Recovery

Search This thread

GhostAssassin

Feb 9, 2014
Download flashify from the play store in flashify go 1 recovery image, 2 download twrp, 3 choose twrp 2.8.1.1

Don't download the one that says zip

Sent from my SM-N910P using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
There aren't any specific instructions for flashing TWRP recovery and CF-auto root. I think it's because most people know how to do this already. Basically since the Sprint Note 4 has an unlocked bootloader you can simply reboot into Download mode and flash these zips using Odin. Another good way to get some better instructions is to do a Google or Youtube search. Just make sure you type "Sprint Note 4 root" or "Sprint note 4 recovery" in your search query so you know you'll get results specific for your device.

Reactions: timberwolf671

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
There aren't any specific instructions for flashing TWRP recovery and CF-auto root. I think it's because most people know how to do this already. Basically since the Sprint Note 4 has an unlocked bootloader you can simply reboot into Download mode and flash these zips using Odin. Another good way to get some better instructions is to do a Google or Youtube search. Just make sure you type "Sprint Note 4 root" or "Sprint note 4 recovery" in your search query so you know you'll get results specific for your device.
Sorry for asking what on the surface would seem simple to some as an easy question one should already know. Over years I have made and released a half dozen roms on different phones. And each one had it's own little quirks for obtaining root or loading a recovery system. And BTW, thanks for not flaming me for again what would appear to be simple method everyone should aldeady know.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
When I first got my new Note 4 I had the exact same concerns as you do about rooting and flashing the recovery. From what I read early on, you want to flash the CR-auto root first, then the TWRP recovery. Both using Odin on your PC. But I will give you a heads up. When you root the phone all will be fine, it's not until you flash the custom recovery and flash a stock rooted rom that you will lose the Wi-Fi calling setting and the toggle for it as well as the sprint boot animations. My stock rooted rom has this stuff fixed. Hybrid Edition is my rom focused towards people who want a stock looking rom.

I would like to take this time to ask if you would download my rom and give it a theming overhaul? That would be awesome. That's if you feel like it or even have the time.

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Thank you for the additional info, this is one of those little bits of info that u can spend hours reading and still not find. Or after spending those hours the information may not sink in.

At this point i am still on the fence about rooting on this phone. After getting a hard brick on the HTC EVO LTE and having to buying one full price because i couldn't wait the repair down time. I move rather slower this days before I made the root leap. Once I do take the leap, rest assured your rom is the one I will use and theme. I HATE ANDROID GREEN!

devdude

Jan 5, 2008
Illinois
Some Links I Used

Thank you for the additional info, this is one of those little bits of info that u can spend hours reading and still not find. Or after spending those hours the information may not sink in.

At this point i am still on the fence about rooting on this phone. After getting a hard brick on the HTC EVO LTE and having to buying one full price because i couldn't wait the repair down time. I move rather slower this days before I made the root leap. Once I do take the leap, rest assured your rom is the one I will use and theme. I HATE ANDROID GREEN!

Here are some links I used, rooted the same day I got the device :)

root; http://galaxynote4root.com/galaxy-note-4-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-4/
root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55865442&postcount=3
recovery: http://teamw.in/twrp_view_all_devices
recovery: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/266

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area

If you decide, an even easier method, is to just Odin the latest TWRP, and flash the SuperSU zip, in via TWRP. Shouldn't take more than 20 or 30 seconds, for everything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you decide, an even easier method, is to just Odin the latest TWRP, and flash the SuperSU zip, in via TWRP. Shouldn't take more than 20 or 30 seconds, for everything.
    When I first got my new Note 4 I had the exact same concerns as you do about rooting and flashing the recovery. From what I read early on, you want to flash the CR-auto root first, then the TWRP recovery. Both using Odin on your PC. But I will give you a heads up. When you root the phone all will be fine, it's not until you flash the custom recovery and flash a stock rooted rom that you will lose the Wi-Fi calling setting and the toggle for it as well as the sprint boot animations. My stock rooted rom has this stuff fixed. Hybrid Edition is my rom focused towards people who want a stock looking rom.

I would like to take this time to ask if you would download my rom and give it a theming overhaul? That would be awesome. That's if you feel like it or even have the time.
    Some Links I Used

Here are some links I used, rooted the same day I got the device :)

root; http://galaxynote4root.com/galaxy-note-4-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-4/
    root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55865442&postcount=3
    recovery: http://teamw.in/twrp_view_all_devices
    recovery: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/266
    Does that give root or do you need to Odin cf-autoroot first?
    After you Odin TWRP, boot into TWRP, and flash the latest SuperSU zip, from Chainfire (Google it). You will then be stock, rooted-- no need for CF Autoroot.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone