[Redmi 2][OFFICIAL][7.1.2][06/10] Resurrection Remix 5.8.5

Search This thread

Uri0550

Jan 18, 2014
Silesia
Installed this rom with 16.05 release. I love it, its smooth, all rr features works, I couldn't tell anything bad on this rom. Unfortunately from last Monday 5 days ago, rom started to behave strange - no deep sleep at all. I've tried a lot of options but i cant find source of this problem. No wakelocks, greenfy does not help, built in battery saver failed me too. Even different kernel couldn't help...

RN3Pro + Tapatalk

Ben10Tom

Nov 24, 2014
Bangalore
Hi!

I seem to have come across a bug in the latest version of this ROM (RR-N-v5.8.3-20170516-wt88047-Official). But I am unable to logcat it since the bug causes me to have to clean-flash the ROM thereby losing all data & logs.

So I will try my best to explain the bug hoping that it may be of some help for the dev to try to fix it. Help is really appreciated :)

The bug is this:
When I try to connect to a new WiFi connection but I enter the password of the connection incorrectly, the device goes into a boot-loop or is stuck on the bootloading screen.
Happened several times on different WiFi connections. There seems to be no issue when the password is entered correctly but an incorrect password leads to a bootloop. Thus I end up having to clean-flash the ROM again since dirty-flashing it doesn't work.

Hoping to be helped by the Dev. Thank you!!

andreymixmax

Mar 17, 2016
Hi!

I seem to have come across a bug in the latest version of this ROM (RR-N-v5.8.3-20170516-wt88047-Official). But I am unable to logcat it since the bug causes me to have to clean-flash the ROM thereby losing all data & logs.

So I will try my best to explain the bug hoping that it may be of some help for the dev to try to fix it. Help is really appreciated :)

The bug is this:
When I try to connect to a new WiFi connection but I enter the password of the connection incorrectly, the device goes into a boot-loop or is stuck on the bootloading screen.
Happened several times on different WiFi connections. There seems to be no issue when the password is entered correctly but an incorrect password leads to a bootloop. Thus I end up having to clean-flash the ROM again since dirty-flashing it doesn't work.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-2/development/rom-aospextended-rom-v1-1-t3486744/page105.
See page 104.

brianostorm

Nov 4, 2014
github.com
Hi!

The bug is this:

I also faced this once, i removed the battery from my phone untill i was far away from that wifi, but when i turned it on, it wouldn't let me access the task switcher and neither the action center.

gage_cz

Mar 18, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Partial "system and application" reset+WiFi passwords lost

Hello guys,
I am using the RR-N-v5.8.3-20170516 for some time without any major issue (except the small one like: you can not share photo from QuickPic; Lockscreen shortcuts are sometimes disappearing, app ).
But suddenly without any known reason, phone have started to act strange.
WiFi connection (on different hotspots, on different places) is very slow (Google Play app downloading, Chrome browsing, FB browsing). There were some random reboots (mostly, when phone was waiting for app response) and the major issue was, that after one reboot, phone has somehow partially reseted.
Specifically -
  • Google Chrome was in default settings
  • all application lost their "open" association and permissions (for example: "access" to Position, SD card, camera...)
  • stored WiFi hotspots and passwords are lost
  • Some settings from Device settings were reseted

I would like to make a Logcat, but with this random behaviour I am not sure how to capture the critical point.
I have cleared cache in TWRP, but this behaviour occured again. My phone is Xiaomi Redmi 2 4G/LTE/WCDMA/(2GB RAM - HM2014813).
Do you have any solution or tip (except the factory reset, which is obvious solution for everything :)

Anubis86

Jan 11, 2013
Dear developer,
If possible for you then pls fix these issues in RR rom:
1) Random reboots
2) Network drop & slow downloads even on 4G
3) Phone heating (above 43 degree)
4) Battery backup
5) Long process time during boot screen (I care less abt this issue but random reboots tends me to)
I'm using 2014818 Redmi 2 prime.
Dear developer sorry for trouble but pls give your time for these issue as your RR rom is a great build as far as to my concern.

Reactions: kartik989

wajidsnaa

May 20, 2017
Dear developer,
1) Random reboots
4) Battery backup
5) Long process time during boot screen (I care less abt this issue but random reboots tends me to)
Dear developer sorry for trouble but pls give your time for these issue as your RR rom is a great build as far as to my concern.

Even I was also facing the same issue but after clean flash just install gapps from aroma installer and replace all stock apps with Google apps 70 % battery heating issue and random reboot issue solved and no proximity sensor issue till now...

Reactions: Anubis86

The legend of Ang_ga

Apr 15, 2016
Dear developer,
1) Random reboots
4) Battery backup

1. No random reboot here
2. Network fine in my country and my RR
3. 27° when indle and 42° when Hard usage with charging condition.
4. Try manage apps that Stay awake and running in background with uncheck it.
5. Uncheck start in boot in every apps or disable boot animation will make your phone booting faster..
Suggestion : clean flash your rom.

NamitNayan

Feb 11, 2017
1. No random reboot here
2. Network fine in my country and my RR
3. 27° when indle and 42° when Hard usage with charging condition.
4. Try manage apps that Stay awake and running in background with uncheck it.
5. Uncheck start in boot in every apps or disable boot animation will make your phone booting faster..
Suggestion : clean flash your rom.
Well if room temperature is above 40°(Indian summer) you can't help
But yes net stopped working for me if phone temperature above 41°(EASILY REACHED L otherwise best ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Redmi 2][OFFICIAL][7.1.2][06/10] Resurrection Remix 5.8.5

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FMgEcR1m.jpg

What is Resurrection Remix?
    Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM, slim, omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device
    Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to, the CM team, OMNI team, SLIMROMS, SaberMod and of course to all the supporters

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Downloads:
    Resurrection Remix
    Gapps
    TWRP

Instructions:
    First time flashing Resurrection Remix on your device, or coming from another ROM (e.g. MIUI)?
    WARNING: This procedure will factory reset your device! Accounts, applications, settings, etc will be lost!
    Download the file Resurrection-Remix-N-vXXX-XXXX-wt88047.zip to your phone from the links below
    Download the file open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-xxxxxxxx.zip to your phone from the links above
    Reboot your device into Recovery mode by holding PWR+VOL-UP
    Format userdata, cache and dalvik cache
    Install both the ROM and the GApps zip files
    Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of Resurrection Remix?
    Download the file Resurrection-Remix-N-vXXX-XXXX-wt88047.zip to your phone from the links above
    Reboot your device into Recovery mode by holding PWR+VOL-UP+VOL-DOWN
    Install the ROM zip
    Reboot

Special mentions:
    - balika011 [Open Source Kernel]
    - Kumajaya [ex?CM maintainer]
    - nicknitewolf [Current CM/LineageOS Maintainer]
    - Zwliew [Important Fixes]
    - Premaca [Initial N Tree's and for adapting Xiaomi Kernel Source]
    - Cyanogenmod
    - AOSP

Device Tree
    Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix for Redmi 2, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 2

Contributors
    s.sawrav
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.8.5
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-06

Created 2017-01-02
    Last Updated 2017-10-06
    Yey. Skip the update. Waiting for 64-bit release :)

Waiting for 64Bit release ?

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

LOL okay since you guys want it so badly,here's the 64-Bit RR Build and it's the old one since i have other updates to works so i wont be able to build for a day or two,i'll try though.Also there are couple of things to keep in mind here:-

1)This is an UNOFFICIAL BUILD since VOLTE doesn't work.
    2)Also it's a beta so expect some bugs,don't post them in this thread,rather i'll create another thread for discussions regarding 64bit ROMS
    3)As most of you must know that 64 bit increases ROM/system size quite significantly so install gapps according to that,(you may even have to remove some system apps to install gapps properly).

Ohh and BTW huge thanks to @pirej and @premaca ,as you all must know these guys are a wonderful and very helpful people and obviously they helped me a lot,without them our devices might have died out by now.

Enjoy!!!
    UPDATE

New Build is UP!!

Changelog:-

-Upstream Change's and some stuff
    -For detail changelog check github.

Also just in case if you have any issue's with cam like the last build,uninstall magisk and use different root option for now.

Download:-Check your OTA's or download here

ENJOY!!!

P.S:-64-bit is ready only thing not working is VOLTE,so i'll be releasing a separate unofficial-Experimental Build by tomorrow or the day after that.
    Good things take time

Almost there,few issue's to work out and we'll be good to go.
    UPDATE!!!

Any plan to update soon or waiting for February security update? Sorry for ask ETA. but, I need update for headset button and notification light setting.

today or another day?

WOW!!! It's so nice to see all this.Asking for ETA then getting sarcastic about it,4 people thanking the person who asked for ETA,love the support,WOW just WOW,need i remind you guy's that i do all this in my free time and neither i'm asking for anything,all that i ask for is that you be decent,asking ETA's again and again when i clearly mentioned i have exams and the build be delayed. Do know that you're entitled to nothing,builds will come when i'm free and when i can.

Ohh and afaik feb update isn't out,do remember January is still going on,new security tag is merged when google releases it and the headset thing probably won't work.

-.-

Anyway,new build is up

Download

Enjoy or don't.

BTW @Skcyte clean flash this build and let me know if your issue persists.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone