Code:
/*
*Disclaimer
* Your warranty is now void.
* We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/
Introduction

Pitch Black Recovery is a fork of TWRP with many improvements to make your experience better. It's more flexible & easy to use.

This particular build is based on the amazing work done by the PBRP team and Joyeuse devs with some little changes to get it working on Curtana.

This build is really experimental so flash at your own risk.
However, the main use cases are fully covered as the most important functions of the recovery are working correctly.

Working
  • Data decryption
  • Flash
  • Wipe and format data
  • Backup and restore

Bugs
  • ADB sideload
  • Flashing Magisk results in bootloop: if you want to use Magisk you can patch a "boot.img" file from Magisk Manager and then flash that img to the Boot partition from recovery.
  • The recovery always asks for encryption password, even if the device is not encrypted: if your device is not encrypted just press cancel and it will work just fine.
  • Error 7 when flashing a ROM: check that System, Vendor and Product partitions are not mounted in the Mount section of the recovery before flashing a ROM.

Changelog
  • Updated to the new 3.0 UI
  • Language selection now works properly
  • Timezone selection now works properly

• Initial Build

Downloads

Source Code

Last edited:

kheno

May 24, 2007
Hey,
great work!
thanks!

I saw on github you changed that version from joyeuse to curtana.
Would you be able to compile a joyeuse version too for all the joyeuse owners?
Add it here too and change the title [curtana-joyeuse]? ;)

I've unpacked your version and changed build.prop and repacked.
It's working beautifully on my joyeuse_eea device.

It is the only version that:
- does not lock touch after wake up
- can decrypt
- is not closed source as LR-twrp
- backup works

So great work!

PS: have no clue howto compile myself, otherwise I would have tried that path :)

end222

Dec 17, 2016
Hey,
great work!
thanks!

I saw on github you changed that version from joyeuse to curtana.
Would you be able to compile a joyeuse version too for all the joyeuse owners?
Add it here too and change the title [curtana-joyeuse]? ;)

I've unpacked your version and changed build.prop and repacked.
It's working beautifully on my joyeuse_eea device.

It is the only version that:
- does not lock touch after wake up
- can decrypt
- is not closed source as LR-twrp
- backup works

So great work!

PS: have no clue howto compile myself, otherwise I would have tried that path :)

Hi!

dungphp already did a version of PBRP for joyeuse that you can download here:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682886707

On the other hand PBRP devs are working on a official device tree for joyeuse, but as far as I know there are still no official builds. You can check their progress here:
https://github.com/PitchBlackRecoveryProject/android_device_xiaomi_joyeuse-pbrp

kheno

May 24, 2007
Hey,

Thanks for the info.
For some reason the version of dungphp did not backup the existing install.
Can't remember the actual error.
Another version was 3.4.0 and did not decrypt.

So i stated looking into altering different curtana versions.
The LR twrp is closed source and locks up touch after waking up from sleep.

This version works flawlessly for me. 

I will track the progress of the official build.

Many thanks!

Aimbot91

Aug 7, 2012
Valjevo
@end222 after flashing joyeuse version of recovery, recovery booted fine but internal storage folders have random names and no files in them, also backup dont work with error that folders dont exist or something like that, also phone didn't been able to boot system after installing recovery.I needed to reflash stock firmware to fix system.Any ideas?

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
You shouldn't have installed any recoveries because they are in alpha phase.
You can install some roms by using factory recovery and fastboot.

Yoss Roness

Jan 8, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
Flashing Magisk results in bootloop: if you want to use Magisk you can patch a "boot.img" file from Magisk Manager and then flash that img to the Boot partition from recovery.
If I flash the patched boot image, will it be fully rooted or will my device get bricked by file mangers like other's in the forum have mentioned?

end222

Dec 17, 2016
If I flash the patched boot image, will it be fully rooted or will my device get bricked by file mangers like other's in the forum have mentioned?

It should work just fine. I've been using the recovery as a daily driver ever since I released the build and I've flashed Magisk using that method several times, all of them successfully.

keiner99

Jan 12, 2017
is it safe to install this recovery over lr-twrp? i don't want to reinstall my whole phone :D btw. thanks for this project!!

trinity_user

Apr 10, 2009
how you guys install ROMs? i did everything described in Bugs Section... unmount system, vendor, product.
press cancel and ignore encryption password.
then i try to install mi-globe rom and get error 256 because system partition is unmounted

Timmiotool

Apr 3, 2016
how you guys install ROMs? i did everything described in Bugs Section... unmount system, vendor, product.
press cancel and ignore encryption password.
then i try to install mi-globe rom and get error 256 because system partition is unmounted

I have the same issue with miglobe Rom it endet up in System unmounted and Read Only... After that only flash the original Rom with MiFlash fixed this.
With the EU ROM everythings OK.

I have the Issue with LRTWRP to.

I think the Script from MIGlobe ROM that run after flash the .zip - doest work with the unoficial TWRP Versions for now...

trinity_user

Apr 10, 2009
I have the same issue with miglobe Rom it endet up in System unmounted and Read Only... After that only flash the original Rom with MiFlash fixed this.
With the EU ROM everythings OK.

I have the Issue with LRTWRP to.

I think the Script from MIGlobe ROM that run after flash the .zip - doest work with the unoficial TWRP Versions for now...

sounds logical to me. hm and its possible to fix this? @end222

vivacarvajalito

Apr 8, 2015
Method installation

Thanks for the recovery, in the post initial no have installation explication, is "fastboot flash recovery filename.img" the best method? Or fastbootd? I just unlocked the bootloader. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction

Pitch Black Recovery is a fork of TWRP with many improvements to make your experience better. It's more flexible & easy to use.

This particular build is based on the amazing work done by the PBRP team and Joyeuse devs with some little changes to get it working on Curtana.

This build is really experimental so flash at your own risk.
    However, the main use cases are fully covered as the most important functions of the recovery are working correctly.

Working
    • Data decryption
    • Flash
    • Wipe and format data
    • Backup and restore

Bugs
    • ADB sideload
    • Flashing Magisk results in bootloop: if you want to use Magisk you can patch a "boot.img" file from Magisk Manager and then flash that img to the Boot partition from recovery.
    • The recovery always asks for encryption password, even if the device is not encrypted: if your device is not encrypted just press cancel and it will work just fine.
    • Error 7 when flashing a ROM: check that System, Vendor and Product partitions are not mounted in the Mount section of the recovery before flashing a ROM.

Changelog
    • Updated to the new 3.0 UI
    • Language selection now works properly
    • Timezone selection now works properly

• Initial Build

Downloads

Source Code

Updated to 20200730:
    - New 3.0 UI
    - Language selection works well now
    - Timezone selection works fine as well
    Thanks for the recovery.

Which boot image should I patch and then flash?

You have to patch the image of the ROM you're using. To get it just extract the ROM's zip and you'll see it
    Hi can someone explain to me how I install PBRP for the first time in curtana I already have the bootloader unlocked but PBRP recovery can't find it in .img for flash in fastboot mode then I want to install a custom rom