Search This thread

GeeAyeZee

Account currently disabled
Reactions: lukjod

hochocnua

Feb 28, 2014

Roy2008

Apr 12, 2008
Hi, I need some help pls, I rooted with magisk, now I decided to flash this twrp with odin, it flashed okay, I booted in recovery, wiped data/factory reset, I installed the disabled.tar 2.6, installed magisk.tar 21, rebooted the system, all seemed okay until I try to download apps on the play store, says insufficient space so I check my internal memory and it's showing something weird, it's saying I have -87.95 / 16.00 GB. How can I have minus in my internal storage, so I checked on my pc, it's showing just over 5 GB on the internal storage on my pc. If anyone can help me, thank you.
I'm using SM-G986B/DS 5G, S20+
ONEUI 3.0 on android 11.

Roy2008

Apr 12, 2008
I've managed to flash the stock rom back on it and it's working again, I'll try installing the twrp back on it again later, I've flashed the patched magisk back on there, might be the reason that I get problems.

GeeAyeZee

Hi, I need some help pls, I rooted with magisk, now I decided to flash this twrp with odin, it flashed okay, I booted in recovery, wiped data/factory reset, I installed the disabled.tar 2.6, installed magisk.tar 21, rebooted the system, all seemed okay until I try to download apps on the play store, says insufficient space so I check my internal memory and it's showing something weird, it's saying I have -87.95 / 16.00 GB. How can I have minus in my internal storage, so I checked on my pc, it's showing just over 5 GB on the internal storage on my pc. If anyone can help me, thank you.
I'm using SM-G986B/DS 5G, S20+
ONEUI 3.0 on android 11.
Usually this occurs from just flashing the AP file by itself. In future you can go into twrp then go to wipe/advanced, and select fix system files and also resize file system from within there

Reactions: Roy2008

Coddeh

Mar 2, 2021
Hi guys,

I'm in a rather odd predicament. I've got a completely stock exynoss S20 ultra that has never been rooted. It has recently got itself stuck in a boot loop where it will start up and then sits on the lock screen. It can be like that all day until I unlock it and it has the starting up scroll bar on. After a little while it will then fall into a boot loop. I don't believe I turned USB debugging on as I've never felt the need to root the phone.

I'm currently unable to get the photo's and videos off my phone. Everything else is backed up. Im pretty sure a factory reset will fix my boot loop issues but I'd like to recover my data first.

I was wondering if I could use odin to flash the twrp recovery. Then connect my phone to get my data off and then flash back to the stock recovery and do a factory reset.

As I can't get into my phone due to it boot looping right after unlocking I can't turn on USB debugging nor can I enable OEM unlock.

What would be the implications of doing so, will it trip Knox even if I dont boot into the OS?

All I want to do use Odin to flash TWRP, grab data and then flash back to stock.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Coddeh

GeeAyeZee

Hi guys,

I'm in a rather odd predicament. I've got a completely stock exynoss S20 ultra that has never been rooted. It has recently got itself stuck in a boot loop where it will start up and then sits on the lock screen. It can be like that all day until I unlock it and it has the starting up scroll bar on. After a little while it will then fall into a boot loop. I don't believe I turned USB debugging on as I've never felt the need to root the phone.

I'm currently unable to get the photo's and videos off my phone. Everything else is backed up. Im pretty sure a factory reset will fix my boot loop issues but I'd like to recover my data first.

I was wondering if I could use odin to flash the twrp recovery. Then connect my phone to get my data off and then flash back to the stock recovery and do a factory reset.

As I can't get into my phone due to it boot looping right after unlocking I can't turn on USB debugging nor can I enable OEM unlock.

What would be the implications of doing so, will it trip Knox even if I dont boot into the OS?

All I want to do use Odin to flash TWRP, grab data and then flash back to stock.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Coddeh
flash a vbmeta file by itself in odin in userdata slot

Coddeh

Mar 2, 2021
flash a vbmeta file by itself in odin in userdata slot

Thanks for the help GeeAyeZee. vbmeta would be a verified boot file right?
Are you thinking that would fix the bootloop issues?
Or are you suggesting that would be a step to do before flashing TWRP?

Sorry I need more elaboration on what you are suggesting.

Cheers.

thesphinxvn

Apr 8, 2017
Ha noi
i install twrp with s20, ui 3.0 is okay.
but when i load android 11, UI 3.1 , its bootloop when installed Twrp :((
Pls, some one else help me? My device is S20+ 5G

GeeAyeZee

Thanks for the help GeeAyeZee. vbmeta would be a verified boot file right?
Are you thinking that would fix the bootloop issues?
Or are you suggesting that would be a step to do before flashing TWRP?

Sorry I need more elaboration on what you are suggesting.

Cheers.
Sometimes when my phone doesn't boot up properly I flash the vbmetadisabled file from in the S20 how to root guide here on XDA. Just put the file in the user data section of Odin and flash it either with your firmware or just by itself works too

GeeAyeZee

Coddeh

Mar 2, 2021
Sometimes when my phone doesn't boot up properly I flash the vbmetadisabled file from in the S20 how to root guide here on XDA. Just put the file in the user data section of Odin and flash it either with your firmware or just by itself works too

Ah that's interesting I assume if it doesn't work for me I could then flash a vbmeta file enabled to bring it back to stock?

Coddeh

Mar 2, 2021
Well I tried the vbmeta flash in the user data slot but got an RQT close error due to OEM not being unlocked. I imagine this would cause issues for flashing TWRP as well?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.4.0

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
    In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
    1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
    2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
    (Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
    3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
    (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
    4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: S20/S20+/S20 Ultra(Exynos variants)
    Download

Sources:
    Kernel source
    TWRP source
    Device Tree: Sorry are not under GPL License since are my own so they will not get released :(

Changelog:

- Updated TWRP Source
    - Adb Push works now without disable MTP in settings
    - Fixed the bug where TWRP dont saved settings
    - Updated DTB and DTBO for boot on One UI 3.0 (Use Magisk 21.1 for root One UI 3.0)
    - Boot only with USB Cable or USB OTG connected (THX samsung for this stupid change in the bootloader)
    - Removed decrypter from download folder (use Multidisabler 2.6 instead)

- Twrp boots now without nulled Vbmeta.img

- Fixed Optics and Prism Backup and Restore
    - Brightness is now no more at max
    - CPEFS error is gone
    - Sec-EFS added in the FStab

-Initial Release

Bugs:
    -MTP and Encryption (ADB PUSH WORKS when you disable mtp in TWRP mount settings!)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] TWRP for Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S20

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-19

Created 2020-08-19
    Last Updated 2020-12-06
    Guide:
    1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
    2. power off the device and boot in download mode with vol up+ vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
    3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
    4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
    5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
    6. setup the phone without google account etc
    7. reboot in download mode and flash twrp tar for your device with odin in the AP field
    8. hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
    9. format data in twrp and install multidisabler (you find it here on xda!)
    10. Flash Latest Magisk
    11. press reboot to system in twrp.
    someone said MTP on s20 twrp? :p
    so update for One UI 3.0 is uploaded. like all time patched vbmeta is not needed for boot twrp. if you mods somethings in system or vendor then its needed that you flash a patched vbmeta

Changelog:

- Updated TWRP Source
    - Adb Push works now without disable MTP in settings
    - Fixed the bug where TWRP dont saved settings
    - Updated DTB and DTBO for boot on One UI 3.0 (Use Magisk 21.1 for root One UI 3.0)
    - Boot only with USB Cable or USB OTG connected (THX samsung for this stupid change in the bootloader)
    - Removed decrypter from download folder (use Multidisabler 2.6 instead)
    so BTH5 TWRP is released. Only updated is the kernel source