US/Canada devices has no oem unlock toggle!
I've already enabled Developer Settings and updated. Do I need to restart and factory reset?US/Canada devices has no oem unlock toggle!
How to get OEM Unlock option back for Non US/Canada device?
1. Open the Settings app. Tap on General Management → Date and time.
2. Use the toggle button to disable Automatic date and time.
3. Set date option will be enabled now. Tap on it, and set the date to about 10-20 days earlier.
4. Enable developer options.
4.a Go to your device Settings.
4.b Select ‘About phone’ » tap seven times on ‘Build number’.
└ This will enable Developer options under Settings.
4.c Go back to Settings » scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see Developer options menu.
5. Open developer options (in the Settings app itself), and find the option called ‘Auto update system‘. Use the toggle button to disable it.
6. Now, go back to the main screen of Setting, and then tap on Software update.
7. Disable the option ‘Download updates automatically‘.
8. Tap on ‘Download updates manually‘ option, but it will give you an error because of the wrong date, so it’s fine.
9. Restart the device.
10. Go to Settings > Developer options. The OEM unlock option should be enabled now.
Connect to internetToday i did receive my brand new S21 and did try to root it thru TWRP immediately but with no success.
I updated the phone to Firmware version G991BXXS3AUJ7 because this is the latest version of android 11, i didnt want to update to the latest which is android 12.
After unlock the bootloader and reboot to download mode i did try to flash the provided files but it failed.
What could be the issue, is it the TWRP.tar and the Multidisabler.tar from the developer or is the firmware not supported?
View attachment 5476003
Hello, yes need to disable encryption then format.
* Your warranty is now void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
- Run multidisabler again!.
multidisableragain. will see
- Finished.when done.
You can flash apk
Vibration not working in twrp only, read more.I'm kinda casual, with haptic feedback not working do you mean the vibration motor in the phone stops working completely, or? I don't know what encryption not working means either.
I saw the same issues for the S20 FE.
Looking at both forums closely currently as I'm deciding which phone to buy dependent on which phone will have a better root experience.
Yes need to redo every step.Will this have to be done everytime there is a firmware update?? Or like other devices we can keep twrp and magisk when updating..
I currently have S20 which I dont have twrp on but can update new firmware and just reboot to odin after flashing new firmware and just flash patched boot.img and all is good. Will the S21 be the same