[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Snapdragon)

b1k3rdude

Mar 18, 2011
London
New R build:15.01.2020 - Initial build for Android 11
Evening Fella.

I have flashed this version along with the Q version but it dosent take. 1. the recovery key combo dosent work (Volume-up and power), I have to used ADB to get into recovery. 2. when I get into recovery, the stock recovery is still present.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Evening Fella.

I have flashed this version along with the Q version but it dosent take. 1. the recovery key combo dosent work (Volume-up and power), I have to used ADB to get into recovery. 2. when I get into recovery, the stock recovery is still present.
Once odin pass and device reboot, screen goes black then press vol up and power immediately and release power at logo. Or stock recovery will restored.

Reactions: b1k3rdude

b1k3rdude

Mar 18, 2011
London
Once odin pass and device reboot, screen goes black then press vol up and power immediately and release power at logo. Or stock recovery will restored.
I did wonder if I might have to do something like this, thank you :)

Ok, I have seen this before on other same sun devices, but Im not able to mount/browse my external SD card. I can obviosuly work around the issue, but would like to be able to access/mount the ext. SD card.

Last edited:

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
I did wonder if I might have to do something like this, thank you :)

Ok, I have seen this before on other same sun devices, but Im not able to mount/browse my external SD card. I can obviosuly work around the issue, but would like to be able to access/mount the ext. SD card.
Unfortunately its broken on FE model. I didnt managed to fix it yet lack of device I cant test myself.

Reactions: b1k3rdude

Franki66

Jan 19, 2021
I have the European version of the G781B on Android 11. Following your guidline it worked well.
Unfortunately there are 2 issues:

MTP is broken. The phoneis not correctly recognizedby the PC and files cannot be transfered.The phone however, is reconised by ADB. The latest Samsung drivers are installed on the PC. The driver says: further actionis required.

Backup in TWRP is not possible. See attached screenshot.

Any advice for remedial actions?

Attachments

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
I have the European version of the G781B on Android 11. Following your guidline it worked well.
Unfortunately there are 2 issues:

MTP is broken. The phoneis not correctly recognizedby the PC and files cannot be transfered.The phone however, is reconised by ADB. The latest Samsung drivers are installed on the PC. The driver says: further actionis required.

Backup in TWRP is not possible. See attached screenshot.

Any advice for remedial actions?
I think you still encrypted! flash multidisabler then format data and type yes to disable decryption.

Franki66

Jan 19, 2021
After changing manually the line in fstab.qcom and wipe data I'm ending up in a bootloop. I can only boot into TWRP.
Trying transfer of multidisabler.zip by adb push ends up with: sdcard is no directory
Clean new flash or any other solution?

Sorry for these noob questions

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
After changing manually the line in fstab.qcom and wipe data I'm ending up in a bootloop. I can only boot into TWRP.
Trying transfer of multidisabler.zip by adb push ends up with: sdcard is no directory
Clean new flash or any other solution?

Sorry for these noob questions
Push file to / through adb
And set right permissions fstab after edit and check its not empty.

Franki66

Jan 19, 2021
Thanks for the hint.
Thats what I've tried with no effect.
With too much uncertainties left I started again at square one, flashed ROM with odin and following afaneh92's instruction in post one it now turned out all fine.

Good work by afaneh92(y)(y)