Rectangle on my screen after removing the screen protector?

Search This thread

drewfishy

Feb 28, 2021
Hello everyone! This morning, I removed the screen protector that came with my replacement display which I have been using for months now because it had too many scratches. After removing it, nothing was out of the blue until I noticed a large patch of uneven pixels in the shape of a rectangle. Can someone explain to me why this happens and the best way to solve it?

I've read some others had luck by just leaving it alone and letting it disappear on its own (usually within a week or so). My screen does not show any signs of screen burn-in and only shows image retention when watching 16:9 content for long periods of time (~usually 40 minutes at most)

1614529090046.png

This is an image of my phone with the said rectangle.

App: OLED Tools
The rectangle is mostly noticeable when viewing dark images or gray backgrounds. It is also noticeable when looking at dark greens.

Reactions: blackhawk

martyagt4

Nov 27, 2010
Mine did the same thing after removing my glass screen protector (Dome). Took a good 3 weeks to a month to fade enough that I can just ever ever so slightly notice it. I was really bummed out because the phone is flawless, and I wanted to change to a new protector.

But yeah, it faded away. I just looked again and I can't see it anymore.

Reactions: MahidharG610F

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I don't understand how the screen protector has anything to do with that or why it wasn't visible before. Disconcerting...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
All I can say is always use OEM parts with these devices. That includes the adhesive strips.
I've repaired Canon pro cams before and having the exact parts makes the difference.
I hope it works out for you.

drewfishy

Feb 28, 2021
All I can say is always use OEM parts with these devices. That includes the adhesive strips.
I've repaired Canon pro cams before and having the exact parts makes the difference.
I hope it works out for you.
It was replaced by an authorized Samsung Service Center I know the parts are legit.

It's been a few weeks now, and it's not as noticeable anymore!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! This morning, I removed the screen protector that came with my replacement display which I have been using for months now because it had too many scratches. After removing it, nothing was out of the blue until I noticed a large patch of uneven pixels in the shape of a rectangle. Can someone explain to me why this happens and the best way to solve it?

I've read some others had luck by just leaving it alone and letting it disappear on its own (usually within a week or so). My screen does not show any signs of screen burn-in and only shows image retention when watching 16:9 content for long periods of time (~usually 40 minutes at most)

1614529090046.png

This is an image of my phone with the said rectangle.

App: OLED Tools
    The rectangle is mostly noticeable when viewing dark images or gray backgrounds. It is also noticeable when looking at dark greens.
    Mine did the same thing after removing my glass screen protector (Dome). Took a good 3 weeks to a month to fade enough that I can just ever ever so slightly notice it. I was really bummed out because the phone is flawless, and I wanted to change to a new protector.

But yeah, it faded away. I just looked again and I can't see it anymore.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone