flashing it, the phone boots to stock recovery instead of twrp , you need to reflash the twrp, unticking the "autoreboot" option. At this point hold power + volume down key for 7-8 seconds for restart and as long as the screen turns back (you'll need to be fast), hold the power key + volume up until twrp is not showing up. if twrp is not showing up idk what to do, at least it worked for me.

EDIT: i forgot to say that during the key combo for recovery mode you need to have plugged a usb wire (like the pc connected one or some sort of wired earphones) otherwise device will boot into system.

We all already knew all that

Reactions: Tony522

Techguy777

We all already knew all that
I'm confused were you being serious about it would restore if I swiped? What did you remove the restores for on purpose anyway? I really would love to be able to restore my device. Last night I updated to beta magisk v24.2 and it went bootloop crazy. I tried reinstalling v24 and overwriting and it still wouldn't stop bootlooping. I than uninstalled root altogether and it still keep bootlooping I had to flash stock and start over. Which take hours because you have to format internal 3 times. Flash stock, flash vbmeta file and format, and flash twrp Samsung disabler format again. So I would love my restore is it possible?

Techguy777

Ok will fix it in next build, if you refer to system, vendor, product and odm restore only I removed it on purpose.
What other restore is there? Data isn't showing either will it restore data if I swipe? Is hard and time consuming as it is to restore I don't want to swipe to have it screw something up just to see what happens even though my guess would be nothing

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
What other restore is there? Data isn't showing either will it restore data if I swipe? Is hard and time consuming as it is to restore I don't want to swipe to have it screw something up just to see what happens even though my guess would be nothing
I didn't remove the restore option, its just need extra step now to show

lvlvbaoshi

Nov 29, 2021
Hello, the file management in TWRP cannot do anything to system. Error 1 is displayed.

Screenshot_2022-03-28-00-24-03.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mezacorleehone

lvlvbaoshi

Nov 29, 2021
Is there something wrong with me? Add system file card logo does not boot, enter TWRP to delete file prompt error 1

Hello, the file management in TWRP cannot do anything to system. Error 1 is displayed.

View attachment 5572709
hello colleague
I agree with you, I want to delete system applications and it gives me the same error.

with my s9 everything was normal.

I want to delete
game optimization services

and other apps that are installed without being able to remove...

hello colleague
I agree with you, I want to delete system applications and it gives me the same error.

with my s9 everything was normal.

I want to delete
game optimization services

and other apps that are installed without being able to remove...
I was able to do it with a file manager with root access, (root explorer)

I did not try it because in my s9 it entered the bootlogo when trying to delete apps with the system on.

but with the s10 lite, I was able to do it normally.

Techguy777

Have you guys updated to one ui 4.1 yet? If you have and you have room access. I was wondering if you could check the selinux and see if it will switch to permissive. It does on one ui 4.0 and I want to see if it does on 4 .1 so I can update.

In terminal like termux type su and hit enter give it root permission.

Type setenforce 0 hit enter
Type getenforce to see if it's enforcing or permissive.

You can also use this selinux switch app.

I would really appreciate it only takes 1 minute And you can switch right back to enforcing for security

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy S10 Lite G770U, G770W and G770F only.

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
    here

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download S10 Lite: r5q.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    Or:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Support:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram group

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    Flávio and Vaughnn for testing
    ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    New builds changelog:
    01.01.2021 - Update TWRP to 3.5.0, Fix fastbootd, Builds for Q and R.
    Bro
    Can u help me
    By say the version of odin u using to back to android 10
    iam on MID firmware
    My phone s10lite
    Thanks

Use patched odin

Maybe I dont see it. What partitions are needed to restore twrp backup? Probably no one will answer

The main partitions like boot, super, data will get you a working rom.
    Changelog:
    29.11.2021 - Update to TWRP 3.6.0
    - Add Symlinked dynamic partitions to fstab
    - Update multidisabler
    - fstab clean up
    03.03.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source
    - Add terminal multidisabler script
    - fstab cleanup.
    01.01.2021 - Update TWRP to 3.5.0
    - Fix fastbootd
    - Builds for Q and R.
    21.11.2020 - Initial Release.

Screenshot_2022-03-28-00-24-03.png