[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy Tab S6 (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
home.png
backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
Galaxy Tab S6 SM-T867, SM-T867U, SM-T867U1 and SM-T867W.

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
here

Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader.
2. Download Tab S6: gts6l.
3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
6. Disable encryption:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
8. Reboot to recovery.
9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
To disable encryption manually:
You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Support:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram group

Bugs:
- Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
@jesec for unlock guide
@ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
Kernel tree
Device tree

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sage and pierro78

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Changelog:
30.11.2021 - Update to TWRP 3.6.0
- Update multidisabler
25.01.2021 - Initial Release

Last edited:

Techguy777

On T865 LTE + TWRP + Android 11 doesn't boot. Tried everything nothing works
That's because this twrp is meant for 867 model you need the twrp. Here's what your looking for we already know it works people have used it. You have to stay plugged into pc after Odin flashing to boot into recovery on android 11 one ui. If you need anything let me know

Zer0Sense

Dec 8, 2013
No I used proper TWRP for T865 not this. I found no other place to ask how to make it work on android 11 and not get into bootloop

Techguy777

Idk, you cant test and see
Maybe I will, I found the restore on the S10 lite now. The way you said to slide the continue to restore made me unsure. I used to do everything and try it on devices but I quit doing that over the last 2 years because unfortunately almost everything doesn't work anymore. I thought if I swiped to restore it might start trying to flash my system without seeing my back ups and wipe my system out. Why after 5 years has it changed? Naturally I would assume it's not seeing my backups not that it's hidden. Than I read about people hard bricking their phones or tablets doing things that should work and it makes me nervous now. If I could buy a new flagship every year I wouldn't care I would try everything but the tab S6, S10 lite, and now poco F3 are the most expensive devices I've owned. So I'm not rolling in money.

My thoughts about this twrp is you made it for a mobile data unit not wifi. Well on the tab a they used the lte source code and it ruined the EFS partition. Because it's meant for lte and it screws up Bluetooth and EFS. Aside from that it did work as long as you didn't wipe EFS. So now I would have to risk my tab S6 to try. If it just bootloops I don't care

Techguy777

Ok I solved this with modified vbmeta_disabled in case somebody has the same problem.
So what twrp did you use for the LTE 865? There's the official 3.6.0 I'm hoping you were able to use that with vb meta disabled file. Could you explain in detail exactly what twrp from where and how you added the vb meta file or what you did. I would really appreciate it. If I can use the official with a vb meta disabled I would be happy thanks. Tell me how you used the vb meta file to

Techguy777

I really think your the only one that could make a twrp for the S6 860 wifi model because the other developer has deleted everything his files and his GitHub files with device tree and stuff. It's money is what it is developers rush out to be the first to make twrp and kernels for a top device in hopes of making money and then when it doesn't work out they just stop. That's what your doing to is unlocking bootloader's for money and than you want to make a twrp that way there's a reason to pay you to unlock the bootloader. If someone ask for ETAs or certain features it's always I do this for me and I do it for free and I don't want those features or I don't have the time there's the donations link. It's not for free it's for money that's why you guys make for devices you don't even own.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
I really think your the only one that could make a twrp for the S6 860 wifi model because the other developer has deleted everything his files and his GitHub files with device tree and stuff. It's money is what it is developers rush out to be the first to make twrp and kernels for a top device in hopes of making money and then when it doesn't work out they just stop. That's what your doing to is unlocking bootloader's for money and than you want to make a twrp that way there's a reason to pay you to unlock the bootloader. If someone ask for ETAs or certain features it's always I do this for me and I do it for free and I don't want those features or I don't have the time there's the donations link. It's not for free it's for money that's why you guys make for devices you don't even own.
Stop this useless off topics, If I worked on something there are two reasons. because its interesting for me.
Or someone paid for my time that I spend on interesting or challenging stuff.
I have a life too, I can say NO to you at some point.
So you cant push me to work on something even if you paid me or donated.

Top Liked Posts

Im thinking to report your post as spam too
    you can't.
    you can't.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy Tab S6 SM-T867, SM-T867U, SM-T867U1 and SM-T867W.

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
    here

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download Tab S6: gts6l.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Support:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram group

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @jesec for unlock guide
    @ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Will this work on 860 wifi model?
    You can try but not sure if it will boot.
    I will add support to WIFI model soon.
    you can't.