[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10+ Magisk Prepatched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

geiti94

Mar 18, 2009
Zürich
So since someone thinked to take my tree and submit it for get official mantainer as first i will delete everything from my git and as second i will now say what i will no more release because of that guy!!

Since that guy thinked to submit my device tree and get official mantainer of twrp he can now archive byself encryption, ota support etc that i have done since 2 days. Because of his move i will now delete that unreleased tree and the most important thing i will not release the enginering bootloaders that allows to root the s10 s10+ and s10e like all other phones without boot from recovery partition. Who that guy is look on twrp site and you see that. And for all other that waits for the script for boot directly rooted i will not release it too. After that say thx to that guy for stop the only thing that was here for use the s10 rooted normaly.

Now a moderator can close the thread

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10+ Magisk Prepatched, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S10+

Contributors
geiti94
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-04-08

Created 2019-04-08
Last Updated 2019-04-30

geiti94

Mar 18, 2009
Zürich
Installation Guide

Installation Guide
  1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
  2. power off the device and boot in download mode
  3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet orhe triggers rmm prenormal
  6. setup the phone without google account etc
  7. reboot the phone in recovery mode and do a factory reset
  8. reboot in download mode and flash the tar with prepatched magisk
  9. hold vol up+ bixby+power until you are twrp. (on a50 only vol up+power)
  10. flash the encryption disable zip (you find it in the download folder too. note he needs to get flashed every time you reflash a vendor partition) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT ON EXTERNAL SD CARD SINCE I CANT ADD MTP SUPPORT TO TWRP OR MTP WILL BE BROKEN WHEN SYSTEM IS BOOTED
  11. press reboot to recovery in twrp for boot rooted with magisk.

NOTE: for boot then all other times rooted press vol up+bixby+power button (on a50 only vol up+power) until you see s10/a50 logo and release it. soon i will release a script that let the phone boot byself in recovery mode so the button combination is not needed

Last edited:

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
this may sound like a dumb question, but the instructions say to turn on OEM, turn off phone and then boot into download mode. Does this actually mean to boot into stock recovery? If not, how do you boot into download mode when the phone is turned off?

Volume down + Bixby and connect USB cable attached to PC

Volume down + Bixby and connect USB cable attached to PC
Ok, so I followed instructions to a T - flashed the modified Twrp (I had turned off auto reboot) so after it had flashed, per instructions, I held Bixby, Power and Volume up for over 20 seconds and nothing happened.

On previous phones, I always had to hold vol down, bixby power and when the screen went black switch to vol up - but when I attempted this - phone booted to bootloader warner and then just continued to boot loop.

Do I need to start over by flashing stock or can I return to download mode and attempt to boot into recovery again?

s4lah

Sep 24, 2010
Ok, so I followed instructions to a T - flashed the modified Twrp (I had turned off auto reboot) so after it had flashed, per instructions, I held Bixby, Power and Volume up for over 20 seconds and nothing happened.

On previous phones, I always had to hold vol down, bixby power and when the screen went black switch to vol up - but when I attempted this - phone booted to bootloader warner and then just continued to boot loop.

Do I need to start over by flashing stock or can I return to download mode and attempt to boot into recovery again?

In the exact same boat mate but on S10... boot loop

Last edited:
In the exact same boat mate but on S10... boot loop

For the life of me, I cannot boot into recovery mode after flashing the Twrp File. I flashed stock and then redid all of the steps, but after flashing the modified Twrp, three finger boot (Vol Up, Power, Bixby) ) do not go to recovery. Nothing happens at all. I pressed all three at the same time - held for over 60 seconds and nothing happens.

So, how am I supposed to get into recovery after flashing TWRP?

nobrain3000

Sep 21, 2010
did you try this combo?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190408-042134.jpg
    Screenshot_20190408-042134.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1,428
Last edited:

nobrain3000

Sep 21, 2010
i mean the combination from the description and powered off the device ..

i mean the combination from the description and powered off the device ..

Unless I am blind, I can't see a description in the message you posted. It does not give the combo which Is why I asked you ? Also - how do you turn off the device in Download Mode? I have tried several different ways and none worked. I held power for 20 seconds and it would not turn off while I was in download mode.... Do you know another way ?

nobrain3000

Sep 21, 2010
Power off your device and then vol up bixby and power key combination. I hope this helps..

Power off your device and then vol up bixby and power key combination. I hope this helps..

I am sure I sound like a noob - but I honestly am not able to turn off phone when it is download mode.
How do you power off the device when it is download mode? Have you tried doing that? I have - and It won't turn off - at least I can't seem to figure out how to do it? If you have done it, tell me how you did it please....

has anyone been able to flash twrp and go thru all of the steps? I must be doing something wrong if others are able to do it and I feel really stupid - but for some reason, I just can't get into recovery from Download Mode. (can't turn off phone from Download mode) any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

stszf9124

Jan 26, 2012
Beijing
my S10+ got bootloop and won't boot twrp even though a factory reset is done before flash, btw my S10+ is G975F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So since someone thinked to take my tree and submit it for get official mantainer as first i will delete everything from my git and as second i will now say what i will no more release because of that guy!!

Since that guy thinked to submit my device tree and get official mantainer of twrp he can now archive byself encryption, ota support etc that i have done since 2 days. Because of his move i will now delete that unreleased tree and the most important thing i will not release the enginering bootloaders that allows to root the s10 s10+ and s10e like all other phones without boot from recovery partition. Who that guy is look on twrp site and you see that. And for all other that waits for the script for boot directly rooted i will not release it too. After that say thx to that guy for stop the only thing that was here for use the s10 rooted normaly.

Now a moderator can close the thread

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10+ Magisk Prepatched, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S10+

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-04-08

Created 2019-04-08
    Last Updated 2019-04-30
    Installation Guide

Installation Guide
    1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
    2. power off the device and boot in download mode
    3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
    4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
    5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet orhe triggers rmm prenormal
    6. setup the phone without google account etc
    7. reboot the phone in recovery mode and do a factory reset
    8. reboot in download mode and flash the tar with prepatched magisk
    9. hold vol up+ bixby+power until you are twrp. (on a50 only vol up+power)
    10. flash the encryption disable zip (you find it in the download folder too. note he needs to get flashed every time you reflash a vendor partition) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT ON EXTERNAL SD CARD SINCE I CANT ADD MTP SUPPORT TO TWRP OR MTP WILL BE BROKEN WHEN SYSTEM IS BOOTED
    11. press reboot to recovery in twrp for boot rooted with magisk.

NOTE: for boot then all other times rooted press vol up+bixby+power button (on a50 only vol up+power) until you see s10/a50 logo and release it. soon i will release a script that let the phone boot byself in recovery mode so the button combination is not needed
    No! It's been said over and over in every. Single. Thread this is talked about

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No need to get crappy my friend. Just asking a question. Maybe it should get added to the op in BOLD letters.
    lol someone is upset. it's called open source bro. maybe you should've put a stamp on the code.

you wanna punish the entire community because of one person?

you're fragile.
    I think it's fair to say this debacle was caused by a lack of communication, rather than someone trying to take credit for other's work. The whole community was given a TWRP that was broken, discussion about the things broken were discussed in this very thread without any word from the OP.

No disrespect to OP, but someone needed to steer the ship when you were unresponsive at the wheel...

Perhaps communication could resolve this issue, as the lack of it is what caused problems in the first place. I truly appreciate the work of all the devs on XDA. Best wishes!

Cheers ~