[Recovery][v3.0.0][Curtana] Unofficial PBRP Recovery

Search This thread

end222

Dec 17, 2016
Thanks for the recovery, in the post initial no have installation explication, is "fastboot flash recovery filename.img" the best method? Or fastbootd? I just unlocked the bootloader. Thanks.

Yes, that's the command you have to use. Fastbootd is only used for dynamic partitions (system, vendor and product).

pbamoney

Mar 6, 2013
Does anyone know how to fix Data error 255? i can back up and restore everything else but data.

GiantJack

Feb 15, 2014
Does anyone know how to fix Data error 255? i can back up and restore everything else but data.
same here just wanted to make a backup and test other rom but data wont backup btw same error in TWRP:
Code:
Backups of Data do not include any files in internal storage such as pictures or downloads.
set encryption mode to 127
Breaking backup file into multiple archives...
I:Creating backup...
I:Creating tar file '/external_sd/PBRP/BACKUPS/89f7fbe0/2020-09-04--04-16-39_QQ3A200805001_test-keys/data.f2fs.win000'
I:addFile '/data/bootchart' including root: 1
  ==> set selinux context: u:object_r:bootchart_data_file:s0
fscrypt_policy_get_struct::fep->version::0
failed to lookup fscrypt tar policy for '/data/bootchart' - 'e9d8ac4f26ec7505'
I:Error adding file '/data/bootchart' to '/external_sd/PBRP/BACKUPS/89f7fbe0/2020-09-04--04-16-39_QQ3A200805001_test-keys/data.f2fs.win000'
Error creating backup.
I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
Error creating backup.
I:InfoManager saving '/external_sd/PBRP/BACKUPS/89f7fbe0/2020-09-04--04-16-39_QQ3A200805001_test-keys/data.info'
createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.

pbamoney

Mar 6, 2013
same here just wanted to make a backup and test other rom but data wont backup btw same error in TWRP:
Code:
Backups of Data do not include any files in internal storage such as pictures or downloads.
set encryption mode to 127
Breaking backup file into multiple archives...
I:Creating backup...
I:Creating tar file '/external_sd/PBRP/BACKUPS/89f7fbe0/2020-09-04--04-16-39_QQ3A200805001_test-keys/data.f2fs.win000'
I:addFile '/data/bootchart' including root: 1
  ==> set selinux context: u:object_r:bootchart_data_file:s0
fscrypt_policy_get_struct::fep->version::0
failed to lookup fscrypt tar policy for '/data/bootchart' - 'e9d8ac4f26ec7505'
I:Error adding file '/data/bootchart' to '/external_sd/PBRP/BACKUPS/89f7fbe0/2020-09-04--04-16-39_QQ3A200805001_test-keys/data.f2fs.win000'
Error creating backup.
I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
Error creating backup.
I:InfoManager saving '/external_sd/PBRP/BACKUPS/89f7fbe0/2020-09-04--04-16-39_QQ3A200805001_test-keys/data.info'
createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.

Yep. i had TWRP and the same error appears, i don't want to keep factory resetting the rom everytime haha.

Anonda

Oct 10, 2016
DHAKA
Sorry to say, not asking about Eta,
But no update till 30.07.20
Is the development running?

Thanks for you work.

kgoerbig

Jun 13, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi Note
Redmi Note 9
I have RROS-Q-8.6.1-20200928-curtana-Official installed on my 9S. I overwrote LRTWRP with PBRP. I was successfully able to do a full backup, wipe/format, and recover the backup perfectly just as it was. Thanks for the work. It will save me a ton of time if anything happens to the data.

*Edit*

After I wiped and installed a new ROM, wiped again, and attempted to restore my backup, restoring failed with error 7.

Last edited:

genkaku03

Mar 1, 2018
I got a bootloop

I got a bootloop after press reset in recovery, when I try to turn on my phone the screen turns on and then turns off can't join to fastboot or recovery, hope u can help me guys :c

1weirdFish

Apr 12, 2019
Toronto
After I flashed Evo-X 4.7, the Fingerprint scanner doesn't work, I saw a FP scanner in Tools section of Recovery and tried to install it, it says some files can't be found on SDcard, where can I download the file? Will flash it in Recovery fix my FP issue?

Thanks.

Fish.

Last edited:

1weirdFish

Apr 12, 2019
Toronto
How do you patch the boot.img? I installed Magisk Manager and patched the boot.img, then boot into PitchBlack and choose install, and patched boot.img then selected "Boot" partition. Wiped Dalvik and Cache. Now the phone stucks at Evolution X splash screen forever.

Should I flash the patched boot image using fastboot method? I found this online: "fastboot flash boot magisk-patched.img".

1weirdFish

Apr 12, 2019
Toronto
How do you patch the boot.img? I installed Magisk Manager and patched the boot.img, then boot into PitchBlack and choose install, and patched boot.img then selected "Boot" partition. Wiped Dalvik and Cache. Now the phone stucks at Evolution X splash screen forever.

Should I flash the patched boot image using fastboot method? I found this online: "fastboot flash boot magisk-patched.img".

Nvm, fastboot worked. Next task is to find information (documentation / howtos) about PitchBlack Tools items.

1weirdFish

Apr 12, 2019
Toronto
Flash PBRP by zip file that included PB tools
or fastboot recovery.img then download, extract, copy PBRP folder to sdcard: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675572399

Thank you very much! I will give a try. Do you know where I can find information about what each item is for? For example, there is a "FP Scanner" in Tools, will it install FP Scanner for PitchBlack recovery or will it install FP Scanner for ROM (I am using Evolution X 4.7 and FP Scanner is not working)?

I tried to google how to do backup / restore with PitchBlack, but can't find anything. The backup screen is different than that of Twrp, with lots of partitions, which partitions I should backup for a successful restore?

lucasymax

Apr 16, 2019
veracruz
Hi can someone explain to me how I install PBRP for the first time in curtana I already have the bootloader unlocked but PBRP recovery can't find it in .img for flash in fastboot mode then I want to install a custom rom

Reactions: savinjo22
Oct 20, 2013
I have a very noob question, but I installed PBRP because I was getting a "Your device has been destroyed" message or something like that and I was having trouble installing any other recovery. After I installed PBRP I was able to boot back into the Android 11 GSI ROM I'm running, but I haven't been able to boot back into fastbootD to install another system.img. So, my questions is do you know what I could do to either:

A. Boot back into fastbootD by way of using PBRP or reverting back to stock recovery somehow?​
or​
B. Install a GSI ROM system.img via PBRP?​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction

Pitch Black Recovery is a fork of TWRP with many improvements to make your experience better. It's more flexible & easy to use.

This particular build is based on the amazing work done by the PBRP team and Joyeuse devs with some little changes to get it working on Curtana.

This build is really experimental so flash at your own risk.
    However, the main use cases are fully covered as the most important functions of the recovery are working correctly.

Working
    • Data decryption
    • Flash
    • Wipe and format data
    • Backup and restore

Bugs
    • ADB sideload
    • Flashing Magisk results in bootloop: if you want to use Magisk you can patch a "boot.img" file from Magisk Manager and then flash that img to the Boot partition from recovery.
    • The recovery always asks for encryption password, even if the device is not encrypted: if your device is not encrypted just press cancel and it will work just fine.
    • Error 7 when flashing a ROM: check that System, Vendor and Product partitions are not mounted in the Mount section of the recovery before flashing a ROM.

Changelog
    • Updated to the new 3.0 UI
    • Language selection now works properly
    • Timezone selection now works properly

• Initial Build

Downloads

Source Code

Updated to 20200730:
    - New 3.0 UI
    - Language selection works well now
    - Timezone selection works fine as well
    Thanks for the recovery.

Which boot image should I patch and then flash?

You have to patch the image of the ROM you're using. To get it just extract the ROM's zip and you'll see it
    Hi can someone explain to me how I install PBRP for the first time in curtana I already have the bootloader unlocked but PBRP recovery can't find it in .img for flash in fastboot mode then I want to install a custom rom