• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL]TWRP Recovery Project 3.5.2 Micromax IN 1 (E6746)

Search This thread
images.jpeg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

*/Your warranty is now void.
We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or recoverys, kernels.
You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers./*

FLASH GUIDE
1. Unlocked your bootloader
2. Download twrp-3.5.2-e6746.img
3. Run this Following commands
1. adb reboot bootloader
2. fastboot --disable--verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
3. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.2-e6746.img
4. fastboot reboot recovery
DOWNLOAD
Device Tree

Working
• Decryption
• fastbootd
• MTP & ADB

Bugs
• spam me in support group
• Tell me

Support group
here

Credits
• TEAM WIN FOR TWRP
• @ZanGhoul in TG
• and @uknowndevice in TG

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
if I could temporarily install any custom recovery - problem is solved - Nandroid backup and adb pull. Problem is it keeps going back to stock recovery & i dont want to flash TWRP unless I back up stock recovery. Any thoughts ?

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
Not in stock firmware sir? The stoc recovery.img?
I meant I tried .... fastboot boot <thisTWRPfile>.img after running vmeta and it will still boot into stock recovery. If I boot in stock recovery - adb shell will not run cos stock recovery does not support it. Problem is there isnt so far stock firmware available , so if I mess up and no backup - I have to run to service center and more $

I meant I tried .... fastboot boot <thisTWRPfile>.img after running vmeta and it will still boot into stock recovery. If I boot in stock recovery - adb shell will not run cos stock recovery does not support it. Problem is there isnt so far stock firmware available , so if I mess up and no backup - I have to run to service center and more $
MICROMAX IN 1 E6746 http://mtk-p.micromaxinfo.com/product/E6746/Software/India/MMX_E6746_SW_V10.0._HW_V1.0_20210416.zip

Reactions: sieger007

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
TWRP installed fine . OTG works. Now the other 3 letter problem .....OTA.
I got notification that update is available. It wont install via TWRP.

How do I install OTA. wrt THis guide .... this phone does not seem to fit ( this isn't A/B phone type A phone ) . WHat do I do ? restore stock recovery and boot and then restore TWRP and boot.patch.img ? Any clue ?

Last edited:
TWRP installed fine . OTG works. Now the other 3 letter problem .....OTA.
I got notification that update is available. It wont install via TWRP.

How do I install OTA. wrt THis guide .... this phone does not seem to fit ( this isn't A/B phone type A phone ) . WHat do I do ? restore stock recovery and boot and then restore TWRP and boot.patch.img ? Any clue ?
I don't think so if possible to use twrp in ota update, but you can use twrp for flashing recovery rom ( stock recovery rom)

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
I don't think so if possible to use twrp in ota update, but you can use twrp for flashing recovery rom ( stock recovery rom)

I don't know what are the exact criteria for successful OTA update from a vague idea I think it check whether there is original boot and recovery image otherwise says no
in that case would flashing this DM verify no encrypt module remove this checking and after installing this we should be able to to install periodic OTA updates

or as a long-term procedure every time I have to install OTA I have to restore original boot and recovery or should I just restore recovery 🤔

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
as follow up - I could install OTA by restoring stock r'y . There isn't a need to restore boot. You can keep it this way or else if TWRP is restored the same proc ought to repeat before the next OTA.
I am attaching stock boot and recoveries here in case they could be of use.
Boot-recovery--mmx1

as follow up - I could install OTA by restoring stock r'y . There isn't a need to restore boot. You can keep it this way or else if TWRP is restored the same proc ought to repeat before the next OTA.
I am attaching stock boot and recoveries here in case they could be of use.
Boot-recovery--mmx1
Nice thank you so much! You can also join in micromax in 1 group in telegram

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
Update : it never worked. I thought it did but that update notice sprung and it wanted to do it all over again. I restored stock recovery. No Luck OTA's keep failing. I then restored stock Boot after removing magisk . Still got veriification error. My BL is unlocked. What does it take to get my OTA zip file working.... do I flash dm verify force encrypt . Why does it refuse. Should BL be locked as well anyone have luck push OTA update after rooting IN 1

Top Liked Posts