[RECOVERY] xRecovery-mini 0.1-beta | INITIAL RELEASE | 18/12/2010

Search This thread

inouext

May 5, 2011
When i try to copy the 3 files from xrecovery to system/bin it say " you cannot past here because the file system is read-only"
How can i change this permission ?
Suggestions ?
Thanks

Last edited:

marinos2009

Mar 22, 2011
Paphos
HI guys!!! I have root my phone and i install all apps for xrecovery. BUT when i copy the 3 files on system/bin the files, these are not in the folder! What is the problem.. can anyone help me?

rahulrockzz3

Jun 19, 2011
visakhapatnam
This is a custom recovery for Xperia X10 mini/pro based on Cyanogen's recovery source.
Credits and special thanks to everyone involved in Cyanogenmod project!

Thanks to:

ruotal for framebuffer fix!
zoz33 for his apk installer!

DaRk_dOg peetr_ Zocker Tko for alpha testing!

83577576.png
10792783.png

How?
Press BACK button few times right after white SE logo appears.

Controls:
Use VOLUME-UP and VOLUME-DOWN to browse, HOME to select, BACK to go back.

Features:

• ADB root shell
  • Reboot
  • Install update.zip from SD Card
  • Factory reset (full wipe)
  • Wipe cache partition
  • Install custom zip
  • Backup and Restore
  • Partition tools
    • Mount/unmount partitions
    • Format partitions
    • Mount as USB Storage
  • Advanced options
    • Wipe Dalvik cache
    • Wipe battery stats
    • Fix permissions for apps (FC fix)

Automatic Installation (recommended):
To be announced

Manual Installation:
- Download and unpack the recovery package
- use Root Explorer to remount /system rw
- copy the content of the package (3 files) into /system/bin folder

Notes:
Please bear in mind that it's not the regular android recovery (we cannot replace recovery image without cracked bootloader). Instead, the boot hijacking is used to start recovery mode. You still need basic files on your /system partition to use this. NEVER use the "format /system" option (it's there only to check if anyone reads this long, boring note).

This recovery is NOT tested for compatibility with app2sd! Use at your own risk.

This recovery WILL be used to flash custom roms easily.

DO NOT reinstall busybox. Recovery depends on it's particular busybox version.

Requirements:
1. Phone must be rooted
2. Busybox from the market installed

Changelog:
0.1-beta: Initial release

Download:

xRecovery-mini-0.1-beta
hey plze help me>>>>>>>

i rooted my x10 mini and copied all the three

1.busybox
2.chargemon
3.xrecovey.tar

but i can't go to recovery mode after tuning on and pressing back button at sony ericsson symbol.............pze hep me.........

FF23

Jul 3, 2011
I found the solution!!! If you rooted your phone properly and also copied the xrecovery files to your /system/bin folder, but still can't get into xrecovery by using the back button, then it's because the xrecovery files have the wrong permission and are not allowed to be executed by the kernel.

To fix the problem you simply need to adjust the security attributes of all 3 freshly copied files (busybox, charger and chargemon) so they can be executed. They will most likely look like

rw- rw- rw-

but that's not correct as they're not allowed to be executed. You need to change them to look like

rwx r-x r-x

The way you can alter the security attributes / permissions depends on your file manager, but for ex. in ES File Explorer you will need to hold down your finger on the file, and when the popup menu appears, you need to select Properties, and then the Change button.

After altering the security attributes simply reboot your phone again, and this time the back button will works as expected and if held down will take you to the xrecovery menu.

Reactions: dr_hargers

dam2sekc

Apr 18, 2011
sydney
Help - cant boot into revovery mode after Xrecovery installed

Hi all, I have been trying to install Xrecovery on my x10 mini, and either Im not doing something right, or its not working for me at all.

I have followed all steps to a t, and havent been able to boot into recovery after following all the steps.

Any help you can give will be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance Fabz

gopiann

Aug 2, 2011
Bangalore
hi i want my xperia x8 to froyo or ginger bread. my kernel version 2.6.29 baseband 015.
i used superoneclick v1.9.1to root my device i got message as root successful and i copied updated.zip to sdcard and i restarted my mobile but im not able to enter into
boot menu.
can u help me to update plz

thnks in advance

Square Root

Jun 28, 2011
Land Below The Wind
So, this works on Xperia X8 too?
Found this thread from here.
So basically what I have to do is:
1) Put the package and unzip/unpack in my sdcard
2) Browse to /system folder and click 'Mount R/W' in Root Explorer.
3) Copy all the files which I unzipped/unpacked earlier to the /system folder.
That's all? Am I doing it right?
I'm truly sorry if my post is annoying or considered as spam. I just want to make sure as this is my first time doing this.
Anyways, thanks in advance.

EDIT:
It works on my Xperia X8.
Thanks.

Last edited:

ales007

Sep 28, 2009
Hi all ,

i have an X8 ,i've rooted it with superoneclick ,it's all fine. then i used flashtool to install xrecovery,all is okey ,and xrecovery works well i think,the problem is that i am not sure if busybox is instaled,when i try busybox from market,it says that there is no busybox detected on the phone.
i thought that xrecovery can't work without busybox,can someone please explain me that ,it's weird in my opinion that busybox installer doesn't detect busybox .

Last edited:

larsn84

Apr 15, 2009
Aarhus
androidtips.mono.net
Hi

Ive been helping out a friend with root and recovery, and we have copied the 3 files into system/bin and busybox is installed and the guide is followed to the letter.

But we are having troubles getting into recovery. Been googling, youtube'ing and so on, and now matter how many times we tried tapping that back button, the recovery doesn't show...

I read somewhere that you have to reboot and then wait for the SE logo, but how do you reboot? when phone is on and pressing the power button, we only get the option to shut down, no reboot option. :confused:

We tried turning it off and then on again, and tapping the s*** out of that back button

what to do?

thanks in advance :)

DamDSx

Aug 13, 2011
Use the .apk installer, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=914271

Rebbot is the same as powering down and staring up, it just does it automatically, instead of having to turn on the phone after it powers down.

Also, superoneclick installs busybox automatically when it is done rooting. If your version doesnt, download the latest one.

Last edited:

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
busybox?????

hey can someone tell me what busybox is for. i should actually know this since i rooted my xperia x8 and did lots of research but i am still clueless
someone, anyone plz reply

funky_uncle

Sep 3, 2011
Could the OP please add that xRecovery won't work if you unzip it with WinZip? You'll have to use 7zip. I searched for ages before I realized that was the problem. It appears WinZip corrupts the files somehow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a custom recovery for Xperia X10 mini/pro based on Cyanogen's recovery source.
    Credits and special thanks to everyone involved in Cyanogenmod project!

Thanks to:

ruotal for framebuffer fix!
    zoz33 for his apk installer!

DaRk_dOg peetr_ Zocker Tko for alpha testing!

83577576.png
    10792783.png

How?
    Press BACK button few times right after white SE logo appears.

Controls:
    Use VOLUME-UP and VOLUME-DOWN to browse, HOME to select, BACK to go back.

Features:

• ADB root shell
    • Reboot
    • Install update.zip from SD Card
    • Factory reset (full wipe)
    • Wipe cache partition
    • Install custom zip
    • Backup and Restore
    • Partition tools
      • Mount/unmount partitions
      • Format partitions
      • Mount as USB Storage
    • Advanced options
      • Wipe Dalvik cache
      • Wipe battery stats
      • Fix permissions for apps (FC fix)

Automatic Installation (recommended):
    To be announced

Manual Installation:
    - Download and unpack the recovery package
    - use Root Explorer to remount /system rw
    - copy the content of the package (3 files) into /system/bin folder

Notes:
    Please bear in mind that it's not the regular android recovery (we cannot replace recovery image without cracked bootloader). Instead, the boot hijacking is used to start recovery mode. You still need basic files on your /system partition to use this. NEVER use the "format /system" option (it's there only to check if anyone reads this long, boring note).

This recovery is NOT tested for compatibility with app2sd! Use at your own risk.

This recovery WILL be used to flash custom roms easily.

DO NOT reinstall busybox. Recovery depends on it's particular busybox version.

Requirements:
    1. Phone must be rooted
    2. Busybox from the market installed

Changelog:
    0.1-beta: Initial release

Download:

xRecovery-mini-0.1-beta
    Thank you sir!

:D:D:D

YOU ROCK!

D_d
    OMG, am I seeing right?! Awesome!!! I didn't think it was possible :-O well done sir/s, well done :D

Now we just need to wait for a update.zip file to flash ;)
    OMG, am I seeing right?! Awesome!!! I didn't think it was possible :-O well done sir/s, well done :D

Now we just need to wait for a update.zip file to flash ;)

You could try backup option though.. No more SEUS! Just restore through the recovery!
    ;):D:D
    :-O you're right man! I'll definitely try it now :D I have apps2sd enabled so I dont know the outcome, so say I try to install this whilst apps2sd enabled, is there any way it could totally brick my device?

Nope! App2sd restored perfect on me!