• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Red Magic 6 Pro / Persist.img needed to restore fingerprint reader operation

Search This thread

Ragemanster

Mar 27, 2009
Hello All,

I have successfully rooted my red magic 6 pro phone using the method described in the forum post:

I am faced with the issue of the fingerprint reader not working.

Tried fixing it by running the calibration procedure (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...er-print-after-loss-data-calibration.4132961/) with no success.

If anyone of you has an operational fingerprint reader in their red magic 6 pro and they would like to help me fix mine, please sent me the persists.img of your phone so I can flash it in my own and get the reader operational again.

There is another post that describes the procedure on how to extract the img from your phone from the forum:

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

bs3pro

Jul 24, 2020
Hello All,

I have successfully rooted my red magic 6 pro phone using the method described in the forum post:

I am faced with the issue of the fingerprint reader not working.

Tried fixing it by running the calibration procedure (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...er-print-after-loss-data-calibration.4132961/) with no success.

If anyone of you has an operational fingerprint reader in their red magic 6 pro and they would like to help me fix mine, please sent me the persists.img of your phone so I can flash it in my own and get the reader operational again.

There is another post that describes the procedure on how to extract the img from your phone from the forum:

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
You need your persist.img that shipped with phone. Someone elses will NOT. You have lost FP forever.

Ragemanster

Mar 27, 2009
You need your persist.img that shipped with phone. Someone elses will NOT. You have lost FP forever.

I've read for another phone that they were able to restore the functionality with the persist of another phone. I understand that the sensors are calibrated per device but it seems that the issue is more related to the security of the root rather than persist being actually corrupted.

Are you aware if I flash stock rom again if there is possibility for FP to work again?

Ragemanster

Mar 27, 2009
why don't you extract it from the original ROM?
If I am not mistaken, this is a per device partition and is not included in any ROM. As I understand it, persist.img contains all the sensors calibration data for the phone.
This is why I request from someone who has the same phone to extract and share so I can have a chance to save the FP functionality in my phone.

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Mate 20 X
ASUS ROG Phone 3
If I am not mistaken, this is a per device partition and is not included in any ROM. As I understand it, persist.img contains all the sensors calibration data for the phone.
This is why I request from someone who has the same phone to extract and share so I can have a chance to save the FP functionality in my phone.

Understood. Yes, it's not a ROM file. I may switch to this device in the next day or two. Don't mind giving you a copy of mine if you haven't got it by then..

Ni4ht

Sep 24, 2021
Understood. Yes, it's not a ROM file. I may switch to this device in the next day or two. Don't mind giving you a copy of mine if you haven't got it by then..
Hello bro i have same issue just for sure do u have redmagic6 pro with 5050mAh (international) version???
If yes please help me, im struggle two months with this issue and now know i lost my a file named persist.img lol

Last edited: