Development [CLOSED][RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S22 Ultra (Snapdragon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
@afaneh Do you have Dex working? Mine disconnects right after connecting with an error message. From other threads it seems this can be caused by twrp.

Screenshot_20220626-211229_Nova7.jpg

EDIT: This issue only occurs when trying to connect to my Samsung TV. Dex on PC works flawlessly. And my tablet can connect to my Tv, so it's not a TV problem. Also tried to connect phone in another TV and got the same issue.
I created a thread about it:

Last edited:

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
@afaneh Do you have Dex working? Mine disconnects right after connecting with an error message. From other threads it seems this can be caused by twrp.

View attachment 5649445

EDIT: This issue only occurs when trying to connect to my Samsung TV. Dex on PC works flawlessly. And my tablet can connect to my Tv, so it's not a TV problem. Also tried to connect phone in another TV and got the same issue.
I created a thread about it:
I dont have dex

GangXta

Feb 19, 2011
I have the SM-S908U1... I don't have the oem unlock option.... Is it because I'm on AVA6? And has anyone checked into dirty pipe method for root?

sanya6060@yandex.ru

Nov 10, 2015
Всем привет! У меня SM-S908E... Я знаю, что есть какой-то модуль для Magisk, мне нужно его прошить, чтобы сделать систему полностью читаемой (r/w).. помогите найти!!!

Hi all! I have SM-S908E... I know that there is some module for Magisk, I need to flash it so that the system is fully readable (r / w).. help me find it !!!

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Seeing as there this is a dev thread and there is no where else I can find with this topic; is there a place where emerging methods to root are being discussed? Such as the Galaxy store exploit and others? Looking for US Snapdragon. Telegram, whatsapp, is there anything? Also, is there an unlock service available for bootloader unlock like in the last?

I really miss TWRP and having more control over my device.

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
Seeing as there this is a dev thread and there is no where else I can find with this topic; is there a place where emerging methods to root are being discussed? Such as the Galaxy store exploit and others? Looking for US Snapdragon. Telegram, whatsapp, is there anything? Also, is there an unlock service available for bootloader unlock like in the last?

I really miss TWRP and having more control over my device.
US devices can be unlocked from S9 up to S21, check my sig.
And no unlock or root for US S22 yet and not allowed to discuss here there is a thread for exploits discussing but nothing usefull I heard of.

Reactions: xgerryx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy S22 Ultra S908E/S908N/S9080.

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Downloads for S22 Ultra: AFH: b0q twrp and kernel / Drive: b0q twrp and kernel
    3. Reboot to download mode
    4. Put the TWRP TAR for your device with Odin in the AP slot, vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in USERDATA slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo (Vol up + power + USB connected).
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    - Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.​
    - Reboot to recovery.​
    7. Flash custom kernel and magisk apk in twrp.
    8. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @ianmacd for multidisabler
    @Dan_FFM (David Dean) for helping with convert readonly f2fs vendor to readwrite
    Donators

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Once again, Mohammad works his magic
    Again the same old question; Sorry !

How to correctly update to the next base without wiping the user data (Keeping Root and TWRP) ?
    • Uninstall all magisk modules if have
    • Update firmare base with odin
    • Flash TWRP (including patched vbmeta) & Kernel (You can do this along with flashing stock firmware with USERDATA tab)
    • Straightway reboot to TWRP and run multidisabler from terminal
    • Reboot to system
    Done!
    IMPORTANT :
    * You must not reboot device to system before running multidisabler.
    * This is true only in case you already have TWRP+ Multidisabler ran on existing ROM. First time using TWRP with multidisabler, you must needs to format data.
    * I strongly recommend to make backup of your data though. Sometimes changes in base itself may not allow you to dirty flash (Thanks Samsung).