Redmi 5 Plus Fake Global Rom Random Hardbricked

Search This thread

Teddy Thomas

Aug 14, 2015
Guys, I recently bought a redmi 5 plus that installed with miui 9.2.0.2.

It can randomly bricked after a few days use.
When it bricked, I cannot boot into recovery mode nor power up the device, the led light keep blinking when charging and nothing will ever show up on the screen no matter what I press.

All I do is take it to service centre and they will open up the device back cover and boot it, but they will never tell me what they did.

Now the third time I go to service centre, they accused me for unauthorised opening the back cover due to scratch at the side of the screen, so the warranty is void.

Please help me get out of this nightmare, I want to know if I flash global dev rom to it, the problem will be solved?

If yes, how do I do it? Is it possible to flash with the updater? Or only testpoint method? (Note: this device is installed fake vendor rom)

n0_xQuZe

Sep 6, 2011
Guys, I recently bought a redmi 5 plus that installed with miui 9.2.0.2.

It can randomly bricked after a few days use.
When it bricked, I cannot boot into recovery mode nor power up the device, the led light keep blinking when charging and nothing will ever show up on the screen no matter what I press.

All I do is take it to service centre and they will open up the device back cover and boot it, but they will never tell me what they did.

Now the third time I go to service centre, they accused me for unauthorised opening the back cover due to scratch at the side of the screen, so the warranty is void.

Please help me get out of this nightmare, I want to know if I flash global dev rom to it, the problem will be solved?

If yes, how do I do it? Is it possible to flash with the updater? Or only testpoint method? (Note: this device is installed fake vendor rom)

if your device is completely bricked then you have to do test point method. It is not very hard, and it will make your phone work again, flash chinese beta rom and unlock bootloader if you want then.

Teddy Thomas

Aug 14, 2015
if your device is completely bricked then you have to do test point method. It is not very hard, and it will make your phone work again, flash chinese beta rom and unlock bootloader if you want then.

Can I flash global development rom directly from a fake rom? From what I read in other thread, Chinese development rom will come out with error 86006

n0_xQuZe

Sep 6, 2011
Personally i have a MEE7 version phone, you can check yours in the phone box. I had a fake rom and couldnt update or flash anything. So i did test point, flashed chinese developer rom and succesfully bind my account without any error whatsoever and no need for any vpn at all. So now i am only waiting for 15 days to go by and i can unlock.

timbook2

Dec 29, 2014
Personally i have a MEE7 version phone, you can check yours in the phone box. I had a fake rom and couldnt update or flash anything. So i did test point, flashed chinese developer rom and succesfully bind my account without any error whatsoever and no need for any vpn at all. So now i am only waiting for 15 days to go by and i can unlock.

I have the MET7 and did the test point method all flashed ok i too am now waiting the 15 days to unlock. also account binding worked first time.

masammut

Dec 9, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
No you cannot flash global rom over fake rom - it will brick the phone - tried and tested.
test point method to chinese developer rom, unlock bootloader and then flash global rom.