[RECOVERY] - [UNOFFICIAL] TWRP gauguin - Dhollmen

Search This thread

tuxafgmur

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2013
Spain
Thank you for your work!
Decryption problem, Before updating to latest rom: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro5G_MI10TLite_V13.0.10.0.SJSCNXM_v13-12
Decryption worked, rom updated with error mounting cache partition. after wiping cache and calvik, decryption is lost. had no lock pattern before, tried adding and removing pin, still no decryption.

Edit: Tried wiping internal storge, now i cannot access it from inside the rom...

During the process of updating the rom, it is this who has the control, TWRP does not interact at all.

When you downloaded the Rom, did you check its MD5?

The rest of what you indicate I think is unrelated to TWRP.
After updating the rom is NOT necessary or convenient to do a wipe of Dalvik or /Cache.

On the other hand, if you wipe the internal storage, it is the same as doing a factory reset. All your data is erased.

I have looked just now and there are 290 downloads. So far nobody has reported any issues with this update.

Why didn't you do the update by OTA, from the rom?

carabot

Jun 1, 2016
hello
I tried to flash even from internal archive I always give zip error.
I would not like the error to be due to the Rom maybe has some compression error
I tried to do with ota gave me the same error

egor27

Mar 19, 2013
Did a clean install of latest xiaomi.eu recovery firmware, decryption ok, ran updater, downloaded and installed, decryption is lost, no "unable to decrypt" error, just:

Running recovery script...
Done.
Full SELinux support is present.
MTP Enabled

Last edited:

tuxafgmur

Feb 10, 2013
Spain
Did a clean install of latest xiaomi.eu recovery firmware, decryption ok, ran updater, downloaded and installed, decryption is lost, no "unable to decrypt" error, just:

Done.
MTP Enabled

I don't know what your problem might be.

I think you should enter TWRP and do a FORMAT (not wipe) on the /DATA partition.

It looks like your /data partition has something wrong with it. That will erase your data again and you will have to configure again.

If this way doesn't solve it, you should install the latest fastboot release, starting completely from scratch and then upgrade again.

egor27

Mar 19, 2013
flashed stock fastboot, flashed twrp, format data, flashed recovery xiaomi.eu -no decryption, same as before no error just:
Done.
MTP Enabled

tuxafgmur

Feb 10, 2013
Spain
flashed stock fastboot, flashed twrp, format data, flashed recovery xiaomi.eu -no decryption, same as before no error just:
Done.
MTP Enabled

I think we are misunderstanding each other:
Twrp here has no influence because it doesn't fail.

As a last resort I suggest you:

1) Download xiomi.eu 13.0.6.0 fastboot rom.
2) Enter to fastboot mode and Install it using FIRST TIME command.
3) Reboot to system and do the minimum configuration to get to desktop.
4) Test with Twrp WITHOUT INSTALLING it, without wiping, without formatting and without touching anything;
Redownload Twrp zip file​
Extract recovery.img from Twrp 3.6.2.1C .zip file​
Enter fastboot mode.​
Execute: fastboot boot recovery.img
5) If you can see the files and directories in /data for now everything should be OK.
6) Reboot the system and set a PIN.
7) Test Twrp again (WITHOUT INSTALLING)
8) It should ask for the PIN. If it does and you can see the files and directories in /data, everything is still OK.
9) Now, Install TWRP via fastboot:
Enter fastboot mode.​
Execute: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
10) Reboot to system and test all is OK
11) Reboot to recovery mode and check that everything is still OK (without touching anything).
12) Update to xiaomi.eu 13.0.10.0 release (by OTA preferably)

I insist: during all these process, don't do neither wipe nor format.

Doing this long, long way, step by step as I describe, everything should be fine, as it is the case with the rest of users.

Last edited:

egor27

Mar 19, 2013
I will do as above, what i did try so far is installing stock and EU rom (12.5 and above)., all via fastboot, the flashing TWRP, all decrypted fine, the moment i move to the latest recovery EU 13.0.10.0, decryption is lost without error.

Will try the above , I was wondering, as last resort, since it does seem to be ok for flashing the recovery rom, does it matter if user data is encrypted, since it is the system that is being written to?

Last edited:

tuxafgmur

Feb 10, 2013
Spain
I will do as above, what i did try so far is installing stock and EU rom (12.5 and above)., all via fastboot, the flashing TWRP, all decrypted fine, the moment i move to the latest recovery EU 13.0.10.0, decryption is lost without error.

Will try the above , but was wondering, as last resort, just for flashing, as it does seem to work, is this issue a problem? yes all use data is encrypted, but it is the system that is being written to...

I don't know.

I have suggested doing it that way to be sure of the accuracy of the process.
We have to keep in mind that it does not happen to others and we are not one or two, we are several hundred.

Twrp has nothing to do with this problem.

If this fails, you will have to address it in the xiaomi.eu forum.

egor27

Mar 19, 2013
Ok went through all the process, everything is ok up to the reboot after installing the recovery EU 13.0.10.0.
I did further testing by flashing recovery stock rom 13.0.4 over clean sfastboot stock 12.5.9 , decryption is fine
, i am guessing the issue is somehow with the rom itself. thank you for your help, and guidance!

Last edited:

tuxafgmur

Feb 10, 2013
Spain
Ok went through all the process, everything is ok up to the reboot after installing the recovery EU 13.0.10.0.
I did further testing by flashing recovery stock rom 13.0.4 over clean sfastboot stock 12.5.9 , decryption is fine
, i am guessing the issue is somehow with the rom itself. thank you for your help, and guidance!

@egor27:

After what was explained in our last posts, I was thinking about and then contacted another user who had already upgraded to 13.0.10.0, to check if he had a correct decryption. As soon he confirmed his device was not decrypted, I proceeded to follow the steps recommended to you, going from weekly to 13.0.10.0 stable.

Indeed, when I reboot after upgrading to last releaase, my /data directory can''t be decrypted either.
Being in Twrp after upgrading, everything is still fine but as soon as reboot to system, the device works correctly but Twrp can no longer decrypt.

I ' m going to finish setting up and recovering data and get to work on the issue.
I hope to find something soon.

Reactions: ad927vn

ad927vn

Apr 26, 2014
I am wondering what did the xiaomi.eu team use to install version 13.0.10.0 on gauguinpro to work properly? What TWRP version?

egor27

Mar 19, 2013
Thanks god, i am not loosing my mind (yet anyhow), i did run similar posts at the EU forum , but no help from there as such. I do hope you will be able to fix this.

@ad927vn as far as i can tell this is the only TWRP out there for our device, maybe they are using home cooked version for inhouse testing.

Last edited:

tuxafgmur

Feb 10, 2013
Spain
I am wondering what did the xiaomi.eu team use to install version 13.0.10.0 on gauguinpro to work properly? What TWRP version?

This one, since there is no other.
Even if tomorrow we have to install a new release (say 13.0.15.0) there wouldn't be a problem because the update doesn't touch /data at all.

When I switched to 13.0.10.0, as already knew what I was looking for, verified the problem happens when the system boots for the first time after the new release is installed..
I was clear it wasn't TWRP problem. Installing the update I was able to verify it.
So, something has changed in the Rom

Now. I have to figure out what change has been made and adjust Twrp to work with it.

Reactions: ad927vn

tuxafgmur

Feb 10, 2013
Spain
Thanks god, i am not loosing my mind (yet anyhow), i did run similar posts at the EU forum , but no help from there as such. I do hope you will be able to fix this.

@ad927vn as far as i can tell this is the only YWRP out there for our device, maybe they are using home cooked version for inhouse testing.

I just saw the response you got. Let's continue here.

Will start the work tonight. As soon as I know something ...

Reactions: ad927vn and egor27

egor27

Mar 19, 2013
I hope you'll find a way to communicate with the EU developers, for us "commoners" it's not so easy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New release available.

Twrp 3.7.0.3F Miui - 2022.11.25

Since 3.6.2_2E release:

In line with latest twrp.me 3.7.0 updates
    Solved xiaomi.eu last stable release 13.0.11.0 issue.
    More minor adjustments.
    I concluded that custom roms (without Miui) are unable to decrypt /data with this recovery.
    Checking LineageOS and ArrowOS, it seems that they use a different encryption mode than Miui.
    I haven't found how to check on Twrp booting what encryption mode /data uses and adjust to it.
    Therefore, I have uploaded another release for non Miui devices.

However, it is likely the Miui variant will work correctly on the rest.

Twrp 3.7.0.3F Not Miui - 2022.11.25
    Not tested by myself, I don't know if it decrypts fine.
    same effect, it doesn't ask for a PIN thus it doesn't decrypt the data partition.

I assume that neither the test one nor the Miui variant works.
    I downloaded that Rom yesterday to give it a look and, in my opinion, it should work with the Miui variant.
    I have noticed that on some devices with Miui, depending on the release in which /data was formatted is different the right recovery.
    I've, for now, no other solution and can't install ArrowOS to experiment. :(
    Disclaimer:

The use and installation of this software product is at the exclusive responsibility of the user.​
    I am not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device resulting from the use of this software.​
    This software product is "as is". Its first goal is to allow the xiaomi.eu Rom be installed via recovery.​
    If you have any doubts regarding the above lines, you should not use or install it.

Recovery:

Unofficial release 3.7.0 for Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite and Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G devices.
    Version : 3.7.0.3F
    Release Date : 2022.11.25
    Features:
    Android 12 decryption​
    Android 13 decryption (Not tested by myself)​
    Flashing​
    Adb​
    Otg (Not tested by myself)​
    Mtp​
    Backup / Restore to / from microSD​
    Backup / Restore through adb​
    Sideload​
    Device boot Logo changer​
    Magisk tools and theme from @ Brigudav (Not tested by myself)​

Note:
    I concluded that custom roms (without Miui) are unable to decrypt /data with this recovery.
    Checking LineageOS and ArrowOS, it seems that they use a different encryption mode than Miui.
    I haven't found how to check on Twrp booting what encryption mode /data uses and adjust to it.
    Therefore, I have uploaded another release for non Miui devices.
    Can't tested by myself, I don't know if it decrypts fine.
    However, it is likely the Miui variant will work correctly on the rest.

Downloads:

Installation:

Updating this Twrp release:
    Downloaded to phone:
    Click on Install and locate the .zip file.
    Downloaded to PC (no need to copy it to the phone):
    On phone:
    start install via ADB (sideload).
    On PC execute:
    adb sideload file_name.zip

Try without installing: (does not alter the phone unless you want to do)
    Extract recovery.img from .zip file downloaded
    Enter fastboot mode.
    Execute:
    fastboot boot recovery.img

Installing this for the first time:

Your bootloader must be open.
    Extract recovery.img from downloaded .zip file.
    Enter fastboot mode
    Execute:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Credits:
    New release 3.6.2.1B uploaded

In addition to some other minor changes,
    fixed decryption on xiaomi.eu weekly.
    New release 3.6.2.1C uploaded

Format: Zip file to install from TWRP.

Some reviews.

Since xiaomi.eu rom replaces boot Logo on global devices, showing "Redmi"
    this release includes options to switch logo between "MI" and "Redmi".

Each has two versions to choose from:

1 - Factory stock.
    2 - Like stock but hiding the padlock shown when bootloader is open.
    New release available.

Twrp 3.6.2.2D - 2022.10.03

Solved xiaomi.eu last stable release 13.0.10.0 issue.
    Including Chinese and Japanese languages.
    Removed some useless directories.
    Some minor adjustments.