• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

redmi 7a, bootloop after installing treble roms

Search This thread

xarvox

Aug 6, 2009
Hello everybody!

Im trying to ditch the spywareOS that came with my phone, but i seem to be unable to find a replacement.
The only thing that actually boots after install is a lineageOS 17.zip installation, but thats incredibly unstable and has deal-breaking bugs.

So im trying desperately to get treble roms to work and i belive ive tried "them all" already, none of them actually boots up or shows the custom boot animation, its in a loop, the redmi logo shows up, then screen goes black (reboot?) and then the redmi logo shows up again.

Ive been trying both 32bit and 64bit roms, both Aonly and A/B varations, with no difference what so ever, so i figure i must be doing something wrong, missing a step somewhere..

Ive been following THIS TUTORIAL mostly, but the Permissiver_v4.zip install always failed with a error (cant remember exactly) but i found a version 5 witch does install.

I did downgrade MIUI to 10.2.5 before starting the procedure and i did find the corresponding boot-image witch im using, along with the vbmeta.img file listed in the tutorial, so i do belive i have done everything by the book, but still no cigar...

Ive tried (gsi treble roms): Descendant X, Quack Phh-Treble, Havoc-OS-3.5, LineageOS 17.x aswell as googles own GSI.
I also made sure to vacuum the forum topic for each of the ROM´s, in case there´s a hint or suggestion that i might find useful, but theyre all pretty much the same:
Wipe dalvik, System, Data and cache, install rom, reboot.
Some have suggested to clear dalvik and cache after install (sometimes with a reboot in between) and some have hinted that the magisk is mandatory in order to fix boot issues, but still no go..

So, does anybody have any suggestions?