[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S20 FE & FE 5G (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

Tendor83

Jul 7, 2015
Has anyone managed to boot successfully into TWRP recovery, as depicted in the step "5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo"?
I have followed all the steps up until that, but pressing the Vol Up + Power will not take me to TWRP Recovery, instead will normally boot up the OneUi system.

Last edited:

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Has anyone managed to boot successfully into TWRP recovery, as depicted in the step "5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo"?
I have followed all the steps up until that, but pressing the Vol Up + Power will not take me to TWRP Recovery, instead will normally boot up the OneUi system.
just before flashing TWRP disable autoreboot in Odin. you'll have to use vol down + power for 7 secs to force a reboot out of download mode without it. then you've gotta immediately switch to vol up + power while also plugging in a connected USB cable.

a cable is needed to with the key combo since OneUI 3.1 to enter recovery.

Tendor83

Jul 7, 2015
Thanks 3mel!
But nowhere in the detailed steps it says to attach a cable when performing the recovery Vol Up+Power combo...
Such a small detail, but having a BIG impact on the whole process.

Tendor83

Jul 7, 2015
After following all the steps and successfully flashing Magisk-23.0.zip in TWRP recovery and rebooting to system (steps 9 and 10) it seems that the magisk installation didn't went as expected.
The first sign, in the Magisk manager is says Installed: N/A.
When trying to install Youtube Vanced the Grant Root Permision will return "Root access not granted".
Do you have any ideea why the root process didn't succeded?

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Thanks 3mel!
But nowhere in the detailed steps it says to attach a cable when performing the recovery Vol Up+Power combo...
Such a small detail, but having a BIG impact on the whole process.
it's a recent change brought in last year with OneUI 3.1 I think, before that it was just a regular key combo. it changed for all Samsung OneUI phones, people just haven't got around to remembering it's part of the process now.

serkai

Jan 3, 2019
so, after flashing twrp and trying to go into recovery mode, i cant boot into twrp, it shows the samsung recovery

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
so, after flashing twrp and trying to go into recovery mode, i cant boot into twrp, it shows the samsung recovery
you'll have to flash TWRP again...

turn off auto reboot in Odin so the phone stays in download mode, when you're ready press volume down and power for 7 seconds and it will reboot out of download mode.
you will need to have your cable plugged into the PC at one end and ready to plug into the phone at the other.
as soon as the reboot begins and the screen goes off press and hold volume up and power and plug in the cable.

mohamedbk

Aug 11, 2015
beni khalled
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hi ,

iam successfully flashed TWRp thank you alot work for me Samsung Galaxy S20 Fe SM-G781B
but you dont mention you need to disable auto rebbot on odin then power off the phone with Volume down + power for 7 second while the cavle is connected
1651609322732.png
and when Samsung logo appear pess volume up + power button to enter to recovery mode TWRP

Reactions: tombbb

mohamedbk

Aug 11, 2015
beni khalled
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hi ,

iam successfully flashed TWRp thank you alot work for me Samsung Galaxy S20 Fe SM-G781B
but you dont mention you need to disable auto rebbot on odin then power off the phone with Volume down + power for 7 second while the cavle is connected
View attachment 5605269 and when Samsung logo appear pess volume up + power button to enter to recovery mode TWRP
after following you my phone stuck at starting android lonnng time without doing anything , what can i do ?

VampiruX

Jan 19, 2007
Hi,
I tried to root, but stopped on the first try: Unable to install "vbmeta_disabled.tar" with Odin 3.14.4. Odin says "failed" and on the phone I got a message "Only official binary are allowed… ".
Before starting I have unlocked the bootloader, I get the warning message when it starts.
Can someone give me a direction to look for ?
Many thanks.

PS my device is S20FE 5G, SM-G781B, FRENCH (FTM), G781BXXU4FVC4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi ,

1651609322732.png
    and when Samsung logo appear pess volume up + power button to enter to recovery mode TWRP
    after following you my phone stuck at starting android lonnng time without doing anything , what can i do ?
    Thanks for your replay ,

You need to wipe Data
    TWRP-recovery-1.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy S20 FE 5G G7810, G781B, G781N, G781U, G781U1, G981W and G780G (4G).

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
    here

DOWNLOAD:​

TWRP 3.6.0 S20 FE & FE 5G Snapdragon (r8q)

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download the TWRP for Snapdragon Devices.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Flash multidisabler-samsung-3.x.zip.
    Or:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Changelog 3.6.0_11 (Compared with 3.5.2 from @afaneh92):
    - ANDROID 12 SUPPORT

Screenshot:

photo_2021-11-26_04-51-48.jpg

Bugs:
    - mini display glitches when slide
    - You tell me :D

TWRP team
    @afaneh92 for the base & little for they thread base
    @ooobs007 for testing on S20 FE 5G G781B
    ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
    Device Tree
    Looks like a dirty clone
    See dude, its a newer version, it flashes system img directly, working with A12 installed. There are some changes, I dont see it to a be copy at all
    @ROM-PacMe, as this is using the afaneh92's repo, can I ask if you managed to get backup and restore from external SD card working..?
    I can answer, non of encrtyption nor SD card fixed.
    Yeah, tried the American mirror which was not infected. Online scan also didn't turn up anything. So probably not the fault of the uploader. Attached you can find two pics of the scans. Hope you don't mind, that they are in German. View attachment 5468659View attachment 5468663
    I cannot confirm this.
    Both files have the same hash.
    I also extracted both files and ran them through Virustotal - no Virus detected.
    Looks like a dirty clone