Search This thread

MadMedicos

Introductions:

Xiaomi Redmi 10 / 10 Prime with codename selene with model names 21061119AG, 21061119AL, 21061119BI includes Global Firmware (Global ROM) which can be flashed with clean all and lock methods. Currently available firmware are Global, Indian, Indonesian(Indo), Taiwan, European(EEA) and Russian.Reference

Background:

I bought Redmi 10 prime a month back with 21061119BI model which had Indian variant ROM (RKUINMX).

Indian ROM (RKUINMX) Features:
Contacts and Dialer: Google
Calendar: Xiaomi
Region: Ability to Change
Browser: Chrome, (No Mi Browser)
ADS: Lots
Theme Store: Fonts availability as region change

Even after changing the region there were ads showing up in some apps. So I google it and found that it can be disabled using apps (toggle show ads to off, personal recommendations to off) or using adb and remove bloatware.

XiaomiADBFastbootTools(Ref) is a beautiful tool to remove bloatwares from xiaomi devices. However, After using it and removing some applications I realized I have to reboot to connect to wifi always. I still haven't found the culprit app but these days I remove very few of them. Solution was factory reset.

My bootloader was still locked. I used Miflash_unlock tool(Ref) and need to wait for few days to flash other Global ROM.

However, there is a tool to flash global rom without unlocking bootloader. XiaoMiTool V2 (XMT2)(Ref) worked fine for me which uses ADB sideload procedure to flash Global Variant ROM. My phone still shows model as 21061119BI but all apps and software now detect it as 21061119AG.

Global ROM (RKUMIMX) Features:
Calendar: Google
ADS: Slight Less, depends on your region now.

I couldn't flash indonesian/EEA rom using XiaoMiTool V2

As my waiting time was over, I used Mi Flash Unlock to to unlock my bootloader and then Flash the Indonesian ROM using miflash tool(Ref)

Indo ROM (RKUIDMX) Features:
Contacts and Dialer: Xiaomi
Browser: Chrome and Mi Browser)

I tried Taiwan ROM too.
Taiwan ROM (RKUTWMX) Features:
Region: No settings to change region.
Browser: Chrome (No Mi Browser)
ADS: Slight Less, need to turn off using apps.
Theme Store: Fonts not available.
This is the small size ROM, maybe because they remove many things like region based apps.

I settle with Indo ROM. All ROMs have sim activation issues if your carrier doesn't support it. I have not yet tried EEA and Russian ROM. If anyone have it feel free to share the app features in various ROMs.

ROMs can be downloaded at mifirm(Ref). I used clean all and lock method but it is not advisable, do try with clean all only first.

Reactions: xYOSIYAx

ivanhoe76

Mar 17, 2015
Novara
Is someone going to open Redmi 10 (selene) forum? I really miss custom roms that I always used on all my previous xiaomi phones since redmi 3 pro! I know that i was wrong buying a mtk device (my previous ones were all snapdragon!)

Reactions: rajeshsrivastava

RumbleRamy

Apr 19, 2017
Hey xda admins we need a dedicated forum for Redmi 10 / 10 Prime (selene) phone, there are many custom roms and recoveries and we need an official source

Reactions: user4302
can confirm that the custom rom from "Nusantara Project" works
it is an android 12 rom based on AOSP
(i successfully flashed it and have been using it for just over a month)
page for redmi 10 (selene)

a working twrp is also available.
a working orange fox is supposedly available, but i have never used it.

the support team and all detailed flashing information is managed on a telegram group.
almost everyone speaks the native language of Singapore i believe.
but there is a bot that provides all the details we need when prompted.

im not sure if im allowed to add the steps here or not, or even the link to the telegram group.
ill ask them and update this post.

Reactions: xYOSIYAx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can confirm that the custom rom from "Nusantara Project" works
    it is an android 12 rom based on AOSP
    (i successfully flashed it and have been using it for just over a month)
    page for redmi 10 (selene)

a working twrp is also available.
    a working orange fox is supposedly available, but i have never used it.

the support team and all detailed flashing information is managed on a telegram group.
    almost everyone speaks the native language of Singapore i believe.
    but there is a bot that provides all the details we need when prompted.

im not sure if im allowed to add the steps here or not, or even the link to the telegram group.
    ill ask them and update this post.
    Thanks. Do we have any Custom ROMs or have to wait for it?
    Introductions:

Xiaomi Redmi 10 / 10 Prime with codename selene with model names 21061119AG, 21061119AL, 21061119BI includes Global Firmware (Global ROM) which can be flashed with clean all and lock methods. Currently available firmware are Global, Indian, Indonesian(Indo), Taiwan, European(EEA) and Russian.Reference

Background:

I bought Redmi 10 prime a month back with 21061119BI model which had Indian variant ROM (RKUINMX).

Indian ROM (RKUINMX) Features:
    ADS: Lots

Even after changing the region there were ads showing up in some apps. So I google it and found that it can be disabled using apps (toggle show ads to off, personal recommendations to off) or using adb and remove bloatware.

XiaomiADBFastbootTools(Ref) is a beautiful tool to remove bloatwares from xiaomi devices. However, After using it and removing some applications I realized I have to reboot to connect to wifi always. I still haven't found the culprit app but these days I remove very few of them. Solution was factory reset.

My bootloader was still locked. I used Miflash_unlock tool(Ref) and need to wait for few days to flash other Global ROM.

However, there is a tool to flash global rom without unlocking bootloader. XiaoMiTool V2 (XMT2)(Ref) worked fine for me which uses ADB sideload procedure to flash Global Variant ROM. My phone still shows model as 21061119BI but all apps and software now detect it as 21061119AG.

Global ROM (RKUMIMX) Features:

I couldn't flash indonesian/EEA rom using XiaoMiTool V2

As my waiting time was over, I used Mi Flash Unlock to to unlock my bootloader and then Flash the Indonesian ROM using miflash tool(Ref)

Indo ROM (RKUIDMX) Features:
    Browser: Chrome and Mi Browser)

I tried Taiwan ROM too.
    Taiwan ROM (RKUTWMX) Features:
    Region: No settings to change region.
    Browser: Chrome (No Mi Browser)
    ADS: Slight Less, need to turn off using apps.
    Theme Store: Fonts not available.
    This is the small size ROM, maybe because they remove many things like region based apps.

I settle with Indo ROM. All ROMs have sim activation issues if your carrier doesn't support it. I have not yet tried EEA and Russian ROM. If anyone have it feel free to share the app features in various ROMs.

ROMs can be downloaded at mifirm(Ref). I used clean all and lock method but it is not advisable, do try with clean all only first.
    I can't find the Redmi 10 forum anywhere. Is it not on xda yet?
    Nope.
    Is someone going to open Redmi 10 (selene) forum? I really miss custom roms that I always used on all my previous xiaomi phones since redmi 3 pro! I know that i was wrong buying a mtk device (my previous ones were all snapdragon!)
    any news about twrp for android 12 MIUI 13.0
    Now TWRP is available, but I have no idea about the version, https://mifirm.net/model/selene.ttt#twrp