[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

HelltioEVGS

Nov 24, 2022
the bootloader unlocked screen is normal when booting the phone or recovery.
Yeah i figured but what if we locked,that can break the root and i don't like that screen,the other one we can mod the picture but the first one it seems that we can´t do anything.Oh bu the way,thanks for the help before,it's kinda tricky to explain the hold to get the recovery.

petrapas

Jan 24, 2013
Is it possible to get Samsung Updates with an unlocked and rooted S20FE (Snapdragon)?
Or do you have to flash them manually through TWRP or odin?

HelltioEVGS

Nov 24, 2022
Guys,i found a small problem.When i change system sounds there's one that is connect charging sound cuts in half like not sound the full sound,the intro and outro is long like 6 seconds and the charging sound is also 6 seconds,but why does it cut as if it was 4 seconds sound long?.I will upload the sound for you to try it,since it's rooted you only need to paste the sound in UI folder,just make a backup for the original sound in case you don't want it.

Duck1245

Jul 29, 2014
Colombia
Hello everybody, I want know is possible root my galaxy s20 FE 5G Snapdragon with android 12 oneui 4.1 ? My galaxy is the version Dual sim. to be possible, can anyone tell me how do it?

I attachment a screenshot

thanks...

Screenshot_20221206_012151.jpg

petrapas

Jan 24, 2013
Hello everybody, I want know is possible root my galaxy s20 FE 5G Snapdragon with android 12 oneui 4.1 ? My galaxy is the version Dual sim. to be possible, can anyone tell me how do it?

I attachment a screenshot

thanks...
Yes.
You can root it with this TWRP and Magisk.

Just read the instructions in the first post of this thread.
Or you can find one with pictures here:

Nov 5, 2017
Rennes
Hi everybody,
I've got a S20FE SM-G781B snap 5G with Android12 / One UI 4.1.
Thank to @afaneh92 and many people here, BL unlock, TWRP install and root with Magisk ran perfectly.
For about 1 month now, Android13/ONE UI 5.0 stock FW is available. As a noob, I have some questions about upgrading my phone:
1 - We have to upgrade manually with Odin. But do we have to reflash the vbmeta_disable tar file after (or during) FW upgrade ? (guess the FW flash will enable the verified boot check)
2 - The same way: I imagine that the stock FW flash will overwrite the recovery so we have to reflash TWRP ? May be we can avoid this rebooting on existing TWRP after FW flash and before 1st system boot ?
Is afaneh92's TWRP Rev. 3.7 compatible with Android13/ONE UI 5.0 ?
3 - Is root cancelled by the upgrade ?
As a last question, is there a chance to keep our data thru this procedure ?
Sorry for this bunch of questions but I prefer prevention to fixing if I do something wrong...
Thanks guys ! :)

Hi everybody,
I've got a S20FE SM-G781B snap 5G with Android12 / One UI 4.1.
Thank to @afaneh92 and many people here, BL unlock, TWRP install and root with Magisk ran perfectly.
For about 1 month now, Android13/ONE UI 5.0 stock FW is available. As a noob, I have some questions about upgrading my phone:
1 - We have to upgrade manually with Odin. But do we have to reflash the vbmeta_disable tar file after (or during) FW upgrade ? (guess the FW flash will enable the verified boot check)
2 - The same way: I imagine that the stock FW flash will overwrite the recovery so we have to reflash TWRP ? May be we can avoid this rebooting on existing TWRP after FW flash and before 1st system boot ?
Is afaneh92's TWRP Rev. 3.7 compatible with Android13/ONE UI 5.0 ?
3 - Is root cancelled by the upgrade ?
As a last question, is there a chance to keep our data thru this procedure ?
Sorry for this bunch of questions but I prefer prevention to fixing if I do something wrong...
Thanks guys ! :)
For Android 13, wait for further updates from the developer. My guess is that it will require a newer version of TWRP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy S20 FE 5G G7810, G781B, G781N, G781U, G781U1, G981W and G780G (4G).

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
    here

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download S20 FE 5G: r8q.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @ooobs007 for testing on S20 FE 5G G781B
    ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Changelog:
    02.06.2022 - Update to Android 12 kernel source
    - Fix mount issues
    - Update to TWRP 3.6.2
    29.11.2021 - Update to TWRP 3.6.0
    - Add Symlinked dynamic partitions to fstab
    - Updated to latest kernel source
    - Update multidisabler
    - fstab clean up
    - Fix haptic feedback
    23.05.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source, update kernel to G781BXXU3CUD6.
    03.03.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source, Add terminal multidisabler script. fstab cleanup.
    22.01.2020 - Fix USB-OTG for Q & R builds.
    15.01.2020 - Initial build for Android 11
    31.12.2020 - Update TWRP to 3.5.0
    15.11.2020 - Add TWRP fastbootd support, Move kernel to gz format.
    11.11.2020 - Initial Release.
    @afaneh92 just checking in to ask what if any sources to you want / need to help you ?
    I'm on the Samsung open source site now and downloading a zip for G781BXXU2CUD1 but I've no idea if it's kernel sources inside (280mbs ish). another page I saw here mentioned using the inquiry tab to submit a request.

if you can tell me exactly what you want I'll more than happily put in a request for it, I'm sure others would too.

I'll edit this later and add the zip files full name that I've downloaded and if you want that I'll put it mediafire or similar.

SM-G781B_SEA_RR_Opensource.zip is the archive name, taken from clicking on G781BXXU2CUD1 which matches my current baseband and buildnumberView attachment 5299763
    I will start working on the new kernel source soon.
    Hi everybody,
    Sorry in advance for this noob question.
    Starting from stock Android12, I went thru all @afaneh92 process and it's working nicely.
    Now I'd like to upgrade to Androi13: do I have to rerun exactly all the process (& so loosing my data)?
    In other words: are BL unlock and avb disable persistent after an Odin flash ?
    Thank you for sharing your skills !
    Note: steps 2-6 are important, missing any will lose your data.

1. Load all files to their respective slots in odin, pick HOME_CSC instead of CSC.
    2. Uncheck auto reboot in Odin and hit start.
    3. Reboot to download if possible from odin options (not working on all devices), or using buttons combo.
    4. Keep auto reboot unchecked, Flash TWRP in AP slot and vbmeta_disabled.tar in USERDATA
    5. Hold volume down and power until the screen goes black then immediately switch to holding volume up and power to reboot into TWRP.
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.
    You will see " - Finished." When it is done.
    7. flash magisk then reboot to system (optional).