• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Red Magic 6 / Pro Root-FP fix

Search This thread
May 28, 2021
Regarding updates: I've done this, and re-locked but I'm having trouble getting updates after. It gets through the download portion then fails after than when it should apply the update. Any thought on something to try? currently on the 4.12 global rom, trying to take the 4.15 update.
you have to flash the corresponding version first like if your on 4.12 flash 4.12 full firmware then update and root again we have a telegram group you should join in there.

DevoidAhad

Jun 27, 2021
Hello everyone.
Today i will be guiding you all for rooting Red Magic 6/Pro with bootloader locked as well as FP working.
Download the attached file.
extract on pc.
Now first things first enable developer options and Allow oem unlock.
Now once thats done Create a Magisk patched boot.img for your specific Fw. You can see this thread for that https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-the-red-magic-6-and-red-magic-6-pro.4266551/

now once we have magisk patch boot img copy it to pc and now reboot to bootloader/fastboot we can do that by vol down and power or by adb reboot bootloader

now execute step 1 in zip file you downloaded and unlock bootloader now the device will wipe and start up.
No need to setup just skip it.Now again reboot to bootloader and this time flash magisk patched boot image using.
fastboot flash boot magisk.img
now once thats done dont reboot now execute step3 and step 4 and select bootloader lock now the device will wipe and you will be rooted as well as Fp will be working.

This method has been tested by 4 devices on 3.12 and 4.12 and all worked successfully.Once again flash at your own risk and i am not responsible for any loss.

We have a dedicated telegram group for Red Magic 6/Pro development: https://t.me/RedMagic6
Thanks Do let me know if you face any issue or problem
It will gone root again?

bs3pro

Jul 24, 2020
After rooting like this, Whats widevine?? Does it drop to l3? Or stay at l1?

numbawon

After rooting like this, Whats widevine?? Does it drop to l3? Or stay at l1?
Here's screenshot showing rooted and widevine
IMG_20210705_080856.jpg

numbawon

@alibroproshrow OP, your files are reported by multiple users as containing virus. I know it is common for exploit toolkit, but can you please double check the files and advise?

I have removed the attachment for now. Thanks.
Having used the files, and read through all the scripts, they are getting flagged because of the batch files (at least on my system) . I read through then and ran the commands manually because that's my preference. I also didn't use the included adb and fastboot executables, preferring what I've installed on my system. @op if you put the files up, maybe just include the commands in a Readme and vbmeta.img file to be safest for everyone.

kittyshik

May 20, 2021
Nubia Red Magic 6
Regarding updates: I've done this, and re-locked but I'm having trouble getting updates after. It gets through the download portion then fails after than when it should apply the update. Any thought on something to try? currently on the 4.12 global rom, trying to take the 4.15 update.
same here ..stuck on like 40 or 45% then error ..just have to update first before doing the procedure

Reactions: numbawon

kittyshik

May 20, 2021
Nubia Red Magic 6
the root state is very useful for me because i can now manage the data folders on android folder .. i can now configured my pubg to have 90fps ..thanks to this thread!

aznftw

Oct 4, 2021
Can the same process be applied to the red magic 6s pro or is it different?
Don't. I tried the same on my nx699j-s (ghost edition) and one of the 6pro guides made my device booting into the logo page only while another guide just straight up hard bricked my device. Don't follow my path.

Last edited:

aznftw

Oct 4, 2021
Can the same process be applied to the red magic 6s pro or is it different?
I'll let you know once I do find something that can work for the 6s pro. Meanwhile you should just stick with the stock firmware plus all these bloatwares it's carrying along with. I have no idea why I even risked mine for some getto experimentings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone.
    Today i will be guiding you all for rooting Red Magic 6/Pro with bootloader locked as well as FP working.
    Download the attached file.
    extract on pc.
    Now first things first enable developer options and Allow oem unlock.
    Now once thats done Create a Magisk patched boot.img for your specific Fw. You can see this thread for that https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-the-red-magic-6-and-red-magic-6-pro.4266551/

now once we have magisk patch boot img copy it to pc and now reboot to bootloader/fastboot we can do that by vol down and power or by adb reboot bootloader

now execute step 1 in zip file you downloaded and unlock bootloader now the device will wipe and start up.
    No need to setup just skip it.Now again reboot to bootloader and this time flash magisk patched boot image using.
    fastboot flash boot magisk.img
    now once thats done dont reboot now execute step3 and step 4 and select bootloader lock now the device will wipe and you will be rooted as well as Fp will be working.

This method has been tested by 4 devices on 3.12 and 4.12 and all worked successfully.Once again flash at your own risk and i am not responsible for any loss.

We have a dedicated telegram group for Red Magic 6/Pro development: https://t.me/RedMagic6
    Thanks Do let me know if you face any issue or problem

Moderator Edit: Attachment removed because it contains virus as reported by users and my own Firefox browser. Please scan your computer and proceed with cautions.

1625616554372.png
    can i do this on cn rom? and btw where is this "steps" coming from? sorry just a newbie
    Yes. In summary, the steps are as follows:
    1: unlock bootloader
    2: flash magisk patched/rooted boot.img
    3: flash unprotected vbmeta (in the zip)
    4: relock bootloader

@alibroproshrow I would recommend adjusting the process:
    1: flashing the vbmeta; the command should read:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta
    2: erase userdata/cache via fastboot -w
    3: then relock the BL
    can i do this on cn rom? and btw where is this "steps" coming from? sorry just a newbie
    yes it works for all
    There are step.bat in zip file You just need a Magisk patched boot.img for your ROM
    do i run th

that bat file is just instruction? or do i run that?
    run bat