• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Red Magic 3 Root Guide

Search This thread

kelv55l

Jul 25, 2019
Im confused i did all the steps on global version NA rom, but i dont know if it is fully rooted or not. Some root checking apps say it is some say it isnt. Also when I use lucky patcher it says it isnt fully rooted. What did I do wrong and how can I check if my phone is fully rooted?
Thanks
*Edit* Didnt have Magisk app installed before running the final 3 commands in cmd *facepalm

Last edited:

em902566

Jun 17, 2019
Im confused i did all the steps on global version NA rom, but i dont know if it is fully rooted or not. Some root checking apps say it is some say it isnt. Also when I use lucky patcher it says it isnt fully rooted. What did I do wrong and how can I check if my phone is fully rooted?
Thanks
*Edit* Didnt have Magisk app installed before running the final 3 commands in cmd *facepalm
You have to install magisk to allow apps run root permission

Reactions: kelv55l

alanzaki073

Mar 3, 2011
Hyderabad
OnePlus 8T
i follow all steps, and root its done, its check, bue my wifi turn off automatic, i turn on and her turn off
You need to use the boot image from the ROM you're currenlty using, and patch that one via Magisk. The Wifi won't break then.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Any chance of getting this to work on the latest eu rom?
Yes it does.

Reactions: Johnnio

Rukh32

Dec 30, 2018
do i need to flash custom recovery
cause when looked all steps i didnt see any info abput custom recovery
via this step.
is it possible to directly root mobile and no need to flash custom recovery
and can i unroot it after installing gapps via go google installer
plz hurry and send reply
thanking you

neonlucifer13

Jun 12, 2020
Unable to use WiFi after rooting

I rooted Red magic 3 with Magisk manager using Global EU rom V 1.3. After rooting I am unable to use my WiFi and hotspot, no sounds, no incoming and outgoing calls. But still I can use my mobile data. Can anyone explain and give a solution for successful rooting?

Bodanapuajith

Sep 2, 2020
Help me with this i got struck

After all those steps doing i got struck and looping in the bootloader menu when the cmd is done it says unlocked after the reboot again it says locked and fastboot count is increasing

Not able to root

How to root V1.21,? We are not getting any further update after that.. so I tried to update manually to v2.10 but got it soft bricked, fortunately there is a unbrick tool for the same, so managed to get it unbricked, can somebody guide me to root it.. any tried and tested method?

RoseRahman

Dec 23, 2020
I need some help,
Last time i updated my phone to 5.09 cn rom after that when i got bugs i tried to downgrade to 3.34 and i bricked my phone , then i use unbrick tool and get back to asia version but now my phone doesnot have the charging animation in power off mode and also fastboot device is can't get the device in win7/win 10. I also tried 2-3 times by reflash the cn rom and again back to asian version.
Need help any guide please.
Thanx in advance..

I forgot to mention that adb is working, bootloader is unlocked, i can access bootloader by using keys and adb reboot-bootloader command, but can't get device in device manager in fastboot mode , i can also access 9008 mode and recovery mode. Everything working fine but i have that two issue now, also i have my device in 5.11cn rom now.

Last edited:
Reactions: John_Ryan

John_Ryan

Dec 25, 2020
I need some help,
Last time i updated my phone to 5.09 cn rom after that when i got bugs i tried to downgrade to 3.34 and i bricked my phone , then i use unbrick tool and get back to asia version but now my phone doesnot have the charging animation in power off mode and also fastboot device is can't get the device in win7/win 10. I also tried 2-3 times by reflash the cn rom and again back to asian version.
Need help any guide please.
Thanx in advance..

I forgot to mention that adb is working, bootloader is unlocked, i can access bootloader by using keys and adb reboot-bootloader command, but can't get device in device manager in fastboot mode , i can also access 9008 mode and recovery mode. Everything working fine but i have that two issue now, also i have my device in 5.11cn rom now.

I'd facing same problem bro,, My laptop is on Win 7,, When phone idle (ON), its able connect to my laptop and i used comment "adb devices" in commemt promp, and its show my device (Phone),, When i used comment "adb reboot bootloader", its fone and my phone reboot to bootloader,, The problem begun here, when phone is on fastboot mode, i used comment "fastboot devices", its show nothing (Meaning my phone not connect to laptop)
Of course because that proplem i can't flash TWRP, Magisk and Gapps,,

If someone here can find out the way to fix this, i do really thanks for helping,,

I'm using Nubia Red Magic 3,, And i do TWRP, Magisk and Gapps since several years (2018),,

RoseRahman

Dec 23, 2020
I'd facing same problem bro,, My laptop is on Win 7,, When phone idle (ON), its able connect to my laptop and i used comment "adb devices" in commemt promp, and its show my device (Phone),, When i used comment "adb reboot bootloader", its fone and my phone reboot to bootloader,, The problem begun here, when phone is on fastboot mode, i used comment "fastboot devices", its show nothing (Meaning my phone not connect to laptop)
Of course because that proplem i can't flash TWRP, Magisk and Gapps,,

If someone here can find out the way to fix this, i do really thanks for helping,,

I'm using Nubia Red Magic 3,, And i do TWRP, Magisk and Gapps since several years (2018),,
I command shell commands in adb where i was able to saw that the charger and the aboot file is missing i think, here's the problem start i think so we need a fresh softwere which have this files inbuilt.

Top Liked Posts