• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Red discoloration of the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ displays upset buyers in Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Snow755

Jan 26, 2012
Sonora
According to Samsung the issue can be resolved through settings - although some consumers are claiming it can't be.

Source : https://www.cnet.com/news/some-samsung-galaxy-s8-phones-ship-with-red-tinted-screens/

I have a pre-order lined up for 28th Apr but I'm not in a real rush for this phone so I'm wondering if I should wait this one out for a few months to see how it pans out.

thats what am planing on doing i may this skip and get the samsung S9 or not 8 down the road in the mean time my S7 works this find right now

ljg600

Jan 21, 2013
These reports cannot be ignored. The concern is that the screen either can't be fully adjusted to user preference or the issue crops up after the return period. In S8 reviews I saw mention of red/blue variations in screens- but it was considered normal.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

techguyone

Mar 5, 2011
Can someone with a samsung advise, as I'm currently on a Sony, does the s8 have the kind of colour adjustment ability ability shown in the Sony screenshot, to adjust colour?

Attachments

• 34009899151_77847ca8ae_o.png
    34009899151_77847ca8ae_o.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 830
Nov 18, 2014
Can someone with a samsung advise, as I'm currently on a Sony, does the s8 have the kind of colour adjustment ability ability shown in the Sony screenshot, to adjust colour?

From what I understand - yes, S8's running Nougat have RGB sliders such as the one in the screenshot.

However, some consumers have complained that it's not helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: techguyone
Nov 18, 2014
Snap 835 vs Exynos

I read on a forum that whilst the issue manifests itself on the actual panel (i.e. red tint) - a contributing factor could be the processor being used? With Exynos variants of the S8 not having this problem?

Does anybody here reckon that could be the case? I guess we'll find out soon.

evo4g63t

Dec 20, 2013
That is pretty noticeable but I wonder if it would be as noticeable if the device is used on its own versus the comparison?

I am torn on one hand, for the price Samsung is charging (you could get a nice computer system at the asking price) it should be perfect. On the other hand, 1st world problems.

Sent from my LG-H918 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: BarryH_GEG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts