[CLOSED][RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10e (Snapdragon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ff-racer

Dec 17, 2012
I recently unlocked my bootloader on S10e G9700 Snapdragon and installed [SM_G970U/U1/W_Snapdragon] by jrkruse and your 3.5.0_9-1_afaneh92-Q recovery.
Started debloating and have boinked the rom a few times in the process and had to use the restore.
I have noticed on using the TWRP restore that some things do not get restored (or not backed up correctly in the first place)
The things are: Call Logs, Text Messages, Ringtones connected to apps (The ringtones are there, just not connected to app).
I had used Flashfire on my previous phone and ran into bugs like this also.
Any Clues why?

ScottHW

Sep 23, 2010

@afaneh92 and/or others

Is it possible to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP, root via Magisk, and then still maintain encryption for the phone?

I assume that TWRP would no longer be able to access or write to /data

But if I'm already rooted, then I might be willing to sacrifice almost all future TWRP features to keep my phone encrypted.

Last edited:

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012

@afaneh92 and/or others

Is it possible to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP, root via Magisk, and then still maintain encryption for the phone?

I assume that TWRP would no longer be able to access or write to /data

But if I'm already rooted, then I might be willing to sacrifice almost all future TWRP features to keep my phone encrypted.
Yes you can keep encryption but you cant access data.

dallas87

Jan 20, 2021
is it there a youtube video that describes how to do this?
I'm somehow new to android and don't understand exactly the steps for this.
My final result I want to be having Lineageos installed on my phone [S10E]

thanks

djmcfar

Nov 14, 2020
home.png
backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
Galaxy S10e G9700, G970U, G970U1 and G970W.

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
here

Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader.
2. Disable AVB, S20 guide for reference here
3. Download S10e: beyond0qlte.
4. Reboot to download mode
5. Put the TWRP TAR for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
6. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
7. Disable encryption:
Or:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
8. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
9. Reboot to recovery.
10. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
11. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:

Support:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram group

Bugs:
- Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
@Mentalmuso for base device tree
@jesec for unlock guide
@ianmacd for multidisabler
@klabit87 for testing on S10e G970U

Sources:
Kernel tree
Device tree
@afaneh92 - I haven't been able to find an AVB disabler tar - could you help with that ? Thanks.

djmcfar

Nov 14, 2020
home.png
backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:

Supported Models:

here

Download & Guide:
2. Disable AVB, S20 guide for reference here
3. Download S10e: beyond0qlte.
4. Reboot to download mode
5. Put the TWRP TAR for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
6. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
7. Disable encryption:
Or:
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
8. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
9. Reboot to recovery.
10. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
11. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:

Support:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram group

Bugs:

TWRP team
@jesec for unlock guide

Sources:
Kernel tree
Device tree
@afaneh92 - on step 6, it doesn't bring up TWRP, instead I get the screen shown below. The TWRP version that I burned into AP with Odin successfully on the s10e snapdragon was twrp-3.5.2_9-1_afaneh92-R-beyond0qlte.tar (the latest version from your link above - April 2021). I used "adb reboot recovery" to go to recovery, as I couldn't get the recovery key combinations on the powered down Android 10 s10e to go to recovery mode. I was expecting to see the TWRP screen. Am I doing something wrong ?

There are other recoveries available for the s10e snap. Should I try one of them instead ? I'm looking to install one of the A11 custom s10e snap images that are available here on XDA and need a recovery to do it. Since I'm familiar with TWRP I was hoping to use that one for this, but it's not necessary.

IMG_20210622_232813222.jpg

Reactions: tombbb

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
@afaneh92 - on step 6, it doesn't bring up TWRP, instead I get the screen shown below. The TWRP version that I burned into AP with Odin successfully on the s10e snapdragon was twrp-3.5.2_9-1_afaneh92-R-beyond0qlte.tar (the latest version from your link above - April 2021). I used "adb reboot recovery" to go to recovery, as I couldn't get the recovery key combinations on the powered down Android 10 s10e to go to recovery mode. I was expecting to see the TWRP screen. Am I doing something wrong ?

There are other recoveries available for the s10e snap. Should I try one of them instead ? I'm looking to install one of the A11 custom s10e snap images that are available here on XDA and need a recovery to do it. Since I'm familiar with TWRP I was hoping to use that one for this, but it's not necessary.

View attachment 5345481
You need to be quick, once device reboot and screen goes black press vol up, bixby and power

Reactions: tombbb

djmcfar

Nov 14, 2020
@afaneh92 Your key combination instructions worked, but the same recovery screen came up, so I went to the TWRP website and got the most recent snapdragon version and burned that, and tried again (using the key combination), but the same recovery screen came up as shown above. I've included the log tab screen cut from Odin in case you might see something in there. Thanks.

Odin.PNG

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
@afaneh92 Your key combination instructions worked, but the same recovery screen came up, so I went to the TWRP website and got the most recent snapdragon version and burned that, and tried again (using the key combination), but the same recovery screen came up as shown above. I've included the log tab screen cut from Odin in case you might see something in there. Thanks.

View attachment 5345997
you need to be quick

djmcfar

Nov 14, 2020
@afaneh92 I think that you misunderstood me - your key combo method works for me to bring up recovery ! Thing is, it's not TWRP :( I know how to boot TWRP image on other device that have fastboot support, but the S10e doesn't have it. Do you know of any way to run the TWRP image other than burning with Odin ? I suspect that other recoveries will have the same problem running with my device. Sadly, It's possible that I might not be able to do anything with this bootloader unlocked S10e snapdragon phone.

I did notice a message at the bottom of the recovery screen which might show a possible configuration error on my device.

#Reboot Cause is [init:1 ]#
E:[libfs_mgr] Unable to disable quotas on /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata because /system/bin/tune2fs is missing
Supported API: 3

#MANUAL MODE v1.0.0#

Last edited:

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
@afaneh92 I think that you misunderstood me - your key combo method works for me to bring up recovery ! Thing is, it's not TWRP :( I know how to boot TWRP image on other device that have fastboot support, but the S10e doesn't have it. Do you know of any way to run the TWRP image other than burning with Odin ? I suspect that other recoveries will have the same problem running with my device. Sadly, It's possible that I might not be able to do anything with this bootloader unlocked S10e snapdragon phone.

I did notice a message at the bottom of the recovery screen which might show a possible configuration error on my device.

#Reboot Cause is [init:1 ]#
E:[libfs_mgr] Unable to disable quotas on /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata because /system/bin/tune2fs is missing
Supported API: 3

#MANUAL MODE v1.0.0#
You need to be quick, use my recovery if you are on android 10 or later.
If you dont know what "you need to be quick " and you are late to boot into twrp after device reboot then you cant boot twrp.
Dont spam the thread. Find someone faster than you to press the keys.

djmcfar

Nov 14, 2020
@afaneh92 Turns out there was more to it than just being quick. I got the correct procedure from the mods on the unlocked snapdragon channel on telegram and it worked like a charm. Sorry for bothering you, I should have gone there to begin with - my bad.

Reactions: tombbb and afaneh92

zpk787

Oct 16, 2017
Do I need to patch the recovery image in magisk to get root? I don't get the part about flashing magisk apk in recovery, twrp doesn't open apk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Code:

Supported Models:

here

Download & Guide:
    2. Download S10e: beyond0qlte.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Bugs:

TWRP team

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Hello, what is the difference to the TWRP Version from twrp.me?
    Thanks
    Official build based on android 9, my twrp support up to android 12 with many fixes
    Thank you so much @afaneh92 for fixing the link to the device tree!😀

Was trying to compile a customized version of TWRP for SM-G9700 & SM-G9708 and this definitely has helped immensely!
    @afaneh92 Turns out there was more to it than just being quick. I got the correct procedure from the mods on the unlocked snapdragon channel on telegram and it worked like a charm. Sorry for bothering you, I should have gone there to begin with - my bad.
    Changelog:
    30.11.2021 - Update to TWRP 3.6.0
    - Update multidisabler
    10.03.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source
    - Add terminal multidisabler script
    - fstab cleanup.
    16.02.2021 - Initial R build for Android 11
    31.12.2020 - Update TWRP to 3.5.0
    14.11.2020 - Initial Release