[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

Svan987

Mar 10, 2014
I am still on android 11 with TWRP 3.5.2_10-5. Can I update to last version 3.6.2_11-7 because it's written kernel android 12. Or my installed version is the last compatible with android 11 ? Thanx.

czerwinski76

Dec 18, 2010
I am still on android 11 with TWRP 3.5.2_10-5. Can I update to last version 3.6.2_11-7 because it's written kernel android 12. Or my installed version is the last compatible with android 11 ? Thanx.

I'm on Android 11. It's fine.

Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader. ONE TIME .
2. Download S20 FE 5G: r8q.
3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot in Odin and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
6. Disable encryption:
- Flash multidisabler-samsung-3.x.zip. DON'T WORK. USE THE TERMINAL
Or:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.
7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
8. Reboot to recovery.
9. Flasher magisk en .zip dans twrp
https://magiskzip.com/
10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Screenshot_2022-08-11-06-43-47.png

Nov 5, 2017
Rennes
Hi everybody,
Finally everything went nicely during all the process: now I've got a G781B/DS with TWRP and rooted (y)
Like many others here I had to try 10 or 20 times to re-enter recovery after flashing with Odin at step 5 (need 5 hands & 28 fingers to do that !) So here is a little tip:
When you are at step 4 (see @czerwinski76 post#603 or OP) deselect Autoreboot in Odin. When TWRP flashing is over, reboot phone from DL mode manually with keys combo (Vol- & Power during 7 sec)
When the screen turns black you have 1-2 sec (really!) to switch to Vol+ button and Unplug/Replug the USB cable on the PC. It is mandatory that you've done that before the boring unlocked BL screen appears. Then you should boot to recovery.
Thank you so much to afaneh92 for his great work giving us the chance to optimize our phones !
Thanx also to all contributors of this thread. It's long but worth to read from OP to here.:)

Reactions: tombbb
Nov 5, 2017
Rennes
Hi all,
May be that's not the better place for this noob question, feel free to tell me.
When setting up my 1st backup with TWRP I had the surprise to see a bunch of partitions.
Would anybody be kind to give me a short description of those ones:
metadata | sec_efs | dtbo | Firmware | Optics & Super (= system I guess ?)
Thanks

Last edited:

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Hi all,
May be that's not the better place for this noob question, feel free to tell me.
When setting up my 1st backup with TWRP I had the surprise to see a bunch of partitions.
Would anybody be kind to give me a short description of those ones:
metadata | sec_efs | dtbo | Firmware | Optics & Super (= system I guess ?)
Thanks
generally you only need to worry about a partition that gets written to or overwritten with new stuff. system partition is the OS, vendor is device specific files to help the OS work. the data partition is where your apps and every setting you enter gets stored. EFS partition is where your IMEI is stored, having a backup of this stored safely is recommended. boot partition is where the kernel is stored. these are the main partitions you have to worry about as a user. as far as I know the rest only get written to with a stock flash of firmware. some like optics can be flashed via twrp but that's not usually a concern. the rest you'd be better off searching for one by one for decent explanation.

Nov 5, 2017
Rennes
Hi 3mel
Thank you for your feedback.
I agree with you that only a few partitions generally need to be saved/restored (system/data...)
But I'm a curious guy and I'd like to know what those mysterious partitions contain. Oh I discovered another one: Prism . . . keep on searching !

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Hi 3mel
Thank you for your feedback.
I agree with you that only a few partitions generally need to be saved/restored (system/data...)
But I'm a curious guy and I'd like to know what those mysterious partitions contain. Oh I discovered another one: Prism . . . keep on searching !
there's definitely more than a few years back, I've tried looking up and gotten nowhere really.

Tigerevo

Mar 14, 2011
One thing to do since problem w twrp and external sd , is just make backup on internal drive ,turn phone on and then copy twrp backup to sd card .

glaedr

Mar 1, 2010
Hi, my display is suffering green vertical line (1 year old phone). I'd like to get warranty display substitution from samsung. Is it possible to unroot ed uninstall recovery mode? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy S20 FE 5G G7810, G781B, G781N, G781U, G781U1, G981W and G780G (4G).

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
    here

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download S20 FE 5G: r8q.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @ooobs007 for testing on S20 FE 5G G781B
    ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Changelog:
    02.06.2022 - Update to Android 12 kernel source
    - Fix mount issues
    - Update to TWRP 3.6.2
    29.11.2021 - Update to TWRP 3.6.0
    - Add Symlinked dynamic partitions to fstab
    - Updated to latest kernel source
    - Update multidisabler
    - fstab clean up
    - Fix haptic feedback
    23.05.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source, update kernel to G781BXXU3CUD6.
    03.03.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source, Add terminal multidisabler script. fstab cleanup.
    22.01.2020 - Fix USB-OTG for Q & R builds.
    15.01.2020 - Initial build for Android 11
    31.12.2020 - Update TWRP to 3.5.0
    15.11.2020 - Add TWRP fastbootd support, Move kernel to gz format.
    11.11.2020 - Initial Release.
    @afaneh92 just checking in to ask what if any sources to you want / need to help you ?
    I'm on the Samsung open source site now and downloading a zip for G781BXXU2CUD1 but I've no idea if it's kernel sources inside (280mbs ish). another page I saw here mentioned using the inquiry tab to submit a request.

if you can tell me exactly what you want I'll more than happily put in a request for it, I'm sure others would too.

I'll edit this later and add the zip files full name that I've downloaded and if you want that I'll put it mediafire or similar.

SM-G781B_SEA_RR_Opensource.zip is the archive name, taken from clicking on G781BXXU2CUD1 which matches my current baseband and buildnumberView attachment 5299763
    I will start working on the new kernel source soon.
    Hi everybody,
    Sorry in advance for this noob question.
    Starting from stock Android12, I went thru all @afaneh92 process and it's working nicely.
    Now I'd like to upgrade to Androi13: do I have to rerun exactly all the process (& so loosing my data)?
    In other words: are BL unlock and avb disable persistent after an Odin flash ?
    Thank you for sharing your skills !
    Note: steps 2-6 are important, missing any will lose your data.

1. Load all files to their respective slots in odin, pick HOME_CSC instead of CSC.
    2. Uncheck auto reboot in Odin and hit start.
    3. Reboot to download if possible from odin options (not working on all devices), or using buttons combo.
    4. Keep auto reboot unchecked, Flash TWRP in AP slot and vbmeta_disabled.tar in USERDATA
    5. Hold volume down and power until the screen goes black then immediately switch to holding volume up and power to reboot into TWRP.
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.
    You will see " - Finished." When it is done.
    7. flash magisk then reboot to system (optional).