[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][TWRP] For Sony Xperia T3 D5103 (seagull)

Search This thread

EmaMaker

Nov 21, 2016
Hi guys, I decided to start modding this smartphone, now that I have a computer capable of compiling in a few hours.
I ported TWRP 3.0, based on Omni 6.0 source to this device. There are a few things not working and I need other people's help and feedback.

READ FULL GUIDE AND NOTES BEFORE FLASHING!!!

-Necessary steps:
Unlock bootloader. Here's a guide from Sony

-How to install:
1)From computer, open a terminal (Linux and MacOS) or command prompt (Windows) where you saved the file (download below). (Linux And MacOS. On Linux you'll need to flash with sudo) or where you have the platform-tools (Windows)
2)Poweroff your phone.
3)Boot into bootloader by pressing Volume+ button while connecting the usb cable into the usb port (the usb cable has to be inserted into the computer's port too, to successfully boot into fastboot)
4)With unlocked bootloader, type fastboot flash recovery twrp_3.0.2-0-seagull-UNOFFICIAL.img, if you renamed the files, substitube "twrp_3.0.2-0-seagull-UNOFFICIAL.img" with your file name or the directory where you saved the file.
5)When you see the OK message from fastboot, disconnect your phone.
6)Press Power, Volume+ and Volume- untile the phone vibrates.
7)Release Volume+ key. When you see the Sony logo appear, wait 3-4 seconds and then release Power button.
8)You should see TWRP bootscreen after a few seconds

-What's working:
Almost all. I could succesfully flash GApps and Root packages from this recovery, Backup, Restore and Wipe partitions. Settings work fine. Terminal and File manager work.

-What's NOT working:
Can't read files MicroSD or USB-OTG, can't browse in them and can't wipe. Investigating about it.

-Download:
(GDrive) Version 3.0.2-1
(AFH) Version 3.0.2-1

-Source and guide to build:
https://github.com/EmaMaker/device-sony-seagull/tree/twrp-3.0

Changelog:
30/04/2018: I think I fixed the screen problem by using the Lollipop kernel instead of the Marshmellow one

Thanks Everyone:eek::eek:

Last edited:

EmaMaker

Nov 21, 2016
What do you mean with "isn't operating normally"? The screen only displays coloured bands? If so, it should have be fixed, maybe only the download link is wrong. Tell me, I'll fix in a minute

What do you mean with "isn't operating normally"? The screen only displays coloured bands? If so, it should have be fixed, maybe only the download link is wrong. Tell me, I'll fix in a minute
Yes, sorry for not being more specific xD, I'm indeed getting the white-grey bands on screen.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

It's possible it's the lollipop kernel that's to blame, since I've had the same problem with other lollipop builds.

EmaMaker

Nov 21, 2016
Try the one from AFH. I really don't know why. The 3.0.2-1 version works on both my two seagulls

goosnarrggh

Jul 25, 2016
Does this build require an updated bootloader to allow access to the "recovery" partition?
I've got a T3 with a successfully unlocked bootloader, but fastboot gives an error (something about a missing partition table) when I try flashing anything to recovery.

Google tells me that Sony released an updated bootloader some time ago which ought to make a recovery partition available, but I cannot find any active links or instructions for downloading and installing it anywhere,

EmaMaker

Nov 21, 2016
Don't know

Does this build require an updated bootloader to allow access to the "recovery" partition?
I've got a T3 with a successfully unlocked bootloader, but fastboot gives an error (something about a missing partition table) when I try flashing anything to recovery.

Google tells me that Sony released an updated bootloader some time ago which ought to make a recovery partition available, but I cannot find any active links or instructions for downloading and installing it anywhere,

One of my two seagulls came back from assistance and I tried to flash TWRP on it without any problems. I don't know if it had an updated bootloader or what, but the firmware was stock

In order to flash recovery, you first need to download and install the Emma flashtool and restore your phone through it. That will add a recovery partition so you can flash twrp. (The Emma flash tool supports only the D5103 model of the T3 as far as I know)

Hi guys, I decided to start modding this smartphone, now that I have a computer capable of compiling in a few hours.
I ported TWRP 3.0, based on Omni 6.0 source to this device. There are a few things not working and I need other people's help and feedback.

-Necessary steps:

-How to install:
1)From computer, open a terminal (Linux and MacOS) or command prompt (Windows) where you saved the file (download below). (Linux And MacOS. On Linux you'll need to flash with sudo) or where you have the platform-tools (Windows)
2)Poweroff your phone.
3)Boot into bootloader by pressing Volume+ button while connecting the usb cable into the usb port (the usb cable has to be inserted into the computer's port too, to successfully boot into fastboot)
4)With unlocked bootloader, type fastboot flash recovery twrp_3.0.2-0-seagull-UNOFFICIAL.img, if you renamed the files, substitube "twrp_3.0.2-0-seagull-UNOFFICIAL.img" with your file name or the directory where you saved the file.
7)Release Volume+ key. When you see the Sony logo appear, wait 3-4 seconds and then release Power button.

-What's working:
Almost all. I could succesfully flash GApps and Root packages from this recovery, Backup, Restore and Wipe partitions. Settings work fine. Terminal and File manager work.

-What's NOT working:
Can't read files MicroSD or USB-OTG, can't browse in them and can't wipe. Investigating about it.

-Download:
(GDrive) Version 3.0.2-1
(AFH) Version 3.0.2-1

Changelog:
30/04/2018: I think I fixed the screen problem by using the Lollipop kernel instead of the Marshmellow one

Thanks Everyone:eek::eek:

Hi :)

I'm playing with my old Xperia T3 recently and I was able to unlock bootloader and install your TWRP on my device. I'm able to boot into recovery with the method you described. But since my power buton is in a quite bad condition, I'm looking for another way to boot into twrp. I rooted my Xperia with Magisk and I tried to enter recovery from it, but the phone just rebooted. The same happend when I tried to enter recovery from terminal. What can be the cause? Is there any other reliable way to boot into your twrp?

Cheers :)

EmaMaker

Nov 21, 2016

I'm playing with my old Xperia T3 recently and I was able to unlock bootloader and install your TWRP on my device. I'm able to boot into recovery with the method you described. But since my power buton is in a quite bad condition, I'm looking for another way to boot into twrp. I rooted my Xperia with Magisk and I tried to enter recovery from it, but the phone just rebooted. The same happend when I tried to enter recovery from terminal. What can be the cause? Is there any other reliable way to boot into your twrp?

Maybe you can try by holding down the volume down button when rebooting, it may work.
In other case, I think the only option is fixing the button

Best regards :)

Maybe you can try by holding down the volume down button when rebooting, it may work.
In other case, I think the only option is fixing the button

Best regards :)
Oh, thx for your reply, I didn't expect it really after so many days :D This method doesn't work, unfortunately. But I won't bother fixing the power button, actually Ive just being using my old Xperia for testing purposes only. But thank you anyway :):good:

Regards

Sent from my mido using XDA Labs

sushil lad

Jun 17, 2017
Boot loop

my device is d5102 xperia t3
So i followed these steps as per instructed after unlock boot loader.
i got ok message from fastboot
but now its not booting up
and not even boot into recovery ( i tried to boot into recovery mode as per the steps but each time it just vibrate 3 times and then after 2 seconds again it will vibrates 3 times , i don't get even sony logo or boot screen or error)
device dead ? :(

completely help less , please help if possible !:crying:

Reactions: buknoyburikat
and not even boot into recovery ( i tried to boot into recovery mode as per the steps but each time it just vibrate 3 times and then after 2 seconds again it will vibrates 3 times , i don't get even sony logo or boot screen or error)

Sorry bro, I don't own this device anymore and I truly don't remember the procedure... :(

Sent from my SM-T720 using XDA Labs

buknoyburikat

Jun 28, 2021
Boot loop

same me too :(

how that's

Nov 25, 2023
Sony Xperia T3
hey bro is

-Necessary steps:

-How to install:
2)Poweroff your phone.

-What's working:

-What's NOT working:

-Download:
(GDrive) Version 3.0.2-1
(AFH) Version 3.0.2-1

Changelog:

Thanks Everyone:eek:

is this twrp working well and if install will be damage my phone ?

thanks advanced bro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In order to flash recovery, you first need to download and install the Emma flashtool and restore your phone through it. That will add a recovery partition so you can flash twrp. (The Emma flash tool supports only the D5103 model of the T3 as far as I know)
    Boot loop