• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] Unofficial TWRP

Search This thread

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
This is an unofficial port of TWRP for the OnePlus 3

Downloads:

https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=Grarak&dl=Grarak/oneplus3/recovery.img

Sources:

https://github.com/Grarak/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3
https://github.com/Grarak/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996

Installation:

Download the recovery image and make sure your bootloader is unlocked
reboot into fastboot and execute

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Known issues:

Mouse pointer is hovering in the middle of the screen all the time, doesn't affect usability.
I am not sure if OTG works right now, last time I tried it didn't.
Everything else is working including decryption!

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP OnePlus 3, Tool/Utility for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
Grarak

Version Information

Created 2016-06-18
Last Updated 2016-06-18

~MaX~

Dec 31, 2010
hello, i have problems copying my old files to my new OP3 and i think it might have something to do with the encrypted storage on the new phone. (when i copy my files to the phone, the last modified date changes to the current date and i want to keep the correct timestamps)
how can i decrypt the data partition in twrp?

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
hello, i have problems copying my old files to my new OP3 and i think it might have something to do with the encrypted storage on the new phone. (when i copy my files to the phone, the last modified date changes to the current date and i want to keep the correct timestamps)
how can i decrypt the data partition in twrp?

TWRP will either automatically decrypt your data or ask for your password.

jpswer

Apr 6, 2010
Awesome! I hope OTG can be sorted soon :) Thanks for all your efforts Grarak

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

ant_thomas

Feb 25, 2007
After flashing SuperSU in TWRP and doing a factory reset/wipe, how long should it take the OP3 to boot?

I feel like I've been stuck on the 1+ Powered by Android screen for far too long.

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort

I have a problem with that recovery. Every time after I restore a backup I have made with that recovery my phone starts up and the unlock pattern is not valid anymore.
I have that now for the third time. Do you have a fix for that?

Edit: Fixed the pattern. But there is something wrong with that recovery. Please fix that :)

Last edited:

Kiray1982

Dec 17, 2010
I have a problem with that recovery. Every time after I restore a backup I have made with that recovery my phone starts up and the unlock pattern is not valid anymore.
Edit: Fixed the pattern. But there is something wrong with that recovery. Please fix that :)
i have the same issue^^ after restoring any rom, my pin / my pattern isn't valid anymore.

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin

From Nexus 6P guide - 4. How To Make A Nandroid Backup With TWRP Recovery:
Note: If you happened to forget to remove lockscreen security (PIN/Pattern/Fingerprint) before creating your backup, and you cannot get into your OS after restoring, you can do the following to fix the issue. Boot into TWRP and use the built in file manager to delete /data/sytem/locksettings.db. This should be enough to get you into your OS again. If it isn't you can also try deleting /data/system/locksettings.db-shm and /data/system/locksettings.db-wal. If this still doesn't fix your issue you can delete /data/system/gatekeeper.password.key and /data/system/gatekeeper.pattern.key.
I had to do it few times when I was restoring nandroid with pattern secured lock screen.

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
Did anybody try to
fastboot boot recovery.img
it?
It's not booting this way. I wanted to just boot it from PC and make a nandroid of all partitions including stock recovery.

Bradl79

May 25, 2008
J'Ville
i had the pattern issues too, luckily when i made the 1st initial back up of 3.1.0 i didn't have a key, b/c when i flashed 3.1.3 full zip xposed does not work, so i had restore my 3.1.0 nandroid and dirty flash the 3.1.3 after i installed xposed.

so in other words if u clean flash the 3.1.3 zip via TWRP i cannot get xposed to work

Reactions: Planet X

P1f

Sep 20, 2010
Bucuresti
After updating to full OxygenOS 3.1.3 I can no longer flash this recovery does anyone have any suggestion ?
I try just like before but when I want to reboot into recovery from the OS it says "Factory device reset....rebooting"
And then it boots into OnePlus recovery :(

target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (17776 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.398s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.136s]
finished. total time: 0.536s

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

I was finally able to boot into recovery using "fastboot boot" and flash SuperSU like this but now I am still on stock recovery.

Good thing is that this way i hope to receive the next OTA so till then I will probably try and stay this way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Downloads:

https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=Grarak&dl=Grarak/oneplus3/recovery.img

Sources:

https://github.com/Grarak/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3
    https://github.com/Grarak/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996

Installation:

Download the recovery image and make sure your bootloader is unlocked
    reboot into fastboot and execute

Code:

Known issues:

Mouse pointer is hovering in the middle of the screen all the time, doesn't affect usability.
    I am not sure if OTG works right now, last time I tried it didn't.
    Everything else is working including decryption!

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP OnePlus 3, Tool/Utility for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    Grarak

Version Information

Created 2016-06-18
    Last Updated 2016-06-18

From Nexus 6P guide - 4. How To Make A Nandroid Backup With TWRP Recovery:
    Note: If you happened to forget to remove lockscreen security (PIN/Pattern/Fingerprint) before creating your backup, and you cannot get into your OS after restoring, you can do the following to fix the issue. Boot into TWRP and use the built in file manager to delete /data/sytem/locksettings.db. This should be enough to get you into your OS again. If it isn't you can also try deleting /data/system/locksettings.db-shm and /data/system/locksettings.db-wal. If this still doesn't fix your issue you can delete /data/system/gatekeeper.password.key and /data/system/gatekeeper.pattern.key.
    I had to do it few times when I was restoring nandroid with pattern secured lock screen.
    My guess is, everyone is busy compiling stuff... It's not even a Month out and we already got a variety of custom OS out and a few recoverys.

I think we are doing good. So give the developers some air to breathe...

Gesendet von meinem OnePlus 3
    Is there another source for this besides Basketbuild? I have never been able to download anything from there. It always times out. There must be a better way.
    Aaahm... Flash the official TWRP. https://twrp.me/devices/oneplusthree.html
    After updating to full OxygenOS 3.1.3 I can no longer flash this recovery does anyone have any suggestion ?
    I try just like before but when I want to reboot into recovery from the OS it says "Factory device reset....rebooting"
    And then it boots into OnePlus recovery :(

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

I was finally able to boot into recovery using "fastboot boot" and flash SuperSU like this but now I am still on stock recovery.

Good thing is that this way i hope to receive the next OTA so till then I will probably try and stay this way.
    I flashed the 3.1.3 "OTA" with this recovery using adb sideload. Recovery stayed, system updated. However it did break the ability to restore stock. To restore, you have to run restore as normal, then reboot into recovery and install via side load again. Recovery and all data stays in tact.
    There is a setting that for some reason I can't seem to find, I thought it was in Developers Options about not using the stock recovery... if that isn't checked you will revert back to stock every boot... I'm a little verklempt that I can't find it!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    I know this was an option on the 1+1 (last phone), but I thought it was directly related to cyanogen OS in order to easily revert back to different ROM. Maybe not, idk. Just shooting some random thoughts around. All I know for sure is it isn't an option on stock oxygen 3.1.3

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk