Redeeming 100GB Google Drive

Search This thread

magnus0322

Apr 1, 2009
Sunrise, FL
Hi all,

I got my G4 and opened Google Drive app and it said click here to redeem the 100 GB offer. Once selected it said unable due to application needed to be updated. I updated and now can't find the offer. How do I get it to show me the offer like the first time?

Thanks

Reactions: martinvictor

magnus0322

Apr 1, 2009
Sunrise, FL
I tried that but it seems in Android 5.1 you have to completely remove all user accounts. I guess when I have more time I'll try that, if not I'll have to factory reset the phone

magnus0322

Apr 1, 2009
Sunrise, FL
I tried to force stop, clear data, clear cache. Uninstalled the update. Nothing no mention of the offer.

I tried removing all google accounts and that didn't work either. I will try to factory reset next week unless anyone has any other ideas?

LancerV

Nov 20, 2007
I tried to force stop, clear data, clear cache. Uninstalled the update. Nothing no mention of the offer.

I tried removing all google accounts and that didn't work either. I will try to factory reset next week unless anyone has any other ideas?

Contact Google Support they always been topnotch for me

pfizzle

Oct 30, 2013
My Verizon g4 appears to be completely missing the 100gb promo

I'm having the same problem too, I tried to clear cache/data and force close and restart. Even after doing the tour a couple times it still doesnt work to show me the promo. has anyone else had luck?

ecpolo521

Oct 10, 2010
If you skipped the offer, you get get back to it by doing the following:

In Drive, open the menu, go to settings. At the bottom (under "About"), click on the Product Tour. At the end of that tour, you'll be able to accept the offer.

This worked. Thanks for the heads up.

ptrick2000

Jun 2, 2015
Are you with Verizon?

Just to clarify: this method worked with a Verizon phone?

I have a Verizon, and have not been able to get any of these methods to work: Clear Cache, Force Stop, Uninstall Updates, retake Product Tour.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you skipped the offer, you get get back to it by doing the following:

In Drive, open the menu, go to settings. At the bottom (under "About"), click on the Product Tour. At the end of that tour, you'll be able to accept the offer.
    Thank you! I got this to work with a minor modification. Every time I opened Google Drive after the factory reset and it showed me the offer, it kept failing telling me it needed to update. I tried updating Google Drive first and that didn't help. Finally, I tried updating Google Play Services first, and that did the trick.

So for me the modified procedure was:
    1. Backup the system to SD card with LG Backup app (Settings->General->Backup&Reset->LG Backup)
    2. Factory reset your phone to default setting (but do not format SD Card) (Settings->General->Backup&Reset->Factory Data Reset)
    3. Once the phone is back up, login with your Google account but do not select restore; instead set it up as a new phone. Let the phone sync with Google and update any apps it does, but do not manually update or install any app.
    4. Open Google Now (swipe up from "home"). It will ask to update Google Play Services; do that.
    5. Now open Google Drive, let it go through the Product Tour, and it should give you the offer. Select to redeem.
    6. Restore the precious backup with LG Backup App. This will effectively do a complete reset, replacing everything with what you had before step 1.

Some users in Taiwan also had same issue. I had tried to reset my phone more than 3 times but fail to redeem 100GB Google drive. The replied message is some thing like " Please update your Google drive app and then redeem the 100GB drive again --404 (Not Found)" in Chinese. I tried several times and finally succeeded to redeem 100GB drive space.
    The procedure is:
    1. Backup the system to SD card by LG Backup app( LG Backup option that will let you copy data, call reject lists, text messages, images, and even your home screen).
    2. Change the DNS of your router or wireless router to Google public DNS 8.8.8.8
    3. Reset your phone to default setting(but do not format SD Card).
    4. Once the phone is back up do not update or install any apps, login with your Google account and let the phone sync with Google but do not restore it, set it up as new phone. Then you can try Google Drive and it should work ( run Google drive-->Setting-->Chose Product Tour-->Swipe to redeem 100GB page).
    5. Restore the precious backup lbf file by LG Backup APP. After this you can set the phone up the way you like it and update all apps.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I did this only 10 minutes ago, and both the drive app and the drive web page still show me as only having 17GB. However, when I clicked on that in drive or clicked "buy more storage" on the drive web page, the "Drive Storage" page now shows me as having 117GB!
    LG promotion - expires 8/13/17 100 GB
    I'm on Sprint, BTW.
    Hi all,

I got my G4 and opened Google Drive app and it said click here to redeem the 100 GB offer. Once selected it said unable due to application needed to be updated. I updated and now can't find the offer. How do I get it to show me the offer like the first time?

Thanks
    Some users in Taiwan also had same issue. I had tried to reset my phone more than 3 times but fail to redeem 100GB Google drive. The replied message is some thing like " Please update your Google drive app and then redeem the 100GB drive again --404 (Not Found)" in Chinese. I tried several times and finally succeeded to redeem 100GB drive space.
    The procedure is:
    1. Backup the system to SD card by LG Backup app( LG Backup option that will let you copy data, call reject lists, text messages, images, and even your home screen).
    2. Change the DNS of your router or wireless router to Google public DNS 8.8.8.8
    3. Reset your phone to default setting(but do not format SD Card).
    4. Once the phone is back up do not update or install any apps, login with your Google account and let the phone sync with Google but do not restore it, set it up as new phone. Then you can try Google Drive and it should work ( run Google drive-->Setting-->Chose Product Tour-->Swipe to redeem 100GB page).
    5. Restore the precious backup lbf file by LG Backup APP. After this you can set the phone up the way you like it and update all apps.
    Hi all,

Thanks
    Guys,

Just discovered a much easier way!!!

.1 Delete XML file as explained above (located in device/data/data/com.lge.drive.activator/ shared_prefs)
    2. Reboot the phone
    3. Go to Play Store, find Google Drive app and UNINSTALL. That will remove all updates
    4. Go to GDrive, take the tour and you'll be able to claim offer without error!
    Just did it minutes ago!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone