[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10 (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
home.png
backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
Galaxy S10 G9730, G973U, G973U1 and G973W.

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
here

Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader.
2. Download S10: beyond1qlte.
3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
6. Disable encryption:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
8. Reboot to recovery.
9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
To disable encryption manually:
You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Bugs:
- Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
@Mentalmuso for base device tree
@ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
Kernel tree
Device tree

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tombbb

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Changelog:
30.11.2021 - Update to TWRP 3.6.0
- Update multidisabler
10.03.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source
- Add terminal multidisabler script
- fstab cleanup.
16.02.2021 - Initial R build for Android 11
31.12.2020 - Update TWRP to 3.5.0
14.11.2020 - Initial Release

Last edited:

illspiritX

Jun 26, 2010
Note: download link is down, will make new build tomorrow then will fix the link. Please do not share older builds.

Edit: new builds are up, US devices are not supported anymore, only devices already unlocked before 9 November are.

Any chance US model support coming? Any insight why it's so much harder? I don't know anything about it

fabiokino

Feb 14, 2010
Thank you very much @afaneh92, I followed the procedure and was able to install TWRP and magisk, and everything is working fine.
The only thing that I'm not able to do is to re-encrypt the phone at the end. The encription procedure starts, but then it is stuck for hours on the "encrypting..." screen and nothing happens. I tried to temporarily remove magisk and also to restore the recovery partition, but nothing seems to work. Do you know if there is any workaround?

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Thank you very much @afaneh92, I followed the procedure and was able to install TWRP and magisk, and everything is working fine.
The only thing that I'm not able to do is to re-encrypt the phone at the end. The encription procedure starts, but then it is stuck for hours on the "encrypting..." screen and nothing happens. I tried to temporarily remove magisk and also to restore the recovery partition, but nothing seems to work. Do you know if there is any workaround?
To encrypted the the data partition again need to do factory reset from stock recovery.

Reactions: fabiokino

fabiokino

Feb 14, 2010
To encrypted the the data partition again need to do factory reset from stock recovery.
Thank you for the answer. My idea was to make a TWRP image once I completely personalized the system and then encrypt the device, but I understand that it's not possible...

So the alternative solution is to find a way yo make an image of the encrypted device after the personalization...
Is there a way to make an image of the encrypted data partition apart from using dd? Since it is encrypted with fbe I was wondering if there's a method which doesn't require to save the whole partition but only the actual (encrypted) files.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy S10 G9730, G973U, G973U1 and G973W.

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
    here

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download S10: beyond1qlte.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @Mentalmuso for base device tree
    @ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    wow we can unlock Bootloader and install Custom recovery on the US Galaxy S10 now, great!
    I'm stuck on the update failed screen and can't boot or shutdown after ticking the first three partition boxes instead of just ap. What do I do
    Idk what you are doing, are you following my instructions or something else not related to twrp?