[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][TWRP] Samsung M51 TWRP 3.4.0 (Stable)

Search This thread

hoshos2006

Sep 7, 2012
kuwait city
i successfully rooted the phone with twrp as mentioned here.
UNFORTUNATELY , the latest stock firmware i installed is different from my country and there is limited features and network issues,
my country firmwere version is older than the one installed on my phone .

tried to install by odin , but it give me failed and can't install it.
any help please ???

bekirakil

• May 27, 2020
    Nevermind, I just had to reboot into lineageOS then back to TWRP after and then I could flash Gapps. For some reason samsung stock OS has barely any storage left in the root directory. I had about 1.5 GBs free storage in root directory on LineageOS.

Do you recommend that I switch to LineageOS btw? Or should I wait for a more stable version/another ROM?
    I tried it one week and i thing you should wait a bit for more stable updates.

bekirakil

• May 27, 2020
    i successfully rooted the phone with twrp as mentioned here.
    UNFORTUNATELY , the latest stock firmware i installed is different from my country and there is limited features and network issues,
    my country firmwere version is older than the one installed on my phone .

tried to install by odin , but it give me failed and can't install it.
    any help please ???
    Can you send me the error code and log?

msurg

Nov 1, 2009
    I am using Indian ROM for some reason. I installed TWRP and Magisk with the help of this thread and using my phone without any problem for awhile.

Now there is an update for India (M515FXXU2BUA3) which my phone keeps asking me to update. The size of the update is around 220 MB.

Should I update? Could I do this without loosing TWRP and Magisk or will I install both of them after the update again?

Any clues?

CapMothy

Feb 8, 2021
    I am using Indian ROM for some reason. I installed TWRP and Magisk with the help of this thread and using my phone without any problem for awhile.

Now there is an update for India (M515FXXU2BUA3) which my phone keeps asking me to update. The size of the update is around 220 MB.

Should I update? Could I do this without loosing TWRP and Magisk or will I install both of them after the update again?

Any clues?

I don't think it's possible to install, I'd say wait for bekirakil to reply.

aero2zero

Aug 24, 2016
    Dunavarsány

Any clues?

Just did this at the weekend. I downloaded the whole system update (my phone needs the German version) using Frija, installed it with Odin, and then reinstall TWRP, Magisk after that. (I got backup, so I put back the data partition later.) It was a long process, but worth it.

Last edited:

msurg

Nov 1, 2009
    Just did this at the weekend. I downloaded the whole system update (my phone needs the German version) using Frija, installed it with Odin, and then reinstall TWRP, Magisk after that. (I got backup, so I put back the data partition later.) It was a long process, but worth it.

Thanks for writing your experience.
    I will probably try OTA not the whole firmware going the same way. First backup, then install OTA and then reinstall TWRP and Magisk.

bekirakil

• May 27, 2020

Any clues?
    You can install it over smart switch on pc. But you aren't able yo install over phone. After update you have to install twrp and magisk again.

Reactions: msurg

hadilangit

Mar 15, 2020
    Hello bekirakil. I am facing the following problem.

I Installed the BUA1 Firmware and after that I used your method for installing TWRP and Magisk Root but after installation i only have 32GB Storage. I Installed again BUA1 Firmware and it is working fine with 128GB Storage.

So i thing there is a problem with the TWRP.ZIP or Multidisabler or DM-Verify. Can you please help me.

bekirakil

• May 27, 2020
    Hello bekirakil. I am facing the following problem.

I Installed the BUA1 Firmware and after that I used your method for installing TWRP and Magisk Root but after installation i only have 32GB Storage. I Installed again BUA1 Firmware and it is working fine with 128GB Storage.

So i thing there is a problem with the TWRP.ZIP or Multidisabler or DM-Verify. Can you please help me.
    You have to format over phone settings after you flashed dm verify and than it will boot to twrp click wipe -> format data and type yes than it will be fixed.

Reactions: Rijanrijan

ga11ga11

Jun 19, 2014
    UNOFFİCİAL TWRP RECOVERY 3.4.0

**ATTENTİON**

I'm not responsible for any bricked device.

Bugs
    - Data encryption doesn't working. But I found a way to mount data. Follow my steps to mount data permanently.
    - I couldn't find any other bugs. You'll tell me.

How to unlock your Bootloader?

**THİS WILL FORMAT YOUR DATA**

1- Go to Settings --> About Phone --> Software Information and click 7 times build number.

2- Now turn back to settings and pull down. You will see the Developer Options. Enable OEM Unlock and Usb Debbuging.

3- Now turn off your phone.

4- Hold [Vol Up + Vol Down] buttons and connect your phone to your pc while you are holding the buttons.

5- You will see a green screen. Hold the Vol Up button until an confirmation screen comes up and then only press Vol Up (Don't hold it again).

Now your phone will format itself and your bootloader will be unlocked !!!

INSTALLATION
    (Before the installation you must unlock your bootloader)

1-
    Download the attached files.(Extract Odin,TWRP and USB Driver from the zip and install the samsung usb drivers)

2- Download your stock rom from the download button for a clean install.
    (Extract the files too)

DOWNLOAD STOCK
    (If you don't want to make a clean install you can skip to step 7 and format internal storage and data over twrp before installing the zips.)

3- Reboot your phone into bootloader (Press Vol Up + Vol Down Connect your phone and after it booted press again Vol Up)

4- Go to odin and click on the AP button and select your extracted AP (example: AP_M515FXXU1BTK4........_.tar.md5)
    The verification will take a while be patient.

5- Now match the other files with BL CP and CSC

Leave Userdata blank.
    Don't select HOME_CSC and delete this file otherwise twrps data mount won't work.

6- Press start and wait. NOW YOU MUST BE QUICK. After "Super" HOLD ONLY [Vol Up + Vol Down] until your phone reboots. It will take a while wait please. After it boots again into bootloader press Vol Up.

7- Now go to odin click AP, select Twrp.tar and press start . You must be quick again. Enter recovery after install before your phone reboots normal. Otherwise mount data on twrp won't work.

8- Now copy the files (Disable_Dm_verity.zip,Magisk.zip,multidisabler.zip) onto your sdcard or over mtp to your device. Install first Disable_Dm_Verity.zip and multidisabler.zip. Then install Magisk.zip. At last Install Disable_Dm_verity.zip again.

9- Reboot your phone and after it boots install MagiskManager.apk for root.

10- Enjoy it.

Backup your data before installing.

If you have any problems tell it me I'll help you.

If you want you can donate :)

Paypal(EUR): Donate

View attachment 5170035

Paypal(US): Donate

View attachment 5170037

BITCOIN KEY:

xpub661MyMwAqRbcFh8eA5BSesBNmKMAtFPpvP1wSrK53JmpPsKhQ5MwMwD64EyCjHEcCTiXmb3tD4TPUz2VpbfXDptc6QVew9H2x8ddQNdsiS4

After weeks I succeed fixing mount the dynamic partition and data. Now I'll work more on my miui project stay on.

Change Log:

Multidisabler 3.1 update
    -Stable and compatible

Stable 2 -30th December 2020
    -Fix mount Odm
    -Fix backup Super Partition

Stable 1 - 26th December 2020
    -Fix dynamic super partition mounting
    -Fix File Manager
    -Find a way to mount data partition correctly
    -Fix MTP
    -Other stuff

Beta 1 - 14th December 2020
    - Fix mount external sdcard
    - Fix screen overlay

Alpha 1 - 9th December 2020
    - Inital Release

Thanks to
    - @Zackptg5 for Disable_Dm_Verity_Forceencrypt
    - @firemax13 for his source
    - @LahKeda for his source
    - @geiti94 for his source
    please root galaxy m51 android 11 rom ! https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-m51/firmware/SM-M515F/SER/download/M515FXXU2CUB7/1493940/

Last edited:
    Reactions: bekirakil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi, the recovery works, it creates a backup correctly, that's what I cared about the most, thank you for your work.(y)
      UNOFFİCİAL TWRP RECOVERY 3.4.0

**ATTENTİON**

I'm not responsible for any bricked device.

Bugs
      - Data encryption doesn't working. But I found a way to mount data. Follow my steps to mount data permanently.
      - I couldn't find any other bugs. You'll tell me.

How to unlock your Bootloader?

**THİS WILL FORMAT YOUR DATA**

1- Go to Settings --> About Phone --> Software Information and click 7 times build number.

2- Now turn back to settings and pull down. You will see the Developer Options. Enable OEM Unlock and Usb Debbuging.

3- Now turn off your phone.

4- Hold [Vol Up + Vol Down] buttons and connect your phone to your pc while you are holding the buttons.

5- You will see a green screen. Hold the Vol Up button until an confirmation screen comes up and then only press Vol Up (Don't hold it again).

Now your phone will format itself and your bootloader will be unlocked !!!

INSTALLATION
      (Before the installation you must unlock your bootloader)

1-
      Download the attached files.(Extract Odin,TWRP and USB Driver from the zip and install the samsung usb drivers)

2- Download your stock rom from the download button for a clean install.
      (Extract the files too)

DOWNLOAD STOCK
      (If you don't want to make a clean install you can skip to step 7 and format internal storage and data over twrp before installing the zips.)

3- Reboot your phone into bootloader (Press Vol Up + Vol Down Connect your phone and after it booted press again Vol Up)

4- Go to odin and click on the AP button and select your extracted AP (example: AP_M515FXXU1BTK4........_.tar.md5)
      The verification will take a while be patient.

5- Now match the other files with BL CP and CSC

Leave Userdata blank.
      Don't select HOME_CSC and delete this file otherwise twrps data mount won't work.

6- Press start and wait. NOW YOU MUST BE QUICK. After "Super" HOLD ONLY [Vol Up + Vol Down] until your phone reboots. It will take a while wait please. After it boots again into bootloader press Vol Up.

7- Now go to odin click AP, select Twrp.tar and press start . You must be quick again. Enter recovery after install before your phone reboots normal. Otherwise mount data on twrp won't work.

8- Now copy the files (Disable_Dm_verity.zip,Magisk.zip,multidisabler.zip) onto your sdcard or over mtp to your device. Install first Disable_Dm_Verity.zip and multidisabler.zip. Then install Magisk.zip. At last Install Disable_Dm_verity.zip again.

9- Reboot your phone and format data over settings to fix the 32GB storage bug.

10- After the format progress install MagiskManager.apk for root.

11- Enjoy it.

Backup your data before installing.

If you have any problems tell it me I'll help you.

If you want you can donate :)

Paypal(EUR): Donate

QR-Code.png

Paypal(US): Donate

QR-Code (1).png

BITCOIN KEY:

xpub661MyMwAqRbcFh8eA5BSesBNmKMAtFPpvP1wSrK53JmpPsKhQ5MwMwD64EyCjHEcCTiXmb3tD4TPUz2VpbfXDptc6QVew9H2x8ddQNdsiS4

1608944570013.png

After weeks I succeed fixing mount the dynamic partition and data. Now I'll work more on my miui project stay on.

Change Log:

Multidisabler 3.1 update
      -Stable and compatible

Stable 2 -30th December 2020
      -Fix mount Odm
      -Fix backup Super Partition

Stable 1 - 26th December 2020
      -Fix dynamic super partition mounting
      -Fix File Manager
      -Find a way to mount data partition correctly
      -Fix MTP
      -Other stuff

Beta 1 - 14th December 2020
      - Fix mount external sdcard
      - Fix screen overlay

Alpha 1 - 9th December 2020
      - Inital Release

Thanks to
      - @Zackptg5 for Disable_Dm_Verity_Forceencrypt
      - @firemax13 for his source
      - @LahKeda for his source
      - @geiti94 for his source
      For some reason, OTG flash drives doesn't seem to work
      Im building an aospa rom after i build it i will turn back to my ofox and twrp projects to fix some issues.
      Samsung Galaxy M51 SM-M515F is updated up to Android 11 (SER-M515FXXU2CUB7-20210304183754)
      Please update your TWRP.
      No need to update twrp, it already works with android 11...
      Here's lineage 18.1 if you wanna try it https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-10-0-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-for-samsung-m51.4243187/
      Wipe data and internal storage and flash your stock rom over Odin again.

D̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶?̶

Never mind, I tried wiping data and internal storage from TWRP at first and it didn't work, so I tried a factory reset in the phone's settings and THEN it worked. Thank you for the help, we appreciate you a lot.
      Thank you. Finally succeeded.

On my last phone there are data, boot and system partitions in TWRP to back up.
      In M51 I am a bit confused. Which one(s) should I back up?
      Boot, data and super

Super is a 2020+ device thing. Super itself contains system, vendor, product and odm images all together.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone