[CLOSED] [RECOVERY] [UNOFFICIAL] [TWRP] [OnePlus 8T] [OOS13] [3-28-23]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

apophis9283

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
@apophis9283 full ROM backup and restore confirmed working on EvoX the newest build. I even had it back up my internal storage the entire backup was close to 170 GB and restored flawlessly even with magisk module is not disabled. My screen lock pin wasn't disabled either. As soon as I went and put in a lock screen with a pin number my fingerprints and face unlock came back. You are a wizard! Thank you very much! When I say full ROM backup I did everything besides persist basically. Forgot to mention two it was super fast! The fastest I've ever had a backup restore!
Thank you for the compliment kind sir. Please do not forget about team TWRP or the work that I used from other folks development is really community driven.

mal13

Jan 9, 2010
Has anyone tested/used on LOS20?? Los twrp is ok but it has it's limitations so i'm looking for better. Specially if backup/restores would faster.

RainGater

Aug 5, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Give it a shot. Let me know if you have any issues.
I tried your TWRP (twrp-3-.img) on kebab running OOS 13 (F.13) to flash OOS 13 (F.15) and had issues flashing the build. I tried both adb sideload and flash within TWRP and it never completes and hangs mid-way. Had to click the X button at the top to get out of the flash and F.15 didn't boot after that.

FWIW, had to MSM back to A11 and later flashed F.15 using Local Upgrade within OOS.

apophis9283

Staff member
I tried your TWRP (twrp-3-.img) on kebab running OOS 13 (F.13) to flash OOS 13 (F.15) and had issues flashing the build. I tried both adb sideload and flash within TWRP and it never completes and hangs mid-way. Had to click the X button at the top to get out of the flash and F.15 didn't boot after that.

FWIW, had to MSM back to A11 and later flashed F.15 using Local Upgrade within OOS.
@BillGoss are you aware of any issues like this?

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
I tried to help a guy with KB2003 variant to flash from a custom ROM to OOS 13 and it didn't work. He was using EvoX already on f.15 FW. I can't recall the exact error now, but it must be something within OOS I'm thinking. After the flash it just kept booting to the bootloader. Ended up just using MSM to get him going again though. He was using a Mac though. Had to borrow a laptop from a friend with Windows for MSM.

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
@BillGoss are you aware of any issues like this?
I tried to help a guy with KB2003 variant to flash from a custom ROM to OOS 13 and it didn't work. He was using EvoX already on f.15 FW. I can't recall the exact error now, but it must be something within OOS I'm thinking. After the flash it just kept booting to the bootloader. Ended up just using MSM to get him going again though. He was using a Mac though. Had to borrow a laptop from a friend with Windows for MSM.

apophis9283

Staff member
I have to figure out why OOS isn't flashing properly.

apophis9283

Staff member
I decided to try installing KB2003 F15 using the full image zip from https://xdaforums.com/t/oneplus-8t-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4193183/
Since I am currently on F15 only the full version can be used.
The install failed. I've attached logs. Hopefully they'll show what the problem is.
After a quick peek I see this,
Failed to parse build number in post-build-incremental=R.GDPR.c7db26_70_71.
Package is for product OnePlus8T but expected ossi

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
After a quick peek I see this,
Failed to parse build number in post-build-incremental=R.GDPR.c7db26_70_71.
Package is for product OnePlus8T but expected ossi
So I checked which properties have a value of OnePlus8T and created a script to set these properties using resetprop and then tried installing the zip again, but that also failed.
Maybe TWRP or update_engine is looking for it in a specific place?
Script and recovery log attached.

Attachments

• props-log.zip
    14 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Natakranta

apophis9283

Staff member
So I checked which properties have a value of OnePlus8T and created a script to set these properties using resetprop and then tried installing the zip again, but that also failed.
Maybe TWRP or update_engine is looking for it in a specific place?
Script and recovery log attached.Ill check into
This is a testing build, treat it as such.

Reactions: Natakranta

KrazyKlutt

Jul 30, 2014
I was wondering if one could do
flashboot boot [recovery].img , load into TWRP, see and if it's working like the developer said. AND do a backup without actually flashing ie. flashboot flash recovery.img?

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Can i somehow install it in device?
Without PC or anything
I have root with custom a13 rom Pixel Experience
Using root in a terminal session (I use Termux) find the active slot suffix: getprop ro.boot.slot_suffix
Then install the TWRP image using [/icode]dd if=<TWRP image> of=/dev/block/by-name/recovery<active slot suffix>[/icode]

For example, on my phone (I'm on slot b) the command would be: dd if=/sdcard/TWRP-12-3.7.0-apo-230119.img of=/dev/block/by-name/recovery_b

However, the simplest (and recommended) way is to install the TWRP installable zip as a Magisk module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts