recovery

Search This thread

alibabaxyz

Mar 2, 2021
hi.
i found on my old pc file name "recovery.img". i would like to open that file on my pc. how to do this can you help me?
virtualbox doesnt open that file, power iso/deamon tools say file could be damage.
i dont have my old phone btw.
pis
alibaba

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
hi.
i found on my old pc file name "recovery.img". i would like to open that file on my pc. how to do this can you help me?
virtualbox doesnt open that file, power iso/deamon tools say file could be damage.
pis
alibaba
If it's from an android device,
It's a copy of the recovery partition and contains no user data.
It's basically the program that would create a data backup.
It's really only usable on the device it was created for.

Reactions: Slim K

Slim K

• May 16, 2015
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    hi.
    pis
    alibaba
    Additionally, If your img is from an android 9 or lower device, you can use imjtool in a linux or MacOS environment to unpack that .img file. Here are can find the instructions on how to use it. You can the look for files pertaining to fstab and get a clue there or on a default.prop. Just don't edit something you're not sure of or you may fry your emmc.

Reactions: sd_shadow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      hi.
      pis
      alibaba
      If it's from an android device,
      It's a copy of the recovery partition and contains no user data.
      It's basically the program that would create a data backup.
      It's really only usable on the device it was created for.
      hi.
      pis
      alibaba
      Additionally, If your img is from an android 9 or lower device, you can use imjtool in a linux or MacOS environment to unpack that .img file. Here are can find the instructions on how to use it. You can the look for files pertaining to fstab and get a clue there or on a default.prop. Just don't edit something you're not sure of or you may fry your emmc.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone