RedMagic 5G Series UNOFFICIAL Support

Adrian RedMagic5G

Nov 30, 2020
Hello again, would anyone know if the Red magic 5G will be updated again? With this new update ( V8.11 ) it's made more issues than fixed. Some apps don't work on 144Htz when before the update it would E.g. YouTube, Instagram. That's all the apps I've found so far that don't work anymore, might be more not sure but it would awesome if they could fix this. Also the with the volume control you can't hold down/up to increase/ decrease volume. Only when pressed in increments. Seems to work when I'm in spotify though. Speaking of Spotify the notification doesn't work properly. When I'm playing a song it doesn't say so in notifications so I can't control music out of the Spotify app which is annoying. These problems didn't exist before the latest update. I can deal with it for now but it would just be grate to get reassurance that these floors will be fixed soonish. Kind regards.

Patrick Morgan

Mar 20, 2008
Montreal QC
. Some apps don't work on 144Htz when before the update it would E.g. YouTube, Instagram. Also the with the volume control you can't hold down/up to increase/ decrease volume. Only when pressed in increments. Speaking of Spotify the notification doesn't work properly. When I'm playing a song it doesn't say so in notifications so I can't control music out of the Spotify app.
I'm not sure about the refresh rate, as I usually use 60hz all the time. It's possible that it was a bug that it worked in the first place, both apps don't have native support for 144hz.

Volume control works correctly in 8.11 I can press and hold and it will move up and down. This is probably a bug caused by updating and not flashing a clean system. I suggest backing up your data and wiping the phone, then restoring your app data for apps you backed up. The system data may be interfering with your setup now.

Notifications did change in android 10 breaking alot of things, check to see if Spotify has the notification permission to report on the status bar.

I use media monkey to play music, it works perfectly with notification and lock screen.

Except for the refresh rate of the apps changing I believe a clean install of the Rom should fix your issues.

Reactions: Adrian RedMagic5G

letzdoit

Oct 15, 2018
Red magic moment breaks after every PUBG update. It is not working since yesterday when pubg updated game to v1.2. No recording notification and no moments saved. Tried clearing cache and reinstalling game/ firmware but no use.

Tyler Wang

Jan 14, 2021
I can't find a 5S support thread but need help desperately!!! @JerryYin

Guys I need some help. If I am posting in the wrong place I apologize and please redirect me. My less than a month old 5S pulse global version from Nubia direct (Christmas present we got both his and hers) literally just died while I was scrolling through my WeChat! I really loved the phone though up to that point. No the phone was not abused....I baby it! It had more than 90% charge at the time, was not running any apps so no stress, laying on the table beside me so not in my pocket or being charged. Literally just watching a photo on the screen and it suddenly dimmed black and died. No sign, no drama. Power button and volume buttons dont do anything....any ideas as to what to do are welcome :-(

xppe

Jan 16, 2021
Hi guys, yesterday I worked on the phone and from one moment to another it went Black, I restarted it and when it turned on the image began to flash, I managed to put it in 60hz and 144hz and it was worse, when I entre the recovery mode it is seen without no problem, will it be a problem With the rom? Or screen died, if someone knows something ir would be very helpful, thanks!!

PD: when I adjust the brightness it works well, but once locked or opening some camera-like app it goes black and doesn't turn back on.