• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

Michael root

Oct 4, 2017
try flashing multidisabler again, no need to format data again if you flashed multidisabler and formatted previously.

if you didn't flash it and format before you should do it now.
Gracias Sí, funcionó para mí. Ya tengo el bloqueo de pantalla activo.

Tengo otro problema con los auriculares tipo c. El problema es el dispositivo USB conectado y El dispositivo USB está desconectado. ¿Alguien tiene una solución?

Translated by GT:
Thanks Yes, it worked for me. I already have the screen lock active.

I have another problem with type c headphones. The problem is the connected USB device and The USB device is disconnected. Does anyone have a solution?

Last edited by a moderator:

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Thank you Yes, it worked for me. I already have the screen lock active. I have another problem with type c headphones. The problem is the USB device connected and the USB device is disconnected. Does anyone have a solution?
more information is needed, do you mean when you plug the headphones in that they become disconnected after a while ?

Michael root

Oct 4, 2017
Si solo conecto los auriculares, me muestra un mensaje de USB conectado y USB desconectado al mismo tiempo y así sucede infinitamente, y no me sale sonido en los auriculares.

Translated...Again!!

If I just plug in headphones, it shows me a message of USB connected and USB disconnected at the same time and so it happens infinitely, and I get no sound in the headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tungstwenty

Nov 1, 2011
I read some info on this thread about keeping data encrypted but still have some doubts. Can you enlighten me on this?

- If I choose to keep encryption on, TWRP won't be able to access individual file contents for backup/restore or even flashing onto the /data partition. But flashing or backup/restore of other partitions is possible with OTG storage.
- Are "full partition" backups of /data itself possible onto an external OTG storage? And working restore of course :)

Apart from these encryption limitations, any known issues with the recent builds of android 11?

(my device is the 4G version (G780F/DS) but there is no big reference in its thread about the encryption implications and the TWRP features should be the same)

Thanks!

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
(my device is the 4G version (G780F/DS) but there is no big reference in its thread about the encryption implications and the TWRP features should be the same)
if that model number is accurate you're in the wrong thread.

the link to the multidisabler.zip is a good read on the subject of encryption...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tungstwenty

shouk_1987

Jul 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
@Svan987 this version works fine on the SM-G780G. I meant you shouldn't expect it to be "fixed" to accommodate your phone more.

everyone will have folders and files with scrambled names until they flash multidisabler and format data. if you boot into TWRP before flashing multidisabler your external memory card doesn't work because it just doesn't, your internal memory will be encrypted and useless (for the time being), the only thing you could use is OTG in TWRP.

EDIT: General Observation...
what threw me off the first time was that after flashing multidisabler on a magisk patched system the onscreen log in TWRP says your device appears to be android 16. hopefully that's just down to file system encryption giving bad info.

Thanks for the details,
So in order for me to summarize and to double check if i understand correctly,

Right now i have Magisk only with the stock recovery ( Filesystem is encrypted normally )
I want to add TWRP without formatting or losing the data and i am accepting to have it working only on USB OTG ( i have a usb type C and type A flash )
I want to have TWRP mainly for bootloop safety precaution ( that can be caused from LSposed or a Magisk module )

Is it possible to Flash TWRP ( suing the userdata in Odin ) along with the same session of Patched Maigsk AP + Home CSC + BL + CP ?
then Enter TWRP and then Flash multidisabler and then reboot to OS and that's it
( from the above i understood that flashing mulitdisabler without format is the source of issues )

If not possible then is there a workaround to Flash same above process but flash Stock AP instead of Magisk patched one then from TWRP flash multidisabler then Magisk ( again without format but the difference this time that multidisabler is flashed over a stock AP )

Thanks for your assistance in advance

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Thanks for the details,
So in order for me to summarize and to double check if i understand correctly,

Right now i have Magisk only with the stock recovery ( Filesystem is encrypted normally )
I want to add TWRP without formatting or losing the data and i am accepting to have it working only on USB OTG ( i have a usb type C and type A flash )
I want to have TWRP mainly for bootloop safety precaution ( that can be caused from LSposed or a Magisk module )

Is it possible to Flash TWRP ( suing the userdata in Odin ) along with the same session of Patched Maigsk AP + Home CSC + BL + CP ?
then Enter TWRP and then Flash multidisabler and then reboot to OS and that's it
( from the above i understood that flashing mulitdisabler without format is the source of issues )

If not possible then is there a workaround to Flash same above process but flash Stock AP instead of Magisk patched one then from TWRP flash multidisabler then Magisk ( again without format but the difference this time that multidisabler is flashed over a stock AP )

Thanks for your assistance in advance

if you're already rooted you don't even need to touch Odin or a PC, Flashify or a kernel app with flash capabilities will do for recovery, some people even successfully the old TWRP app to flash recovery.

you could flash TWRP and then multidisabler from TWRP without formatting but as I understand it you might not be able to use TWRP at all because of the encryption still being present.

if you're already rooted get a memory card, a decent root file browser (X-Plore is excellent) and download OAndBackupX via F-Droid. there's only the settings you like to do again, everything else can be moved or backed up.

there's no value in not going the whole way. use the root that you have to backup, then use it to flash the recovery image from that's inside the zip. flash multidisabler and then format JUST DATA. root will still be there once you install magisk manager again, but you might need to update it.

Reactions: shouk_1987

shouk_1987

Jul 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
if you're already rooted you don't even need to touch Odin or a PC, Flashify or a kernel app with flash capabilities will do for recovery, some people even successfully the old TWRP app to flash recovery.

you could flash TWRP and then multidisabler from TWRP without formatting but as I understand it you might not be able to use TWRP at all because of the encryption still being present.

if you're already rooted get a memory card, a decent root file browser (X-Plore is excellent) and download OAndBackupX via F-Droid. there's only the settings you like to do again, everything else can be moved or backed up.

there's no value in not going the whole way. use the root that you have to backup, then use it to flash the recovery image from that's inside the zip. flash multidisabler and then format JUST DATA. root will still be there once you install magisk manager again, but you might need to update it.
I understand that to get full value then removing encryption is the better solution
However no time at all for now and will delay the step for now

I have opened the update binary file for the multidisabler on notepad++ and saw what it do, it does a lot including the FBE ( file based encryption) along with some stuff i am not aware about like wsw and bluetooth patch etc
One of its jobs is removing the restoration of stock recovery
This is the only command set i need to preserve TWRP and not touch the encryption at all to keep the system intact

I am not sure if i edited the file and removed all lines and keep only the part of removing restoration of stock reovery that it will be accepted by TWRP as i am not expert in line coding

Can you or anyone provide a file just for this purpose or a disabler that doesnot apply any encryption modification ?

Or is there a manual way from the OS since i am rooted to remove the stock recovery image ( or replace it with twrp one ) such that when OS start replacing it then i would have tricked it

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
I understand that to get full value then removing encryption is the better solution
However no time at all for now and will delay the step for now

I have opened the update binary file for the multidisabler on notepad++ and saw what it do, it does a lot including the FBE ( file based encryption) along with some stuff i am not aware about like wsw and bluetooth patch etc
One of its jobs is removing the restoration of stock recovery
This is the only command set i need to preserve TWRP and not touch the encryption at all to keep the system intact

I am not sure if i edited the file and removed all lines and keep only the part of removing restoration of stock reovery that it will be accepted by TWRP as i am not expert in line coding

Can you or anyone provide a file just for this purpose or a disabler that doesnot apply any encryption modification ?

Or is there a manual way from the OS since i am rooted to remove the stock recovery image ( or replace it with twrp one ) such that when OS start replacing it then i would have tricked it
ask in the multidisabler thread about editing the update script.

read that whole thread in fact. I'm pretty sure TWRP would be completely useless because it can't see an encrypted data partition.

Last edited:

shouk_1987

Jul 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I don't think TWRP can backup encrypted data, that's kinda the point of encryption.

Yes probably ( though a lot in this thread saying they are backing an resorting via OTG but they didnot say they are encrypted or not )
Again my main goal is for me to able to flash magisk uninstaller incase of a bootloop and not backing up for now.
If i have a bootloop for any reason now then i would be stuck without a twrp

Svan987

Mar 10, 2014
Yes probably ( though a lot in this thread saying they are backing an resorting via OTG but they didnot say they are encrypted or not )
Again my main goal is for me to able to flash magisk uninstaller incase of a bootloop and not backing up for now.
If i have a bootloop for any reason now then i would be stuck without a twrp
Simple just flash TWRP with Odin the day you got a bootloop.
anyone test on SM-G780G (4G)?
I installed on this model TWRP look like working. I did a factory reset from TWRP and format data with flashing "multidisabler-samsung-3.1.zip". When you plug your phone on PC in TWRP it's a recognized as 5G model.
I didn't try backup but there is no reason it will not work.

My goal is to deabloat samsung firmware and I wait some tools to be updated for Snapdragon chipset 865.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Svan987 some of those partitions really don't need backing up as they never be over written. I had a similar issue because the flash drive I used was formatted to VFAT which has a maximum file size of 4gb. backup anything you need off the drive and format it too Ext4 or something else that'll take the bigger files.
    @Svan987 some of those partitions really don't need backing up as they never be over written. I had a similar issue because the flash drive I used was formatted to VFAT which has a maximum file size of 4gb. backup anything you need off the drive and format it too Ext4 or something else that'll take the bigger files.
    Thanx a lot so nuts :LOL: i was with system files fat32. Just did bakcup of "super" with usb-otg formatted with exFat format. Thanx a lot.
    @afaneh92 forgot to make any fanfare over uploading a newer version of TWRP to his AFH
    Sorry was busy to update changelog to all devices.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy S20 FE 5G G7810, G781B, G781N, G781U, G781U1, G981W and G780G (4G).

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
    here

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download S20 FE 5G: r8q.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    Or:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Support:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram group

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.
    - Haptic feedback is currently not working.

TWRP team
    @ooobs007 for testing on S20 FE 5G G781B
    ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    @afaneh92 just checking in to ask what if any sources to you want / need to help you ?
    I'm on the Samsung open source site now and downloading a zip for G781BXXU2CUD1 but I've no idea if it's kernel sources inside (280mbs ish). another page I saw here mentioned using the inquiry tab to submit a request.

if you can tell me exactly what you want I'll more than happily put in a request for it, I'm sure others would too.

I'll edit this later and add the zip files full name that I've downloaded and if you want that I'll put it mediafire or similar.

SM-G781B_SEA_RR_Opensource.zip is the archive name, taken from clicking on G781BXXU2CUD1 which matches my current baseband and buildnumberView attachment 5299763
    I will start working on the new kernel source soon.
    Changelog:
    23.05.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source, update kernel to G781BXXU3CUD6.
    03.03.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source, Add terminal multidisabler script. fstab cleanup.
    22.01.2020 - Fix USB-OTG for Q & R builds.
    15.01.2020 - Initial build for Android 11
    31.12.2020 - Update TWRP to 3.5.0
    15.11.2020 - Add TWRP fastbootd support, Move kernel to gz format.
    11.11.2020 - Initial Release.
    @QRCode please consider making a thread about the exact method it required, resources needed and your experience with it.
    this sort of thing will be useful to others. particularly of interest is the features that don't work currently.
    I'll do my best still testing everything compiling my data etc