Redmi 4 prime Android update from Marshemello 6.0 to 11 or 12

Search This thread

kmliug

Jul 20, 2022
Hello;

I want to ask who better knows than me if I can upgrade Android 6.0 which I have on my Redmi 4 Prime to a stable version of Android 11 or 12, the picture is attached of my current firmware and versions, as with the current version am losing some apps which I stopped supporting Android 6.0.
Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Best Regards

Attachments

• Redmi 4 prime.png
    Redmi 4 prime.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 77

chittrip

Mar 20, 2014
Hello;

I want to ask who better knows than me if I can upgrade Android 6.0 which I have on my Redmi 4 Prime to a stable version of Android 11 or 12, the picture is attached of my current firmware and versions, as with the current version am losing some apps which I stopped supporting Android 6.0.
Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Best Regards

I don't think that's possible. The best you could do is to try and modify the apps or force them to run, but that's very hit and miss.

kintaro_pd

Jul 29, 2017
I don't think that's possible. The best you could do is to try and modify the apps or force them to run, but that's very hit and miss.
HHi ,

I've installed,yesterday , HAVOC 4.9 based to Android 11.
In the last 2 years i've used HAVOC 3.12 found here in XDA and based to Android 10

Both of them are great with my Redmi 4 Prime (MARKW)....remember to patch audio with sound fix that find online

best regard

Attachments

• redmi 4.JPG
    redmi 4.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 67

kmliug

Jul 20, 2022
HHi ,

I've installed,yesterday , HAVOC 4.9 based to Android 11.
In the last 2 years i've used HAVOC 3.12 found here in XDA and based to Android 10

Both of them are great with my Redmi 4 Prime (MARKW)....remember to patch audio with sound fix that find online

best regard
Hello; I always see "MARKW" what is that? how an I know if my Redmi 4 prime is "MARKW"?

marduj5

Aug 16, 2012
I have miui port android 10 installed and it is working just fine,even better than stock rom.I prefer it better than lineage os.Android 11 is the last aosp.Android 12 does not exist for redmi 4 prime.No kernel for A12.Markw is nick name for Redmi 4 prime.

marduj5

Aug 16, 2012
You must use treble recovery to flash.Wipe cache,dalvik,data,system,vendor.

kmliug

Jul 20, 2022
You must use treble recovery to flash.Wipe cache,dalvik,data,system,vendor.
Hello; I would appreciate if you send me the step-by-step guide to upgrade as I am not an expert with that.
Also I found that many are talking that the upgrade is suitable only for "MARKW" and I do not know what is that, I am not sure my redmi 4 prime is "MARKW"

Many thanks in advance,

marduj5

Aug 16, 2012
Hello; I would appreciate if you send me the step-by-step guide to upgrade as I am not an expert with that.
Also I found that many are talking that the upgrade is suitable only for "MARKW" and I do not know what is that, I am not sure my redmi 4 prime is "MARKW"

Many thanks in advance,
Redmi 4 prime is markw.Install twrp treble recovery if you don't have it.Put rom zip on the sd card or internal memory of your phone.Choose advance wipe.Wipe cache,dalvik ,system,data,vendor.yThan choose rom zip and flash it.After it is done just reboot phone and wait few minutes.

kmliug

Jul 20, 2022
Redmi 4 prime is markw.Install twrp treble recovery if you don't have it.Put rom zip on the sd card or internal memory of your phone.Choose advance wipe.Wipe cache,dalvik ,system,data,vendor.yThan choose rom zip and flash it.After it is done just reboot phone and wait few minutes.
Hello marduji, thanks a lot for replying. How can I check if mine is markw.install treble recovery?

marduj5

Aug 16, 2012
I also tried to follow up your advice but when pressing "power button with volume down key" the mobile boot on "Fastboot" and then it gets stuck on this "fast boot" screen.
To enter recovery you must pres power button + volumeup+volume down in the same time.You have to learn some things .Read first,you have all this on xda and internet.Treble twrp has wipe and flash vendor option.

kmliug

Jul 20, 2022
To enter recovery you must pres power button + volumeup+volume down in the same time.You have to learn some things .Read first,you have all this on xda and internet.Treble twrp has wipe and flash vendor option.
Thanks all o.k now, I used your ROM, but when booting it asks for a password, what is it, I appreciate your prompt reply dear.

kmliug

Jul 20, 2022
Hello @marduj5, hope you are fine and doing well, I faced problems with receiving and sending calls with the ROM you attached here like I am not reachable from time to time also I can not make some times a call. so I was searching for a more stable ROM and I found "Havoc 4.9" I flashed it, but I am missing Mi cloud synchronization and the MARKW seems as not recognized as a Xiaomi mobile phone, how can I solve that? which reflects restoring the SMS and the call history and other backups I used to do with my MARKW.
Thanks in advance for your advice

marduj5

Aug 16, 2012
Sorry.Try rhis romhttps://mega.nz/file/8oNEVLQJ#d7ao3zdi83mbuX-GMm3mhKWCzEm_jklJp1bIzHi4pl8