Hi, disable auto reboot from odin, flash the rom with CSC_HOME, after it finishes reboot to download mode again, reflash twrp and vbmeta_disable_R.tar. reboot to twrp run multidisabler from twrp terminal. Dont format just reboot if multidisabler success.Hi, thank you for your amazing work!
I rooted my S21 with magisk and installed TWRP with your method. Now I would like to update the firmware without wiping my data.
Here is what I was thinking of doing but I wanted to confront with you to see if everything could work:
1) Download new firmware with Friya
2) Extract AP, put it on S21 and patch it with Magisk
3) Bring it back to PC and flash with Odin, with Home_CSC, patched AP and the other files in original status, NO REBOOT
4) Follow your guide, flashing with Odin the files for TWRP as in your first post
5) REBOOT to recovery
6) Run Multidisabler, wipe cache
7) REBOOT to system
Is this correct? Will this work?
Its not a port!First of all, a big thank you for porting TWRP to S21! I've been using TWRP for years and I'm so glad to see it in S21. I'm just little cautious / worried installing an unofficial TWRP into my brand new phone... Hence the questions:
1. I'm a keen Android power user for years and I've played with Odin, customer ROMs, kernels etc. So I know my way around. What might be the worst case scenario should something go wrong, even if I follow your instructions? Boot loop? Soft brick? Anything that flashing stock ROM can't fix?
2. You mentioned in your instructions to disable encryption. Is this phase necessary if you haven't even enabled it yet? I just put into use my new S21 and haven't fiddled with any settings yet.
3. I just updated my S21 with all the recent SW updates OTA. Should I expect any problems with TWRP installation if I have all the recent Samsung updates installed?
4. Is it possible to use TWRP's Android app to update also this unofficial version? Or is flashing the only way to update it?
TWRP support flashing magisk apk, treat it like flashable zip.Thanks for the reply!
One more thing confuses me: You mentioned in your instructions that "Flash magisk apk in twrp." Does this mean installing TWRP also roots device and that you have also included Magisk apk within this TWRP package?
Or do you mean that one should follow standard Magisk's installation instructions found here after TWRP installation?
try patched odin, also make sure bootloader unlocked and your devices is G991B.Hmm... Odin fails to flash.
I got newest version of Odin and I did place twrp-3.5.0_10-1_afaneh92-R-o1s.tar and vbmeta_disabled_R.tar files in their respective location in Odin. I've also enabled the OEM unlocking and set USB debugging mode on accordingly. Odin still fails.
I've flashed before with Odin adn various other Samsung Android devices. Any idea what could be wrong or what am I missing? I haven't fiddled with my new S21 in any other way than enabled the developer mode so far. My model is G991B/DS.
Answering to myself: After installing TWRP you can simply download the newest Magisk.apk, re-name it to Magisk.zip, flash it via TWRP (install zip) and reboot your system. After that you'll have your device rooted and Magisk manager installed. It needs to be updated and rebooted immediately and then you're good to go.Thanks, I got it working! I missed the "unlock bootloader" part. My previous Android was S7 and I've never had to unlock any bootloaders...
I found the "Install TWRP App" under Advanced. Is it safe to install & use?
I'm still baffled about No. 7. "Flash magisk apk in twrp."
You mean, I need to first download Magisk apk first, of course? Cause there is no Magisk app already within this TWRP package, right?
EDIT: What I mean is that does the TWRP also root the device? Do I just need to install Magisk "manager" and Magisk apk and then I'm done?
I have not found a custom rom, but was able to install GSIs:
Actually I didnt added all partitions lolDoing my first Samsung Galaxy S21 backup.
Whoa, there are a whole lot more partitions available for backup than with any of my previous Android phones.
Which partitions would you recommend to backup? Data? Boot? How about Super (Incl. System, Vendor, Product, Odm)?
Need to be quick, press vol up and power after device reboot and screen goes black.
Im not working on anything other than recovery. I dont have the device. only the Ultra.Hi,
Were you able to check this? I used the latest recovery and went into a bootloop as well. Haven't tried the old recovery yet but can you please check on the latest and help improve? I don't know if you are also working on a custom kernel / custom ROM? I have worked on Oppo Find5 (quite some time ago) but am open to teaming up.
* Your warranty is now void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
- Run multidisabler again!.
multidisableragain. will see
- Finished.when done.
You can flash apk
Vibration not working in twrp only, read more.I'm kinda casual, with haptic feedback not working do you mean the vibration motor in the phone stops working completely, or? I don't know what encryption not working means either.
I saw the same issues for the S20 FE.
Looking at both forums closely currently as I'm deciding which phone to buy dependent on which phone will have a better root experience.
Yes need to redo every step.Will this have to be done everytime there is a firmware update?? Or like other devices we can keep twrp and magisk when updating..
I currently have S20 which I dont have twrp on but can update new firmware and just reboot to odin after flashing new firmware and just flash patched boot.img and all is good. Will the S21 be the same