Redmi 5 Plus issues with TWRP

Search This thread

Minik9988

Nov 7, 2019
So, where to start.. I just got my redmi note 5 to test all sorts of things on, and my first goal was to successfully unlock it, install TWRP, and root through Magisk.

For this, I've used the 'Flashing TWRP on Redmi 5 Plus (and Root)' guide on the miui blog (can't post the link, unfortunately.)
I unfortunately keep running into a strange problem, which I'm going to explain briefly, because this is the second time that it happened, and I have no idea what to do, to be completely honest.

So, I successfully unlocked my redmi 5 plus, enabled USB debugging, installed ADB Fastboot on my PC, and went on to flash TWRP 3.3.0.0. This worked, the recovery image was properly read, although I could only boot it from fastboot into recovery, by holding the button combination. When trying to reboot after flashing, going into recovery from the system via the console on my pc put me in the normal MIUI recovery. So, I had to flash TWRP again, and do it the way I described. I forgot to mention, but I also copied both Magisk and no-verity to the root folder of my internal storage before installing TWRP, but, when going into TWRP to install, I could not find those zip files.

The internal storage showed as 0MB, and I read that you're supposed to wipe the data, with TWRP, which did in fact let me see the amount of MB on my internal storage, but unfortunately it did not let me find those files either. The sad part is, now my phone is stuck on a bootloop, again, and I can only run either recovery or fastboot, the latter of which I'm going to use to flash stock recovery and do a factory reset, once again.

At this point I'm lost as to what I should do, I'm following the advice from many different sources, and nothing seems to work. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but being the noob I am, I cannot figure it out :confused:.

Minik9988

Nov 7, 2019
Give it a shot by trying orange fox recovery
Also I might be wrong but I think there is a fix for 0mb problem

Try OrangeFox Recovery, for me its better than twrp. Internal storage is 0mb because its encrypted, OragneFox can decrypt that partition and make it accessible.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I did try one last thing by just installing magisk on my phone normally, and.. well, it actually worked! I don't have a custom recovery, but I was able to root the phone without any issue, so I think this will suffice for now? In the future though, I'll keep the OrangeFox Recovery in mind.

Thanks for the advice! I did try one last thing by just installing magisk on my phone normally, and.. well, it actually worked! I don't have a custom recovery, but I was able to root the phone without any issue, so I think this will suffice for now? In the future though, I'll keep the OrangeFox Recovery in mind.

Nice to see that your problem has been solved! You can thank by hitting "Thanks!" button :)

Miltonbaidya88

Jun 14, 2018
Flash twrp
Format data
Then flash twrp in twrp
Flash no variety
Reboot to recovery..
Now you will have your twrp permanently installed as recovery
Now do whatever u like with twrp

Reactions: Minik9988

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Give it a shot by trying orange fox recovery
    Also I might be wrong but I think there is a fix for 0mb problem
    Try OrangeFox Recovery, for me its better than twrp. Internal storage is 0mb because its encrypted, OragneFox can decrypt that partition and make it accessible.

Good luck!
    Flash twrp
    Format data
    Then flash twrp in twrp
    Flash no variety
    Reboot to recovery..
    Now you will have your twrp permanently installed as recovery
    Now do whatever u like with twrp