[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Hi, finally I bought a micro card reader dedicated to S20 backup, and ...
It doesn't work on S20 SE 5G with TWRP. In backup it doesn't accept to OTG. It works well on my PC with the same micro SD card inside.
Any idea ?
A question for Afaneh92: I use "openrecovery script" to automatically back up the phone with Tasker, but what I have to use to back up all partitions on the phone ?
some file system formats (fat32 maybe vfat too) don't support individual files being larger than 4gb. if you format the card to something else it will work without issues.
can't remember format I used, ext4 maybe, not sure and too lazy to check. I can assure you OTG works in this twrp though.

Last edited:

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
It doesn't work on S20 SE 5G with TWRP. In backup it doesn't accept to OTG. It works well on my PC with the same micro SD card inside.
Any idea ?
A question for Afaneh92: I use "openrecovery script" to automatically back up the phone with Tasker, but what I have to use to back up all partitions on the phone ?
Try exfat format on sdcard.
Also you can backup only main partitions like super, data, boot, prism and optics

VampiruX

Jan 19, 2007
All my SDcard are formatted as exFat, but the problem is that TWRP says "unable to mount OTG", so if I remove and insert the card several times, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, although it always works on the PC.
Thanks, but what letter I have to use in openrecoveryscript to back up ? I found only for boot, recovery and cache,

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
All my SDcard are formatted as exFat, but the problem is that TWRP says "unable to mount OTG", so if I remove and insert the card several times, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, although it always works on the PC.
Thanks, but what letter I have to use in openrecoveryscript to back up ? I found only for boot, recovery and cache,
I just use the select storage option whenever I need to switch to OTG and it's never not worked.

VampiruX

Jan 19, 2007
Anyway, I believe that openrecoveryscript has not been updated, so it is not possible to save all partitions. It doesn't make any sense to automatize.

Last edited:

VampiruX

Jan 19, 2007
If someone is able to fix in TWRP, here are some more data: when I enter in backup I go to "Select storage", if "OTG" is already selected I do nothing, I go back to "Backup" and "swipe to backup", TWRP answers, "Unable to mount".
I go back to "Select storage" and I select "internal storage" and go back to backup, here I go back to "Select storage" and select "OTG", return to backup and "Swipe to backup" and here all is OK.
Exactly the same for "Restore".

Last edited:

Chd.ali

Apr 18, 2021
Hello
all this job done
now want to do a reverse to original sam
so got the latest frimware and installed
and locked the bootloader
still get errors on samsung pass!
what to do?

viktor92

Mar 27, 2013
Hello
all this job done
now want to do a reverse to original sam
so got the latest frimware and installed
and locked the bootloader
still get errors on samsung pass!
what to do?
Not sure, but I think if you unlocked the bootloader once, Knox was permanently broken, so Samsung Pass don't work because it depends on Knox.

saoudien07

Apr 27, 2016
Any idea ?

Try exfat format on sdcard.
Also you can backup only main partitions like super, data, boot, prism and optics

I just use the select storage option whenever I need to switch to OTG and it's never not worked.

Does it solve my trouble ?
I did not have to much trust when I was doing the TWRP Backup, since less partiton are available in this TWRP, but I did it on an SD through OTG adapter.
I used an USB + OTG adapter.
it is formated into NTSF for large files.
In TWRP, wipe all available partition, of course exept OTG.
Then reboot into TWRP, and restore.
I had an error with sec_efs format during restore, so restored without that and it went through. The phone booted, but my usual parttern lock did not work. So back to TWRP do delete its lockscreen file.
During next boot not lockScreen, but got some weird error msg on first boot.
Backup / Restore is working, it can save of some brick, but a fresh install is the best.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy S20 FE 5G G7810, G781B, G781N, G781U, G781U1, G981W and G780G (4G).

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
    here

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download S20 FE 5G: r8q.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @ooobs007 for testing on S20 FE 5G G781B
    ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Changelog:
    02.06.2022 - Update to Android 12 kernel source
    - Fix mount issues
    - Update to TWRP 3.6.2
    29.11.2021 - Update to TWRP 3.6.0
    - Add Symlinked dynamic partitions to fstab
    - Updated to latest kernel source
    - Update multidisabler
    - fstab clean up
    - Fix haptic feedback
    23.05.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source, update kernel to G781BXXU3CUD6.
    03.03.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source, Add terminal multidisabler script. fstab cleanup.
    22.01.2020 - Fix USB-OTG for Q & R builds.
    15.01.2020 - Initial build for Android 11
    31.12.2020 - Update TWRP to 3.5.0
    15.11.2020 - Add TWRP fastbootd support, Move kernel to gz format.
    11.11.2020 - Initial Release.
    @afaneh92 just checking in to ask what if any sources to you want / need to help you ?
    I'm on the Samsung open source site now and downloading a zip for G781BXXU2CUD1 but I've no idea if it's kernel sources inside (280mbs ish). another page I saw here mentioned using the inquiry tab to submit a request.

if you can tell me exactly what you want I'll more than happily put in a request for it, I'm sure others would too.

I'll edit this later and add the zip files full name that I've downloaded and if you want that I'll put it mediafire or similar.

SM-G781B_SEA_RR_Opensource.zip is the archive name, taken from clicking on G781BXXU2CUD1 which matches my current baseband and buildnumberView attachment 5299763
    I will start working on the new kernel source soon.
    Hi everybody,
    Sorry in advance for this noob question.
    Starting from stock Android12, I went thru all @afaneh92 process and it's working nicely.
    Now I'd like to upgrade to Androi13: do I have to rerun exactly all the process (& so loosing my data)?
    In other words: are BL unlock and avb disable persistent after an Odin flash ?
    Thank you for sharing your skills !
    Note: steps 2-6 are important, missing any will lose your data.

1. Load all files to their respective slots in odin, pick HOME_CSC instead of CSC.
    2. Uncheck auto reboot in Odin and hit start.
    3. Reboot to download if possible from odin options (not working on all devices), or using buttons combo.
    4. Keep auto reboot unchecked, Flash TWRP in AP slot and vbmeta_disabled.tar in USERDATA
    5. Hold volume down and power until the screen goes black then immediately switch to holding volume up and power to reboot into TWRP.
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.
    You will see " - Finished." When it is done.
    7. flash magisk then reboot to system (optional).