Development [CLOSED][RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy Z Fold4 (Snapdragon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
home.png
backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
Galaxy Z Fold4 F936B/F936N/F9360.

Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader.
2. Downloads for Z Fold4: AFH: q4q twrp and kernel / Drive: q4q twrp and kernel
3. Reboot to download mode
4. Put the TWRP TAR for your device with Odin in the AP slot, vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in USERDATA slot and click start.
5. Reboot to recovery (keep your eyes on the inner screen) via recovery key combo (Vol up + power + USB connected).
6. Disable encryption:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
- Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.​
- Reboot to recovery.​
7. Flash custom kernel and magisk apk in twrp.
8. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Bugs:
- Touch is working on outer screen
- Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
@ianmacd for multidisabler
@Dan_FFM (David Dean) for helping with convert readonly f2fs vendor to readwrite
@Conan179 for testing
Donators

Sources:
Kernel tree
Device tree

Last edited by a moderator:

白い熊

Aug 29, 2011
相撲道
Anyone flashed this? I'm loathe to format /data to find out it's not working, as I've got the phone well set-up.

Second question - on the Fold 3 when encryption was disabled via formatting /data in TWRP, the Dex would crash periodically, and sharing was malfunctioning: does Dex work perfectly here when /data formatted and encryption removed here on the Fold 4?

Denver3D

Apr 24, 2014
Jeddah
Hi I tried to install it and got bootloop on my samsung Fold 4, I mean the TWRP worked but it refuses to boot on the rom, I guess I'll wait for a custom OneUi rom :(

Denver3D

Apr 24, 2014
Jeddah
If you follow the instructions, would work. You flashed latest kernel?
I did follow the tutorial as shown and ofc I did flash the kernel, I got the latest version of Android 13 on my SM-F936B

The twrp works perfectly but idk if it's an issue caused by the kernel but the system refuse to get in, it's always on the bootloop

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
I did follow the tutorial as shown and ofc I did flash the kernel, I got the latest version of Android 13 on my SM-F936B

The twrp works perfectly but idk if it's an issue caused by the kernel but the system refuse to get in, it's always on the bootloop
Use the kernel on telegram.
Edit, finally androidfilehost uploaded the kernel you can check it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigchrizzieboy

Handymann007

Mar 10, 2019
Hello I occasionally get the message.....Access denied... Unauthorized changes have been made to you phone. To get help, contact Customer Service how can I set it or what do I have to do so that it is no longer displayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy Z Fold4 F936B/F936N/F9360.

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Downloads for Z Fold4: AFH: q4q twrp and kernel / Drive: q4q twrp and kernel
    3. Reboot to download mode
    4. Put the TWRP TAR for your device with Odin in the AP slot, vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in USERDATA slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery (keep your eyes on the inner screen) via recovery key combo (Vol up + power + USB connected).
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    - Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.​
    - Reboot to recovery.​
    7. Flash custom kernel and magisk apk in twrp.
    8. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Bugs:
    - Touch is working on outer screen
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @ianmacd for multidisabler
    @Dan_FFM (David Dean) for helping with convert readonly f2fs vendor to readwrite
    @Conan179 for testing
    Donators

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Hello , will this work on z fold 3 , and how , thanks is advance
    The title says Fold4!
    They just speedran releasing TWRP for Galaxy Zfold.
    They just released a well done TWRP that you will never seen on a samsung device
    Anyone, except JazonX, can confirm it works?

Sorry Dude, It's just me and @cooldude20000 here :lol: